Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

With coronavirus, acts of kindness abound in US

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

Mrs. Throbber v2.0 made the comment yesterday: This crisis is bringing out the best in people and bringing out the worst in people at the same time.

There are some real fucks out there. Some massive pieces of shit working the angles and taking advantage at every opportunity.

There are some really great acts of kindness taking place and also service above and beyond normal job descriptions.

This time, I hope the fucks get fucked and the good folk get recognized for their efforts and commitment.

I damned near cried yesterday at the grocery store watching bunches of elderly people, struggling to get down the aisle, loading up on supplies - you could tell that wasn't their normal mode and they were fearful, standing the prescribed distance from one another. It was tragic.

Did you try to slip it in one of them?
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953

I think we should use this as an opportunity to blame fat people and turn obesity into a national health crisis. 2 airplane tickets. Ground floor of apartment complexes. Mandatory workouts.

Where's the petition? I'm all in on the two airplane tickets part.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

Mrs. Throbber v2.0 made the comment yesterday: This crisis is bringing out the best in people and bringing out the worst in people at the same time.

There are some real fucks out there. Some massive pieces of shit working the angles and taking advantage at every opportunity.

There are some really great acts of kindness taking place and also service above and beyond normal job descriptions.

This time, I hope the fucks get fucked and the good folk get recognized for their efforts and commitment.

I damned near cried yesterday at the grocery store watching bunches of elderly people, struggling to get down the aisle, loading up on supplies - you could tell that wasn't their normal mode and they were fearful, standing the prescribed distance from one another. It was tragic.

Did you try to slip it in one of them?
    Just the famous ones.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

I think we should use this as an opportunity to blame fat people and turn obesity into a national health crisis. 2 airplane tickets. Ground floor of apartment complexes. Mandatory workouts.

Edgelord confirmed.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Swaye said:

Edgelord confirmed.
    I heard this whale stomping around above me this morning. I hadnt yet had coffee or booze

Swaye said:

Edgelord confirmed.
    I heard this whale stomping around above me this morning. I hadnt yet had coffee or booze
    Fat girls need love too, Holmes
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I'm going to turn my neighbor in to the authorities

#StrongerTogether

Me too. For the good of the nation. Can’t be too careful.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    I don’t think there are many charities you can’t use the computer to donate from. Feel free to do so guys.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    If you can get groceries for an older family member or neighbor, do it.

Shopping for the FIL tonight. Already took his order. He got scolded by Mrs. Throbber v2.0 for ordering bad shit.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Shopping for the FIL tonight. Already took his order. He got scolded by Mrs. Throbber v2.0 for ordering bad shit.

I got my in-laws earlier this week. Added some extra steaks and beer to the list for my FIL.
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925

...the good folk get recognized for their efforts and commitment.

Good folk don't do good things for the recognition, they do it simply because they are good.

You've been brainwashed by the Trump leghumpers.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    Like the good counselor begging for jail so he has to pay more taxes. That type of leftard Slo Joe leg humper?
    edited March 2020

...the good folk get recognized for their efforts and commitment.

Good folk don't do good things for the recognition, they do it simply because they are good.

You've been brainwashed by the Trump leghumpers.
    Standard prog move. Sampling sound bits without the context. I never said or implied what you wrote. Is the Dazzler helping you post now?

Fuck off.

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

Like the good counselor begging for jail so he has to pay more taxes. That type of leftard Slo Joe leg humper?

In English?
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    Let's see. You think you should have to pay more taxes. But you refuse to do so voluntarily, because you care so much. You want a law that makes you pay more taxes before you will do so. Under the law, you can go to jail for tax evasion if you don't. Hope that clears that up for you. I pity your clients.