Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cracks are forming. We are being lied to

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-br-infant-death-coronavirus-positive-20200404-54z75ceqzfei7ajtwskc4ncrua-story.html?outputType=amp

"“Probably the youngest person ever to die of COVID has died here in Connecticut,” Lamont said Wednesday in announcing the baby’s death"

"All patients who die in Connecticut hospitals during the pandemic are being tested for the virus, regardless of their manner of death, so the infant was tested post-mortem and the results came back positive."

"But the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has not ruled that COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, caused the baby's death as of Friday afternoon."

"I don’t know the cause of death of this [infant] that you’re talking about or any of the people, because we don’t determine cause of death,” Cartter said. “We define lab-confirmed COVID-19 associated deaths as anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19, tests positive on a COVID-19 test before or around the time of death. We do not determine causality.”
Because the baby tested positive, it was reported properly as a death connected to a positive COVID-19 test result, Cartter said."

"But Lamont presented the baby’s death as specifically caused by the virus, even though Chief Medical Examiner James Gill’s official cause of death finding is still outstanding."

Comments

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,207 Swaye's Wigwam
    definitely fishy reporting and score keeping.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    Grim new deadly details emerge of a dark day for Americans
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter
    Whoever pays the refs and scorekeepers wins.

Basic AAU.

OT but speaking of AAU basketball HBO has a great doc out on the FBI bullshit with college coaches the last couple years

Turns out the dick heads at the FBI and the Southern District of New York (shout out to Billions) were as capable as the Comey Keystone Kops who went after Trump

Well worth a watch. They set up and entrapped the brothers and let all the white guys walk

OT but speaking of AAU basketball HBO has a great doc out on the FBI bullshit with college coaches the last couple years

Turns out the dick heads at the FBI and the Southern District of New York (shout out to Billions) were as capable as the Comey Keystone Kops who went after Trump

Well worth a watch. They set up and entrapped the brothers and let all the white guys walk

Lots of TV watching time right now. Churning through a bunch of ESPN stuff. And some really FAB HGTV episodes...OMG, so stylish.

I hate the Chicago fixer upper girl. And fuck Nichole Curtis - looks like she bulemias herself before every episode.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

When the left pushes they push together.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Now that's some critical-thinking journalism. Not seeing that in WA.
    I dipped into some old HBO docs

Kareem

Miracle on Ice (people forget that we still had to beat Finland - Al Michaels)

Runnin Rebels

Magic and Larry

61*

ESPN is showing some good shit and Masters week is going to be lit.
    From the frontlines in England from an email from my sister

I’ve got one friend who probably had it (not much testing here as in your country, so unless you’re really ill, you don’t get tested) and her brother definitely did as he was ill enough to be put in hospital, so was tested. Other than that, I don’t know anyone who has had it, although everyone is paying more attention than normal to sneezes, coughs, etc. Which are rife at this time of year anyway, but it’s making everyone a bit hypochondriac. But the death rate is still rising, so I guess the virus will eventually touch the lives of people we know.

Because the UK is now a nation led by idiots and ideologues, policy changes from day to day as does what comes out of politicians’ mouths. First we’re going for herd immunity and too bad for the old and vulnerable who get culled. Eventually we’ve got to the WHO recommendations of physical distancing, isolation, etc, but we’re not bothering with the testing, which is an essential part of that method. We’ve been told for a few years that we don’t need experts and now we’re meant to trust whichever ones the government fancies listening to. Ten years of Tory neoliberal economic policies have left the health service strapped – pandemic wards turned into offices for the increasing number of bureaucrats, PPE gear, masks, etc not purchased so that managers could get their bonuses for keeping to budget, nurses leaving the service en masse after 10 years of no pay increase, training bursaries scrapped, the list goes on. Now we’re hauling doctors out of retirement and expecting all the health staff, including cleaners and porters to deal with virus patients without the right protective clothing and no tests.

And then there’s the benefits system which has been used as a stick to beat unemployed and disabled people with, calling them scroungers and cheats. Now, suddenly loads of people are being laid off as businesses are no longer allowed to operate and people are beginning to understand that “there but for the grace of god go I”.

I could go on about all the other ways successive tory governments have wrecked the country and damaged countless lives, but I think you can get the gist. At least here, our narcissistic clown of a leader has enough intelligence to understand the gravity of the situation and to have some comprehension that he and his cabinet of fools are in way over their head. Whereas your imbecile of a president hasn’t got a clue.

Fucking grim.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

From the frontlines in England from an email from my sister

I’ve got one friend who probably had it (not much testing here as in your country, so unless you’re really ill, you don’t get tested) and her brother definitely did as he was ill enough to be put in hospital, so was tested. Other than that, I don’t know anyone who has had it, although everyone is paying more attention than normal to sneezes, coughs, etc. Which are rife at this time of year anyway, but it’s making everyone a bit hypochondriac. But the death rate is still rising, so I guess the virus will eventually touch the lives of people we know.

Because the UK is now a nation led by idiots and ideologues, policy changes from day to day as does what comes out of politicians’ mouths. First we’re going for herd immunity and too bad for the old and vulnerable who get culled. Eventually we’ve got to the WHO recommendations of physical distancing, isolation, etc, but we’re not bothering with the testing, which is an essential part of that method. We’ve been told for a few years that we don’t need experts and now we’re meant to trust whichever ones the government fancies listening to. Ten years of Tory neoliberal economic policies have left the health service strapped – pandemic wards turned into offices for the increasing number of bureaucrats, PPE gear, masks, etc not purchased so that managers could get their bonuses for keeping to budget, nurses leaving the service en masse after 10 years of no pay increase, training bursaries scrapped, the list goes on. Now we’re hauling doctors out of retirement and expecting all the health staff, including cleaners and porters to deal with virus patients without the right protective clothing and no tests.

And then there’s the benefits system which has been used as a stick to beat unemployed and disabled people with, calling them scroungers and cheats. Now, suddenly loads of people are being laid off as businesses are no longer allowed to operate and people are beginning to understand that “there but for the grace of god go I”.

I could go on about all the other ways successive tory governments have wrecked the country and damaged countless lives, but I think you can get the gist. At least here, our narcissistic clown of a leader has enough intelligence to understand the gravity of the situation and to have some comprehension that he and his cabinet of fools are in way over their head. Whereas your imbecile of a president hasn’t got a clue.

Fucking grim.

Bloody hell, that's bollocks
    Sounds like National Health in England isnt up to the challenge

Sounds like National Health in England isnt up to the challenge

Clearly the dental portion doesn't work.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    Boris is a Tory. So was Margaret Thatcher. The other Tories are as much of a conservative as HW Bush was. Tony Blair ruled for 10 years and was Labor. None of them wanted to deal with the British shit show of a health care system. What is clear is that our imbecile of a leader knows where the virus came from and is willing to do something about it. Like shut down travel from China. Something no dem would have done, including the noted Nobel Prize for Medicine winner Slo Joe. Nuggets of truth in her whine, but she is all the evidence you need to see how soft the West has become.

Boris is a Tory. So was Margaret Thatcher. The other Tories are as much of a conservative as HW Bush was. Tony Blair ruled for 10 years and was Labor. None of them wanted to deal with the British shit show of a health care system. What is clear is that our imbecile of a leader knows where the virus came from and is willing to do something about it. Like shut down travel from China. Something no dem would have done, including the noted Nobel Prize for Medicine winner Slo Joe. Nuggets of truth in her whine, but she is all the evidence you need to see how soft the West has become.

England update

Boris Johnson is now in the hospital
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    Bob_C said:

No doubt you are correct. If you look at mortality data out of Italy and Spain covid deaths being underreported by a factor of 2 or 3.