Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band from Texas (Netflix)

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Really enjoyable documentary, and three very likable guys

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks DJ I’ll check it out. Love the ZedZed
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club

Thanks DJ I’ll check it out. Love the ZedZed

I promise you will love it
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I've found that ZZ Top's greatest hits are a multi-generational crowd pleaser. Many will love it, some will tolerate, none will hate.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've found that ZZ Top's greatest hits are a multi-generational crowd pleaser. Many will love it, some will tolerate, none will hate.

I can't think of any other band - besides maybe Aerosmith - where I love the early to mid 70s body of work but hate their 80s phase. The Best of ZZ Top which covers everything from the 1st four albums is flawless. But mang do I loathe 80s ZZ Top.

They were just way cooler wearing nudie suits and before the old testament beards...

• Options
    Standard Supporter

I can't think of any other band - besides maybe Aerosmith - where I love the early to mid 70s body of work but hate their 80s phase. The Best of ZZ Top which covers everything from the 1st four albums is flawless. But mang do I loathe 80s ZZ Top.

They were just way cooler wearing nudie suits and before the old testament beards...

Sleeping Bag is the demarcation. If your impugning Sharp Dressed Man, gtfo. Other than that, agree.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sleeping Bag is the demarcation. If your impugning Sharp Dressed Man, gtfo. Other than that, agree.
    I am impugning Eliminator. Deguello was the end of me liking their sounds.

Don't get me wrong, IFL synthesizers, but not on ZZ top.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

Women go crazy? Staff??
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Along with CCR, I’ve always thought they sucked.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

JFC Roadie.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

JFC Roadie.
    @RoadDawg55 ’s hatred of our? music is well known.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

JFC Roadie.
    Yes some of *them? never fully integrate into our? culture
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

I've found that ZZ Top's greatest hits are a multi-generational crowd pleaser. Many will love it, some will toleratmme, none will hate.

JFC Roadie.
    Not really true. I like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, the Beatles (some), Rolling Stones, some Dylan, Neil Young, David Bowie, the Eagles (some) and many others that fit into old white men music.

You guys sometimes grate on me because you are 40-60 white dudes who basically follow the 40-60 white guy code. Scotch, beer, guns, every popular 70’s rock band, war buffs, couldn’t name a rock band from 2010 on... The 40-60 year old white dude starter pack.

Still love you guys. BFF, ttyl 😘😘😘.
    Fuck off

I love GLocks & The Weeknd.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I've found that ZZ Top's greatest hits are a multi-generational crowd pleaser. Many will love it, some will toleratmme, none will hate.

JFC Roadie.
    Not really true. I like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, the Beatles (some), Rolling Stones, some Dylan, Neil Young, David Bowie, the Eagles (some) and many others that fit into old white men music.

You guys sometimes grate on me because you are 40-60 white dudes who basically follow the 40-60 white guy code. Scotch, beer, guns, every popular 70’s rock band, war buffs, couldn’t name a rock band from 2010 on... The 40-60 year old white dude starter pack.

Fuck off.

Sorry dude I like what I like. Can I ask that you please refrain from insulting me for it, turn the other cheek, and allow me to talk shit about you for your taste?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

JFC Roadie.

Hurtful. Really hurtful. I have lots of vinyl from post 2010 rock groups.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Burned a few Amps and blew a few tweeters and woofers to ZZ back in the day, especially from Eliminator.

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

chuck said:

JFC Roadie.

You’ll be there in the same position roadie not too far off with the generation behind you talking the same shit. Hopefully.

As my great uncle use to say, “where you are, I have been. Where I am, you SOON shall be.”