Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DoogieChart: Washington State's growth in deaths -vs- New York's

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,218
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

15% isn’t good no matter what. However I’d want to know who was tested.
    Except the positive test rate is 8.9%, not 15% - that was one particular day. 8.9% is about 2% higher than what I've been hearing elsewhere outside King County. Not Fleenor been hearing, don't twist...better than that, better than that.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Except the positive test rate is 8.9%, not 15% - that was one particular day. 8.9% is about 2% higher than what I've been hearing elsewhere outside King County. Not Fleenor been hearing, don't twist...better than that, better than that.

True ... but the positive rate was in the 7.5% range about a week ago off the top of my head

The high daily test rates is relatively troubling if the controls are the same

• Options
    Tequilla said:

True ... but the positive rate was in the 7.5% range about a week ago off the top of my head

Not really - because a massive percentage of those who test positive don't have underlying health issues, don't smoke and aren't old. Better to watch the recovery numbers than go down the rabbit hole of the Death Pool.

People are gonna die. That's a simple fact. People are gonna die walking down the street. April 6 has been my day to start either going worry wart or fuck off mode/give me back my liberty.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,262
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    No new deaths overnight in Oregon. Positive Test Rate = 4.8%. Once again its Oregon. Hope there isn't a sh*t load of false negatives.

https://govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19

Oregon Health Authority

As of 3/29/2020, 8:00 a.m. Updated daily.
    Positive 548
    Negative 10,878
    Total persons tested 11,426
    Total deaths 13
    March 29, 2020 Situational Status Report - Produced jointly by the Oregon Health Authority and the Oregon Office of Emergency
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Not really - because a massive percentage of those who test positive don't have underlying health issues, don't smoke and aren't old. Better to watch the recovery numbers than go down the rabbit hole of the Death Pool.

People are gonna die. That's a simple fact. People are gonna die walking down the street. April 6 has been my day to start either going worry wart or fuck off mode/give me back my liberty.

If people are doing their jobs and staying home, I’m not real concerned with cases. Only deaths. The ball don’t lie and neither do the deaths.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

If people are doing their jobs and staying home, I’m not real concerned with cases. Only deaths. The ball don’t lie and neither do the deaths.
    It would be nice if the gubnors let the physicians do their jobs. The ball lies if the ref keeps letting air out of it so it don't bounce.

• Options
    edited March 2020

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

It would be nice if the gubnors let the physicians do their jobs. The ball lies if the ref keeps letting air out of it so it don't bounce.

There should be nothing traveling in and out of NYC, Jersey and even Seattle, SF, LA and NO other than goods.

If you’re serious about stopping this effectively anyway.

But shutting down all of the forests and rivers is a better strategy I’m sure.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

There should be nothing traveling in and out of NYC, Jersey and even Seattle, SF, LA and NO other than goods.

The sound a ball makes as the air is let out is sssssssssssssstttt.

Weird - no red states/cities on your list.

Purely coincidental, I'm sure.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I'm with you ... and death numbers are lagging not leading indicators

It's why I'm really interested in seeing the positive cases AND testing rate in unison

If we're testing more is it because more tests are available, because more are showing symptoms to require testing, etc.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm with you ... and death numbers are lagging not leading indicators

It's why I'm really interested in seeing the positive cases AND testing rate in unison

If we're testing more is it because more tests are available, because more are showing symptoms to require testing, etc.
    Stats are nice to have. But testing every freaked out hypochondriac with a sore throat isn’t productive imo.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Also just having read an inpassing bit about rest home workers needing two clean tests to return, are the testing number given for people tested, or total tests?
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,022
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

And golf courses. Don't forget golf courses.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,761
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

And golf courses. Don't forget golf courses.
    Not a golfer but it's funny how much this has pissed people off, and rightfully so given the logic implemented.

It seems like during this time beer, weed, and golf should be handed out en masse. With payment of course.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,284
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The essential factor vs risk factor is where a lot of things got screwed up. Plenty of non essential stuff that was super low risk, like golf that should have been allowed to continue.

Municipal golf is fucked, it was already creating political issues at the local government level before any of this.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Municipal golf is fucked, it was already creating political issues at the local government level before any of this.

Huh?
  • Options

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Montana, Yes Montana!!! Did a shelter in place order on Friday. Those whole 130 cases and finally their first death must have really spooked the populace.

And in a shocking development, their Governor, Steve Bullock is a Democrat.

But this isn’t political!!!!! At all.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Montana, Yes Montana!!! Did a shelter in place order on Friday. Those whole 130 cases and finally their first death must have really spooked the populace.

Montana is about 1/2 native and half Cali rich guys.

If their governor a death wish, he'd ban fishing in Montana.

• Options

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Montana is about 1/2 native and half Cali rich guys.

If their governor a death wish, he'd ban fishing in Montana.

And sheep “sheering” as well.