Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    “ Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I saw him interviewed on Fox News. I believe the sentiment he's sharing is one that many Boomers agree with. I know my Boomers parents and in-laws do.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This boomer has said you're all a bunch of pussies from day 1

Faggots

I agree. We had better hope we never get invaded with these younger pussies as our leaders. We will fold faster than the fucking French.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,329
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This boomer has said you're all a bunch of pussies from day 1

Faggots

I agree. We had better hope we never get invaded with these younger pussies as our leaders. We will fold faster than the fucking French.

You never saw Gran Torino, did you?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think Trump has it right. Let's ALL hunker down for a few weeks and see what happens. If you're still workin and have to go in as I do, you do that and then go home. It sucks, but it is necessary. After that, the areas that are relatively mildly affected, are back open for business.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,355
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Boomers are decidedly worse than their parents. My parents made me go pick strawberries, beans and cucumbers before I was a teenager. My boomer generation decided that was child abuse and outlawed it to show how modern they were. The next generations are even worse. When letting your kids play outside with out adult supervision is deemed child abuse and grounds for putting your kids into foster care - that society will not last. When huge chunks of your society think the Chicoms are more moral than Trump - that society will not choose freedom and liberty, but seek the "security" of slavery.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,547
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My GG dad spent most of my childhood looking at me with a real sense of disappointment in his eyes as poured another drink. My older brother used me as a punching bag. Teachers watched the fights in the schoolyard. Male teachers would smack you if you got lippy

WL is right - the over reaction was swift to go the other way. Boomers were horrible parents.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

My GG dad spent most of my childhood looking at me with a real sense of disappointment in his eyes as poured another drink. My older brother used me as a punching bag. Teachers watched the fights in the schoolyard. Male teachers would smack you if you got lippy

WL is right - the over reaction was swift to go the other way. Boomers were horrible parents.

Boomers are the originators of the pussification of America, no question.

The problem is the pendulum hasn't swung back in the ensuing generations. We just keep taking Boomer parenting to greater and greater extremes.

The Republic Is Over.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,604
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

After school fights were commonly arranged between antagonists. I had one in the classroom at end of day. Guess we couldn't wait. Never got in trouble as it was considered normal boyhood activity which it is.

Worked as a kid in the family business and also worked doing drywall with my friend and his dad. Work ethic was important and stressed in my home as was personal honor.

Raising pussies is no way to live.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    Sledog said:

After school fights were commonly arranged between antagonists. I had one in the classroom at end of day. Guess we couldn't wait. Never got in trouble as it was considered normal boyhood activity which it is.

Worked as a kid in the family business and also worked doing drywall with my friend and his dad. Work ethic was important and stressed in my home as was personal honor.

Water tower at Shadle Park High when I went to Glover Jr High. Me and this kid named Gene had some stupid dust up in the hallway that morning. So it was to the Tower after school. We just started to square off and the next thing I know, I'm getting lifted by the scruff of my neck by none other than Mark Rypien.

That's it.

End of story.

Fuck off.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,396
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Boomers are decidedly worse than their parents. My parents made me go pick strawberries, beans and cucumbers before I was a teenager. My boomer generation decided that was child abuse and outlawed it to show how modern they were. The next generations are even worse. When letting your kids play outside with out adult supervision is deemed child abuse and grounds for putting your kids into foster care - that society will not last. When huge chunks of your society think the Chicoms are more moral than Trump - that society will not choose freedom and liberty, but seek the "security" of slavery.

Did you get on the buses to take you out to Hillsboro back then then too? Paid for a lot of Donkey Kong.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,547
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

After school fights were not a daily occurrence - but enough to know that if you didn't show up, you were branded for the rest of your days. Didn't matter if you won or lost. Obviously a convincing knockout gained mad playground respect but just getting in the arena earned some blacktop points.

Let's not forget, the Boomers made Smear the Queer great.

Yeah, everyone at my school knew what “meet me at the flag pole after school” meant. Girls fought too. But I grew up in Eastern Washington. :)

I think the fighting has now all moved online with the cyber bullying. Kids need to learn to SAY IT PEOPLE’S FACES!
    The toughest kid in grade school was a girl. Best athlete too. Nobody messed with her.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,576
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

After school fights were not a daily occurrence - but enough to know that if you didn't show up, you were branded for the rest of your days. Didn't matter if you won or lost. Obviously a convincing knockout gained mad playground respect but just getting in the arena earned some blacktop points.

Let's not forget, the Boomers made Smear the Queer great.

Yeah, everyone at my school knew what “meet me at the flag pole after school” meant. Girls fought too. But I grew up in Eastern Washington. :)

I think the fighting has now all moved online with the cyber bullying. Kids need to learn to SAY IT PEOPLE’S FACES!
    Went to Rainier Beach HS (gives you an idea of life in my neighborhood) fights were always in the park across Lake Washington Blvd - not many would show until it was the girls fighting. Then everyone wood.
    Of course, it was just in hopes that clothes would be ripped off.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    dnc said:

Boomers are the originators of the pussification of America, no question.

The problem is the pendulum hasn't swung back in the ensuing generations. We just keep taking Boomer parenting to greater and greater extremes.

The Republic Is Over.
    That would be leftist boomers. I have raised a great family and are proud of all of them. All of them are contributing members of society. One has her PhD, and is professor at a well known private University in Southern California. Our youngest is getting her Masters degree in Math. We avoided sending them to leftist k-12 government indoctrination centers which is the big problem.