Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What remains?

We now have L.A. & Seattle Times articles, Internet rumors, speculations, and the start of an NCAA inquiry. All that remains is a year of highly publicized investigations followed by sanctions handed down to both UW and USC from Dr. Snakeoil's pest exterminators during the optimum media hype week before Petersen faces Sark in Husky Stadium for the Pac-12 championship.

Hey! Fuck Oregon and the faux duck jerky slamming fantasies. We're Husky Football and wouldn't have it any other way. Perhaps as our next great football coach, Pete will resign at the beginning of his Husky career instead of wasting 18 years helping us retrieve our glory and pride.

What would happen if: USC terminated their deal with Sarkisian rather than be exposed to more NCAA sanctions even if such amounted to only a Sark suspension; Petersen decided that oops, UW under even minor penalties is not such a good fit and exercises a contractual escape from Montlake; and once-again sanctioned Husky Football is left totally without a coaching staff? Could we then put together an offer that Mora simply could not refuse?

These are dark and unserious cynical thoughts, but if the hammer that so artfully missed the ducks falls on the excessively kicked stinking dead horse we lovingly know as Husky Football, what can remain? Why not round up an under-dawg coaching staff comprised of our most favorite losers from the past 20 years: Lambright, Neuheisel, Gilbertson, Willingham, Baird, Cozzetto, Lappano, Baer, etc etc and essentially take a year off wallowing in our grief watching these clowns at work again in Husky Stadium? It wouldn't be fair to the kids on UW's returning roster, but screw it! Screw them, screw us, screw the L.A. & Seattle Times, the Pac-12 and NCAA, screw it all.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,830 Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

Screw them, screw us, screw the L.A. & Seattle Times, the Pac-12 and NCAA, screw it all.

Mods,

Are you going to do anything about this offensive language?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I don't think the Inquisition has enough evidence. An accusation isn't enough, not with cash in envelopes and coffee cups...
  • PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    There typically is language in Assistants' contracts that give the university the option of continuing the contract or terminating it, when a coach resigns or is fired. We're already in that situation. It's different than Slick and Babs. I am sure that Woodward is talking with COMPETENT attorneys, (not Law School Profs with no real world experience), about this.

The unemployed track coach was "ALLEGEDLY" given cash. There are apparently no witnesses other than the track coach. Tosh isn't dumb enough to have gone to his own ATM, (USC Basketball). The cash is likely not traceable.

If there is only one witness, where did the TWO SOURCE rule go regarding professional journalism? Who confirmed the coach's story?

The track coach is unemployed. He might have been caught giving cash to the kid's parents and trying to shift the blame. I'm NOT saying the story isn't true. I'm actually hoping that that is IS TRUE. It would show that we're getting down in the muck that is Oregon Football.

Let's hope that we hired smart coaches.

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    PRedoubt said:

There typically is language in Assistants' contracts that give the university the option of continuing the contract or terminating it, when a coach resigns or is fired. We're already in that situation. It's different than Slick and Babs. I am sure that Woodward is talking with COMPETENT attorneys, (not Law School Profs with no real world experience), about this.

The unemployed track coach was "ALLEGEDLY" given cash. There are apparently no witnesses other than the track coach. Tosh isn't dumb enough to have gone to his own ATM, (USC Basketball). The cash is likely not traceable.

If there is only one witness, where did the TWO SOURCE rule go regarding professional journalism? Who confirmed the coach's story?

The track coach is unemployed. He might have been caught giving cash to the kid's parents and trying to shift the blame. I'm NOT saying the story isn't true. I'm actually hoping that that is IS TRUE. It would show that we're getting down in the muck that is Oregon Football.

I don't see the motive for the track coach. The only angle I see is if he was dismissed but somebody else at the school knew what was going on and laid blame on the track coach, but not publicly, perhaps only using it as tacit grounds for termination. The track coach thinks coming clean will help his reputation. this is pure hypothetical speculation.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    An accusation is all that's needed to convict in an inquisition where the accused must prove their innocence if even given the opportunity. The NCAA typically hasn't allowed the due process that's the accused's right in criminal proceedings because of the time and cost required for such anti-inquisitional nonsense. The NCAA doesn't have to prove anything, only assess guilt and make a judgment on the appropriate penalty.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    PRedoubt said:

In rebuttal: Tosh is still working for UW as a contract employee and therefore, some kind of agreement must be in place that would be violated if an innocent Tosh were fired for no good reason.

It's an NCAA inquisition, not a criminal or civil proceeding in law. Due process and the need to prove the allegations made against the guilty or innocent with witnesses or any other such concrete evidence is not required.

Whatever the requirements are for professional journalism, such are not a factor to be considered relevant in any kind of NCAA investigation or assessment of guilt and judgment on penalty if any.

The track coach has stated that he isn't the whistle blower and therefore it doesn't necessarily matter to the NCAA investigation what he did or didn't do or I even if he's lying or telling the truth. UW has been sanctioned in the past on the basis of unproven claims by unidentified accusers and if the NCAA decides to not allow any denial or defense by the accused, so be it for it's their country club and their rules.

Obviously, I'm hoping that none of this ridiculous matter is true for the sakes of the UW, Husky Football, Tosh Lopoi, and young Basham and his parents. I don't give a shit about the unemployed high school track coach or the Snitch, if they be separate or the same person.

Nor do I have any regard for the NCAA except that their highly publicized and well-deserved troubles with recent investigations and sanctions lend hope that they may be getting smarter about the stupidity and unfairness of past inquisitional follies. If the NCAA president and his crew with their highly inflated salaries can't spend the time and resources to get this shit right, then they should get the fuck out of it.

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Doog.
    PRedoubt said: