Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TYFYS Boomers

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,700
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    DJDuck said:

dnc said:

My GG dad spent most of my childhood looking at me with a real sense of disappointment in his eyes as poured another drink. My older brother used me as a punching bag. Teachers watched the fights in the schoolyard. Male teachers would smack you if you got lippy

WL is right - the over reaction was swift to go the other way. Boomers were horrible parents.

Boomers are the originators of the pussification of America, no question.

The problem is the pendulum hasn't swung back in the ensuing generations. We just keep taking Boomer parenting to greater and greater extremes.

The Republic Is Over.
    That would be leftist boomers. I have raised a great family and are proud of all of them. All of them are contributing members of society. One has her PhD, and is professor at a well known private University in Southern California. Our youngest is getting her Masters degree in Math. We avoided sending them to leftist k-12 government indoctrination centers which is the big problem.

Sounds like they are loony academia tards
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

Sledog said:

My GG dad spent most of my childhood looking at me with a real sense of disappointment in his eyes as poured another drink. My older brother used me as a punching bag. Teachers watched the fights in the schoolyard. Male teachers would smack you if you got lippy

WL is right - the over reaction was swift to go the other way. Boomers were horrible parents.

After school fights were commonly arranged between antagonists. I had one in the classroom at end of day. Guess we couldn't wait. Never got in trouble as it was considered normal boyhood activity which it is.

Worked as a kid in the family business and also worked doing drywall with my friend and his dad. Work ethic was important and stressed in my home as was personal honor.

Raising pussies is no way to live.
    After school fights were not a daily occurrence - but enough to know that if you didn't show up, you were branded for the rest of your days. Didn't matter if you won or lost. Obviously a convincing knockout gained mad playground respect but just getting in the arena earned some blacktop points.

Let's not forget, the Boomers made Smear the Queer great.

Yeah, everyone at my school knew what “meet me at the flag pole after school” meant. Girls fought too. But I grew up in Eastern Washington. :)

I think the fighting has now all moved online with the cyber bullying. Kids need to learn to SAY IT PEOPLE’S FACES!
    Went to Rainier Beach HS (gives you an idea of life in my neighborhood) fights were always in the park across Lake Washington Blvd - not many would show until it was the girls fighting. Then everyone wood.
    Of course, it was just in hopes that clothes would be ripped off.
    See my other post. Chick fights were cray cray.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:

Sledog said:

After school fights were commonly arranged between antagonists. I had one in the classroom at end of day. Guess we couldn't wait. Never got in trouble as it was considered normal boyhood activity which it is.

Worked as a kid in the family business and also worked doing drywall with my friend and his dad. Work ethic was important and stressed in my home as was personal honor.

After school fights were not a daily occurrence - but enough to know that if you didn't show up, you were branded for the rest of your days. Didn't matter if you won or lost. Obviously a convincing knockout gained mad playground respect but just getting in the arena earned some blacktop points.

Yeah, everyone at my school knew what “meet me at the flag pole after school” meant. Girls fought too. But I grew up in Eastern Washington. :)

I think the fighting has now all moved online with the cyber bullying. Kids need to learn to SAY IT PEOPLE’S FACES!
    Went to Rainier Beach HS (gives you an idea of life in my neighborhood) fights were always in the park across Lake Washington Blvd - not many would show until it was the girls fighting. Then everyone wood.
    Of course, it was just in hopes that clothes would be ripped off.
    See my other post. Chick fights were cray cray.
    Yup. While I was never “popular” in the traditional sense in high school, most people liked me, except this one chick who thought her boyfriend liked me. I don’t remember what exactly it was she said to me, but it was basically, “you better back off, ‘cause you DON’T WANT NONE OF THIS GRINGA!”

I must’ve said some Jedi-level “these aren’t the droids you’re looking for” bullshit in response because she left me alone.

I was so relieved...there was nobody around to hold my gold.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ramenduck said:

This boomer has said you're all a bunch of pussies from day 1

Faggots

I agree. We had better hope we never get invaded with these younger pussies as our leaders. We will fold faster than the fucking French.
    Said every generation ever.
    Really? I don't remember any generation in the history of this country that demanded safe spaces. Where the POS rat leadership allowed people to beat people, egg them and chase and beat children who only wanted to watch a candidate speak. College students who demanded safe spaces divided by race. Rats who falsely accused thousands of fake hate crimes.

You want to say that this is normal? Bring it on POS. This is not normal. What those you support are doing is destructive.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2020

ramenduck said:

This boomer has said you're all a bunch of pussies from day 1

Faggots

I agree. We had better hope we never get invaded with these younger pussies as our leaders. We will fold faster than the fucking French.
    Said every generation ever.
    Really? I don't remember any generation in the history of this country that demanded safe spaces. Where the POS rat leadership allowed people to beat people, egg them and chase and beat children who only wanted to watch a candidate speak. College students who demanded safe spaces divided by race. Rats who falsely accused thousands of fake hate crimes.

You want to say that this is normal? Bring it on POS. This is not normal. What those you support are doing is destructive.
    Here we go again. Who and what do I support?

When the collapse you bitch about comes, you'll be among the first riding on the back of some mean man's motorcycle for protection, and probably have to get some tattoos you won't like.

Two decades of tough message board bluster from the guy who didn't own a gun until his twilight years, and had to consult the Woodshed to learn how to use it. Don't shoot your eye out, Atl.

You're one of the biggest pussies you know. You just don't know it yet. I suspect others in your life do.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

The toughest kid in grade school was a girl. Best athlete too. Nobody messed with her.
    I was a small and sickly kid until I was about 13 or 14. I got my ass kicked by a girl when I was in 3rd grade. Not proud but it's the truth. I had 4 older brothers and they pretty much protected me from any other boy that would try and bully me or beat me up. Only they could beat me up, they wouldn't let anyone else beat me up. But when it came to the girl, they just laughed and congratulated her.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,547
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My brother had exclusive rights to beat me up too

All in all it was a good deal. He took out some bad older dudes
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

My brother had exclusive rights to beat me up too

All in all it was a good deal. He took out some bad older dudes

One time, I think I was in 6th grade and I had just gotten off the bus with another kid who I'd be arguing with on the bus. We started fighting and I started getting my ass kicked, he was on top of me pummeling me. Right about that time two of my brothers, who are twins and who are 2 1/2 years older than me, came riding by on a mini-bike. They stopped, beat the shit out of the kid who was beating on me, and then forced me to get on top of him and start beating on him. Once they did that, they got back on the mini-bike and rode away.

I actually felt bad for the kid that was beating on me.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,604
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Two older brother brothers. I could take a punch!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    DJDuck said:

dnc said:

Boomers are the originators of the pussification of America, no question.

The problem is the pendulum hasn't swung back in the ensuing generations. We just keep taking Boomer parenting to greater and greater extremes.

The Republic Is Over.
    I have raised a great family and are proud of all of them.
    I'm sure they feel the same.