Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who is more at fault?

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board

Who is more at fault? 18 votes

Sark
50%
DerekJohnsonTierbsHsotBoobsHouhuskyPurpleBazeRoadDawg55NeGgaPlEaSeCSEDawgDude61iamthebagman 9 votes
Tosh
33%
Mad_SonPassionCuntWaffle[Deleted User]dncdroggins 6 votes
Basham
11%
PurpleJORRegisteredOffender 2 votes
Mike Davis (Basham's throwing coach, who allegedly received the money from Tosh)
5%
AtomicDawg 1 vote

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Tosh
    I don't like to completely excuse kids in situations like this, and Basham is old enough to know better. But I also know that Basham comes from a shitty home. Any positive guidance he has received has come from coaches, teachers, counselors, etc.

And then a coach that has had a BIG influence on him (Davis), consents to taking money. Kid has been surrounded by some awful role models.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    The field:

I blame you Passion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    The field:

Mark Emmert and the NCAA.
  • Basham
    I like to blame the kids when I can't take the field.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Tosh

The field:

Mark Emmert and the NCAA.

All 4 deserve some blame, but the question is who is most at fault. I gotta go with our "ace recruiter."
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    Tosh
    1) Tosh - he did it
    2) Davis - he was the other adult in the situation and should have said no
    3) Sark - he should be able to ensure violations don't occur... if you don't want them to...
    4) Basham - the kid is dumb but he should understand the repercussions. Regardless he at least got educational benefit from it
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,310
    edited December 2013
    Invalid pole w/o the field.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited December 2013
    Passion said:

I don't like to completely excuse kids in situations like this, and Basham is old enough to know better. But I also know that Basham comes from a shitty home. Any positive guidance he has received has come from coaches, teachers, counselors, etc.

And then a coach that has had a BIG influence on him (Davis), consents to taking money. Kid has been surrounded by some awful role models.

You don't like to excuse kids in this situation....
    But it's hard to expect people in shitty homes to do the right thing.... they get a lower standard... awesome/
  • Tosh

Passion said:

You don't like to excuse kids in this situation....
    But it's hard to expect people in shitty homes to do the right thing.... they get a lower standard... awesome/
    I'm hearing making people show ID at the polls is racist.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter
    Mike Davis (Basham's throwing coach, who allegedly received the money from Tosh)
    I don't know what the motive for Davis is. He is smearing basham inadvertently and making this a bigger deal than it needs to be.

Is he really going to feel better if tosh or uw get in trouble. This has revenge written all over it but not sure why.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013
    Institutional racism
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,121 Founders Club
    Basham
    Where is the option for Kaplan Test Prep?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I think there are some people out there who just don't like cheaters. They'll put with a little, but there is a breaking point -- somebody reached it. If this is like most institutional cheating, they will try to pin blame on a fall guy but it is most likely a widespread and endemic problem.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,875 Founders Club
    Sark
    Mmmmmmmmkay, I'm not seeing a George Bush option here.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,875 Founders Club
    Sark
    Sark made the hire and set the tone. And the tone he set for UW athletics was dancing on the sidelines and in his words, "playing fast and loose."