Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Israeli doctor in Italy: We no longer help those over 60

13»

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020
    DJDuck said:

Tell us specifically “what has always existed” certainly Obamacare has not always existed. Please explain your comment.

People deciding who gets care and how much is not new anywhere on earth. And this is always what happens when there are not enough resources for everyone.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

Tell us specifically “what has always existed” certainly Obamacare has not always existed. Please explain your comment.

People deciding who gets care and how much is not new anywhere on earth. And this is always what happens when there are not enough resources for everyone.
    So why did Obama cock suckers like yourself freak out over Palin talking about death panels?

Because you're dishonest to your rotting core
  • Options

HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

So why did Obama cock suckers like yourself freak out over Palin talking about death panels?

I said then what I say now. I was practically begging to be appointed to Gasbag’s death panel.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

I said then what I say now. I was practically begging to be appointed to Gasbag’s death panel.
    And yet you never said a word against any of your leftist pals who claimed the entire "death panels" claim was a lie.

Shocking!!!
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

And yet you never said a word against any of your leftist pals who claimed the entire "death panels" claim was a lie.

Shocking!!!
    I expressed my opinion at the time, and more than once. I guess you wanted me to shriek it at someone, as you would have.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

Shocking!!!
    I expressed my opinion at the time, and more than once. I guess you wanted me to shriek it at someone, as you would have.
    Liar. You never once called out the people on your team that were attacking Palin and calling her a liar.

Do you have no fucking shame you lying piece of shit?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

Shocking!!!
    Liar. You never once called out the people on your team that were attacking Palin and calling her a liar.

When I expressed my own opinion, you couldn’t understand that it was different than the opinions of people you argued with apparently. That’s a you problem.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

Shocking!!!

When I expressed my own opinion, you couldn’t understand that it was different than the opinions of people you argued with apparently. That’s a you problem.
    Do you see what a mouthy little Kunt you're being right now O'Keefed? You never once did this with any of the dozens of leftist Kunts who claimed Palin was lying. Go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

DJDuck said:

Shocking!!!

Do you see what a mouthy little Kunt you're being right now O'Keefed? You never once did this with any of the dozens of leftist Kunts who claimed Palin was lying. Go fuck yourself.
    I’m not trying to make you cry. At least not a lot.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Triage. Not a new idea.

Triage isn't "everyone over 60 can die"

HTH
    Triage is allocating scarce resources based on the odds of survival. Sorry old boy. We all have to go sometime.

You guys are delusional if you don't think those same choices aren't about to be decided here.

To some degree, the US healthcare system needs to address this end of life stuff irregardless*. Horrific amount of resources are spent in the last days of life. We don't do death well in this country at all.

I spent some time yesterday chatting with my neighbor who is an ER doc (at an appropriate distance). His hospital isn't extremely stressed at this point but he has seen a rise in the 'sniffles' kind of patients. Fortunately, he also said the off-site testing facilities in the region have also probably sheltered them a bit otherwise he'd have expected a full-on blitz on the ER with every Tom, Dick and Harry with a cold. In this area, 93% of the people tested are coming back negative - which just means the symptoms are pretty similar to cold/flu season.

That led to our discussion of end of life philosophy in US medicine. He was pretty clinical and said once a person is into their mid-80's, if they are in the hospital, they are pretty well gonna die. He says the staff can predict with relative certainty on who is going to die the minute they walk in. From a personal standpoint, he is conflicted as far as providing treatment to prolong life at the family's wishes and what is actually best for the patient in terms of suffering.

Maybe the whole COVID thing will cause a thorough examination of our medical system, prioritization of needs and some other reforms/re-thinking that needs to take place. Maybe, just maybe, the sheeple will also wake the fuck up to the scam being perpetrated on them by their 'leaders' and vote them the fuck out.

WA State recovers umpteen millions per year in end-of-life Medicaid costs incurred by elderly dying patients by putting a Medicaid Lien on the deceased's primary residence. Obamacare boosted the State's rights and power to do so. So if you want your kids to get the house, you better start giving it away tax-free each year in your 50s and shelter the fuck out of your wealth.
    It's a really fucked system. So Junior wants to keep Mama alive for another two weeks while Coed Daughter with Daddy Issues in Pullman can finish finals, bone a few football players and have shots at the Coug before coming home to say goodbye to Nana. Meanwhile, Nana is choking in her own vomit and being intubated and fed through a tube with round the clock care. Good times with the morphine drip rocking 24/7.

Then the state funds all this shit and puts a lien on Junior's probable only inheritance asset from which he was hoping to sell and pay off boning daughters crushing student debt from her 6 years dicking ballers on the Palouse.

It's fucked up.

Always about CUOG co-eds with Daddy issues with the Throbber. Always.
    Right? Usually they’re from Bellevue though and the lost inheritance angle wouldn’t be in play.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,139
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Triage. Not a new idea.

Triage isn't "everyone over 60 can die"

HTH
    Triage is allocating scarce resources based on the odds of survival. Sorry old boy. We all have to go sometime.

You guys are delusional if you don't think those same choices aren't about to be decided here.

To some degree, the US healthcare system needs to address this end of life stuff irregardless*. Horrific amount of resources are spent in the last days of life. We don't do death well in this country at all.

I spent some time yesterday chatting with my neighbor who is an ER doc (at an appropriate distance). His hospital isn't extremely stressed at this point but he has seen a rise in the 'sniffles' kind of patients. Fortunately, he also said the off-site testing facilities in the region have also probably sheltered them a bit otherwise he'd have expected a full-on blitz on the ER with every Tom, Dick and Harry with a cold. In this area, 93% of the people tested are coming back negative - which just means the symptoms are pretty similar to cold/flu season.

That led to our discussion of end of life philosophy in US medicine. He was pretty clinical and said once a person is into their mid-80's, if they are in the hospital, they are pretty well gonna die. He says the staff can predict with relative certainty on who is going to die the minute they walk in. From a personal standpoint, he is conflicted as far as providing treatment to prolong life at the family's wishes and what is actually best for the patient in terms of suffering.

Maybe the whole COVID thing will cause a thorough examination of our medical system, prioritization of needs and some other reforms/re-thinking that needs to take place. Maybe, just maybe, the sheeple will also wake the fuck up to the scam being perpetrated on them by their 'leaders' and vote them the fuck out.

WA State recovers umpteen millions per year in end-of-life Medicaid costs incurred by elderly dying patients by putting a Medicaid Lien on the deceased's primary residence. Obamacare boosted the State's rights and power to do so. So if you want your kids to get the house, you better start giving it away tax-free each year in your 50s and shelter the fuck out of your wealth.
    It's a really fucked system. So Junior wants to keep Mama alive for another two weeks while Coed Daughter with Daddy Issues in Pullman can finish finals, bone a few football players and have shots at the Coug before coming home to say goodbye to Nana. Meanwhile, Nana is choking in her own vomit and being intubated and fed through a tube with round the clock care. Good times with the morphine drip rocking 24/7.

Then the state funds all this shit and puts a lien on Junior's probable only inheritance asset from which he was hoping to sell and pay off boning daughters crushing student debt from her 6 years dicking ballers on the Palouse.

It's fucked up.

Always about CUOG co-eds with Daddy issues with the Throbber. Always.
    A man's gotta know his limitations.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,079
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2020
    Lawyers are the most worthless group of humans ever assembled, aside from HR fags. @creepycoug excepted of course
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Lawyers are the most worthless group of humans ever assembled, aside from HR fags. @creepycoug excepted of course

You should have taken the plea deal. Don’t blame your lawyer.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,769
    HHusky said:

Swaye said:

You should have taken the plea deal. Don’t blame your lawyer.
    Figures the flunky coward lawyer would say that.