Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    The writer says Kirkland has moved to left tackle and says it like it’s a done deal. I know people speculated about the move but has it been reported anywhere else?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bainivalu was voted Lineman of the Game by the coaches against BSU.

Hopefully he can still put it all together when football starts up in 2024.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,357
    2024 will truly be special......when football returns.

3Pete!!!! Stacking off season natties like cord wood
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

I'd rather have these guys as 26 year old pandemic survivors than fresh faced kids just separated from mom's teat.
    potw
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

chuck said:

I'd rather have these guys as 26 year old pandemic survivors than fresh faced kids just separated from mom's teat.
    potw
    Rather easily.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

The writer says Kirkland has moved to left tackle and says it like it’s a done deal. I know people speculated about the move but has it been reported anywhere else?

I thought Kirkland was declaring for the draft? That was the consensus here 3 months ago anyway...
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,450
    But can he turn back?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    TommySQC said:

I thought Kirkland was declaring for the draft? That was the consensus here 3 months ago anyway...
    No it wasn't
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911

TommySQC said:

No it wasn't
    He really wanted to go in the draft but was talked out of it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited March 2020
    If Kirkland is playing LT, Mele probably starts at center. That’s a good thing. Get someone good at making the calls and keep him there. I don’t think Muruao starts. Maybe at some point. Curne plays RT and Fautanu is the first OL off the bench for tackle and takes over next year for Kirkland. Murao is first off the bench for the interior of he doesn’t redshirt.

I’m glad we aren’t following bullshit, cliche group think and don’t think Curne or Fautanu are too short to play tackle.

Pete’s quotes bode well that he thinks the young players are good. This is the year we see if Huff has to go. If we regress, he doesn’t have what it takes coaching wise.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

If Kirkland is playing LT, Mele probably starts at center. That’s a good thing. Get someone good at making the calls and keep him there. I don’t think Muruao starts. Maybe at some point. Curne plays RT and Fautanu is the first OL off the bench for tackle and takes over next year for Kirkland. Murao is first off the bench for the interior of he doesn’t redshirt.

I’m glad we aren’t following bullshit, cliche group think and don’t think Curne or Fautanu are too short to play tackle.

Pete’s quotes bode well that he thinks the young players are good. This is the year we see if Huff has to go. If we regress, he doesn’t have what it takes coaching wise.

The only reason I hope Fautanu plays guard is that he has such exceptional tools for it. I like to see guards out running around with the feet to chase down LB and secondary guys. He's that kind of athlete. It doesnt mean he couldn't be a great tackle though. Senio Kelemete, at 6'4" or less, was probably the best LT we've had in the post Lambright era and has gone on to have a fine career as an NFL guard.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Don’t worry doogs will use the Chinese virus as an excuse
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

Younever get tired of your one truck, do you pony? Feel free to stfu and dont forget to die too.
    ChuckHIV has always been our virus superiority guy, after all.
    You positive about that?
    I'm not just positive, I'm...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    chuck said:

FireCohen said:

Younever get tired of your one truck, do you pony? Feel free to stfu and dont forget to die too.
    Suck on my shit @chuck
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

Suck on my shit @chuck
    Thankfully Polio has been pretty much eradicated.