Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band from Texas (Netflix)

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I've found that ZZ Top's greatest hits are a multi-generational crowd pleaser. Many will love it, some will toleratmme, none will hate.

Along with CCR, I’ve always thought they sucked.
    JFC Roadie.
    @RoadDawg55 ’s hatred of our? music is well known.
    Not really true. I like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, the Beatles (some), Rolling Stones, some Dylan, Neil Young, David Bowie, the Eagles (some) and many others that fit into old white men music.

You guys sometimes grate on me because you are 40-60 white dudes who basically follow the 40-60 white guy code. Scotch, beer, guns, every popular 70’s rock band, war buffs, couldn’t name a rock band from 2010 on... The 40-60 year old white dude starter pack.

Still love you guys. BFF, ttyl 😘😘😘.
    Hurtful. Really hurtful. I have lots of vinyl from post 2010 rock groups.
    Good chit Yeller. What bands are in that collection?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I've found that ZZ Top's greatest hits are a multi-generational crowd pleaser. Many will love it, some will toleratmme, none will hate.

JFC Roadie.
    Not really true. I like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, the Beatles (some), Rolling Stones, some Dylan, Neil Young, David Bowie, the Eagles (some) and many others that fit into old white men music.

You guys sometimes grate on me because you are 40-60 white dudes who basically follow the 40-60 white guy code. Scotch, beer, guns, every popular 70’s rock band, war buffs, couldn’t name a rock band from 2010 on... The 40-60 year old white dude starter pack.

Hurtful. Really hurtful. I have lots of vinyl from post 2010 rock groups.
    Good chit Yeller. What bands are in that collection?
    Let me think up the appropriate thread.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,006
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

JFC Roadie.

Well let's see here... I don't drink scotch, I don't drink beer, I don't own a gun but am planning to go with Baze to the firing range sometime this spring or summer and buy one. I'm not that much into 1970s rock bands, I have read several books about World War II but wouldn't call myself a war buff, and yes I would struggle to name more than a couple rock bands from 2010-on. As I said once before, one of my guilty pleasures is that I really enjoy listening to Rozes. I'm shocked she's not more popular but it's probably because she's not super attractive. But I love her stuff.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Holy shit....something I did not know. The gal in the pic above is Jeana Tomasino - who later married MLB pitcher Matt Keogh and became one of the original Real Housewives of Orange County.

She has quite the "portfolio". Bing image search with safe filters off. November 1980 Playboy Playmate.

I believe my cousin, who once upon a time was a finalist for the Raiderettes, dated Matt Keogh once upon a time. I will need to ask her to make sure.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,846
    <

Holy shit....something I did not know. The gal in the pic above is Jeana Tomasino - who later married MLB pitcher Matt Keogh and became one of the original Real Housewives of Orange County.

She has quite the "portfolio". Bing image search with safe filters off. November 1980 Playboy Playmate.

I believe my cousin, who once upon a time was a finalist for the Raiderettes, dated Matt Keogh once upon a time. I will need to ask her to make sure.
    Can't flag a moderator's post is one of the tragedy's of our times....

YKW
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

JFC Roadie.

Well let's see here... I don't drink scotch, I don't drink beer, I don't own a gun but am planning to go with Baze to the firing range sometime this spring or summer and buy one. I'm not that much into 1970s rock bands, I have read several books about World War II but wouldn't call myself a war buff, and yes I would struggle to name more than a couple rock bands from 2010-on. As I said once before, one of my guilty pleasures is that I really enjoy listening to Rozes. I'm shocked she's not more popular but it's probably because she's not super attractive. But I love her stuff.
    I had to look up Rozes. I have heard her song “Roses” with the Chainsmokers a few times. I’m not a big EDM fan, but it’s a good pop song.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2020

I've found that ZZ Top's greatest hits are a multi-generational crowd pleaser. Many will love it, some will tolerate, none will hate.

I can't think of any other band - besides maybe Aerosmith - where I love the early to mid 70s body of work but hate their 80s phase. The Best of ZZ Top which covers everything from the 1st four albums is flawless. But mang do I loathe 80s ZZ Top.

They were just way cooler wearing nudie suits and before the old testament beards...

Sleeping Bag is the demarcation. If your impugning Sharp Dressed Man, gtfo. Other than that, agree.
    Makes ZERO sense....If yer bashing ZZ and sharped dressed is FS...dot.com

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My brother wasted his money on some "meet the band" tickets with ZZ Top. Long story short...those guys are tiny. Only Billy is not a midget.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    alumni94 said:

My brother wasted his money on some "meet the band" tickets with ZZ Top. Long story short...those guys are tiny. Only Billy is not a midget.

Lots of great musicians are. Angus is barely visible from over 50 feet away.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

alumni94 said:

Actors are tiny. I would always be shocked seeing them in person sometimes in LA. Most of them were really small.
    Captain Kirk had a box to stand on, on the bridge

Jack Nicklaus is another guy that looked tall on TV but wasn't. Neither is Tiger
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,916
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

dflea said:

alumni94 said:

Actors are tiny. I would always be shocked seeing them in person sometimes in LA. Most of them were really small.
    Captain Kirk had a box to stand on, on the bridge

Jack Nicklaus is another guy that looked tall on TV but wasn't. Neither is Tiger
    The best actors are tall. Everyone knows that.

• Options
    Founders Club

I texted my cousin Maureen last night. She said she never met Matt Keogh, she had dated MLB pitcher Charlie Kerfeld. She said he was her first boyfriend.