Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,975
    I thought it was good for our immune system to get sick. If there aren't any viruses capable of overburdening hospitals, then why change our behavior?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,561 Founders Club

Yes.

Problem is though people are going to get out of the habit/routine of following sports, and its as good as an excuse as any for finding something else to do. I bet when sports finally do come back you will see a surge of folks/interest initially, and then a month or two after you will see a big drop-off in interest. Not so much in football as the others (baseball and basketball especially).

Still think it is nuts some sports aren't pushing to have closed-stadium games now...try to do something/anything to drum up interest. A closed-to-the-public Masters tournament would dominate TV because there is literally nothing else on to compete with it but its postponed now...

I would assume they looked into it and something was blocking their way.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    I don't get why they can't play in the front of closed stadiums now. Noted virus expert the mainstream media said it was hotel rooms
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,354 Swaye's Wigwam
    June, I'll be ready in June. May in a pinch.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Yes.

Problem is though people are going to get out of the habit/routine of following sports, and its as good as an excuse as any for finding something else to do. I bet when sports finally do come back you will see a surge of folks/interest initially, and then a month or two after you will see a big drop-off in interest. Not so much in football as the others (baseball and basketball especially).

Still think it is nuts some sports aren't pushing to have closed-stadium games now...try to do something/anything to drum up interest. A closed-to-the-public Masters tournament would dominate TV because there is literally nothing else on to compete with it but its postponed now...

Definitely changed me following baseball after the strike in 1994. I was pissed and never really returned.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Now. This country is full of emotional Karen’s
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I don't get why they can't play in the front of closed stadiums now. Noted virus expert the mainstream media said it was hotel rooms

Because the players might spread a cold
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,669 Standard Supporter
    edited April 2020
    why not force separation on the field and in the seats.

Picture a FB game where they have to remain 6 ft apart at all times (spread formation anyone?), play is over when a player violates that space. In the stands, only seats are every 4th row with staggered seating every 5 seats. Can't leave to go to the zone so solves that problem.

God I am sick of this shit... even thinking like this... shoot my ass

Edit PS: I never feel safe with 70,000 strangers.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    The vid has brought up more @SpoonieLuv poasts along with financial ruin, so I’ll call it a wash
  • PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    edited April 2020

Yes.

Weren’t people already losing interest in the NBA an MLB? The NBA especially has had declining ratings for the last 5 years or so.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    This fall when MSU opens season. And the rest of SEC.