Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My mind has been changed. It's tim to become more like Sweden

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club

Relevant: Sweden only has 57 people per square mile

Italy has like 2,000,000

And most of America is still rural. By square mile if not by population

Its why the small towns are telling the city slickers to stay the fuck out
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,843
    42 here in self service country.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Fuck this shit. Open this bitch up. People are going to die. I no longer give a fuck. People are dying anyway and the economy is fucked.

The question is why? Many of us already know.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,521 Standard Supporter

Italy has like 2,000,000

You mean Sweden is spread out all over hell like the US of A?!?!

Who knew?

pawz said:

I clicked on this thread expecting to see Swedish boobs - swoobs.

Sad!

@PurpleThrobber

Holy shit. I bing image searched "Hot Swedish Women".

I'll be back tomorrow....to many choices. A sample:

Tomorrow? You're better than that;-)

I thought the left was desperate to be like sweden

Everyone pays taxes there at a high rate. Their welfare and most of the "government" are run by private companies. In many ways, they're more capitalistic than we are.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Italy has like 2,000,000

Sounds like a Sweden vs. Italy boob-off is in order.

I'm going to have to go with the Italian's in the one rather easily, say 36 24 36?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,521 Standard Supporter

pawz said:

I clicked on this thread expecting to see Swedish boobs - swoobs.

Sad!

@PurpleThrobber

Holy shit. I bing image searched "Hot Swedish Women".

I'll be back tomorrow....to many choices. A sample:

Tomorrow? You're better than that;-)
    I have to take a few naps in between brb, jo time.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/09/swedens-coronavirus-approach-starting-look-like-mistake/
    But in the short term, it’s starting to look as if the Swedish approach will result in an increased death toll and overwhelmed hospitals, i.e. the very thing the U.S. and other countries are trying to avoid:

A head doctor at a major hospital in Sweden says the current approach will “probably end in a historical massacre.” He says healthcare workers at his hospital who have tested positive for the virus but are asymptomatic have been advised to continue working. He asked to remain anonymous because “it is frowned upon to speak of the epidemic or to go against the official vision” but said he felt a need to speak out from an “ethical and medical point of view.”

The Swedish legislature will meet this week to discuss whether tougher measures restricting business and travel should be implemented. Söderberg-Nauclér says it’s already too late to prevent chaos in Stockholm but that preventative lockdown measures could still be taken throughout other parts of the country.

“If they are right and we are wrong, I will open a bottle of champagne,” Söderberg-Nauclér says. She notes that, based on the modeling she’s seen, the healthcare system in Sweden will collapse if stricter measures are not adopted immediately. “But I will not give up the fight until the government shows us evidence for their strategy.”

A Swedish virologist told Vox, “I didn’t sign my informed consent for this experiment.” That’s really what this is: A nationwide experiment that we’re all watching play out in real time. The legislature may decide to clamp down this week and put an end to the experiment but it may already be too late to avoid a disaster. As of today, Sweden has 9,141 confirmed cases and 793 deaths. Denmark has 5,830 confirmed cases and 237 deaths.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/04/09/swedens-coronavirus-approach-starting-look-like-mistake/

But in the short term, it’s starting to look as if the Swedish approach will result in an increased death toll and overwhelmed hospitals, i.e. the very thing the U.S. and other countries are trying to avoid:

A head doctor at a major hospital in Sweden says the current approach will “probably end in a historical massacre.” He says healthcare workers at his hospital who have tested positive for the virus but are asymptomatic have been advised to continue working. He asked to remain anonymous because “it is frowned upon to speak of the epidemic or to go against the official vision” but said he felt a need to speak out from an “ethical and medical point of view.”

The Swedish legislature will meet this week to discuss whether tougher measures restricting business and travel should be implemented. Söderberg-Nauclér says it’s already too late to prevent chaos in Stockholm but that preventative lockdown measures could still be taken throughout other parts of the country.

“If they are right and we are wrong, I will open a bottle of champagne,” Söderberg-Nauclér says. She notes that, based on the modeling she’s seen, the healthcare system in Sweden will collapse if stricter measures are not adopted immediately. “But I will not give up the fight until the government shows us evidence for their strategy.”

A Swedish virologist told Vox, “I didn’t sign my informed consent for this experiment.” That’s really what this is: A nationwide experiment that we’re all watching play out in real time. The legislature may decide to clamp down this week and put an end to the experiment but it may already be too late to avoid a disaster. As of today, Sweden has 9,141 confirmed cases and 793 deaths. Denmark has 5,830 confirmed cases and 237 deaths.

I was before the Swedish approach before I was against it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

Sweden has lowest population density in Europe but Stockholm is pretty dense with heavy public transit use.

Swedish deaths per capita is 60% higher than the US, and I know through friends/colleagues they are very actively not testing.

Sweden has a long history of courageous indecision and inaction (see WW2), LIPO if this works for them.

The only thing I care about are the nurses and teachers 21-29 years old
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,298

Sweden has lowest population density in Europe but Stockholm is pretty dense with heavy public transit use.

Swedish deaths per capita is 60% higher than the US, and I know through friends/colleagues they are very actively not testing.

Sweden has a long history of courageous indecision and inaction (see WW2), LIPO if this works for them.

The only thing I care about are the nurses and teachers 21-29 years old
    Real work is for the immigrants, you should be concerned about the influencers and fitness models
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

lulz. good chit.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,544 Founders Club

lulz. good chit.
    Before the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

lulz. good chit.
    Before the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor
    Forget it, he's rolling.