Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious Question

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020

I don't even want to get into the politics debate of all of this. This is so fucking crazy. Outside of 9/11, weirdest shit I've lived through.

I bet you dont want to get into the politics of this because it's mostly your team and the MSM that has blown this up 500 times out of proportion. Sounds like a lot of people are just gonna lie back and take it. Not this Cat. I will go where I want, when I want.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

I don't even want to get into the politics debate of all of this. This is so fucking crazy. Outside of 9/11, weirdest shit I've lived through.

I bet you dont want to get into the politics of this because it's mostly your team and the MSM that has blown this up 500 times out of proportion. Sounds like a lot of people are just gonna lie back and take it. Not this Cat. I will go where I want, when I want.
    Cool dood, you're tuff!
  • Options

salemcoog said:

Cool dood, you're tuff!
    You're Charmin.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Cool dood, you're tuff!
    You're Charmin.
    Scared boomers are trying to hoard me?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

As far as domestic legal measures go, I'd say this has been more extreme than immediate aftermath of 9/11. Weº had severe but narrow restrictions on air travel, and that was about it.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

As far as domestic legal measures go, I'd say this has been more extreme than immediate aftermath of 9/11. Weº had severe but narrow restrictions on air travel, and that was about it.
    And they stopped people from "protesting" at the world trade center site. Wasn't much.
  • Options

Planes couldn't fly for 3 days and then there was a slow ramp up period to where they were fully functional within a week.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah, 9/11 was bad, but this is way worse IMO.

I think we’ll all get through this, but I’m pretty appalled at how people have reacted...and I include myself.

Silver lining is I think we all are identifying where the holes are in our boats and can hopefully plug them up.
    1) Vote all the rascals out. All of them.

2) Fire half the government workers and make them re-apply for their jobs in open competition.

3) Ban all public employee unions.

I once got in a heated argument with an idiot co-worker (she was Duck BTW) about whether the Seattle Education Association was professional "association" or a "union". She tried to argue that they were a professional association vs a union. Christ.

I implied they call themselves an association to fool dumbs like you. If there is collective bargaining, it's a union.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think we’ll all get through this, but I’m pretty appalled at how people have reacted...and I include myself.

Silver lining is I think we all are identifying where the holes are in our boats and can hopefully plug them up.

2) Fire half the government workers and make them re-apply for their jobs in open competition.

I once got in a heated argument with an idiot co-worker (she was Duck BTW) about whether the Seattle Education Association was professional "association" or a "union". She tried to argue that they were a professional association vs a union. Christ.

I implied they call themselves an association to fool dumbs like you. If there is collective bargaining, it's a union.
    The Throbber's two dads were members of a 'professional association' called the SEA and WEA. The professionals held one another accountable, and I can very clearly remember them running less-than-competent teachers out of their building. Literally shamed them into GTFO because they had pride in their profession and work.

The goons that run those two groups are anything but professional. They are Hoffa-esque.

Fuck those guys.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Throbber's two dads were members of a 'professional association' called the SEA and WEA. The professionals held one another accountable, and I can very clearly remember them running less-than-competent teachers out of their building. Literally shamed them into GTFO because they had pride in their profession and work.

The goons that run those two groups are anything but professional. They are Hoffa-esque.

Fuck those guys.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Your takes on this subject are spot on
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Postal91 said:

Has anyone else heard this rumor from friends who supposedly have contact with military personnel that the Pres. is going to invoke the Stafford Act to quarantine the entire country for some period of time?

Any legs to this thing?

Sounds like that was some major fake news. He would play right into the hands of the nanny-state loving democrats. We are already well beyond any point we should have been and the democrats are circle jerking the fuck out of each other to see who can outdo the other with lock downs.
    Yeah, the question wasn't meant to generate yet another fake news, rats, conspiracy deep state thread. At this point, if Krisvashon herself had the right answer to this problem, I'd be all ears.

For now, I just want to get some intel, if there's any to be gotten, on what might be coming. I want to get a sense if there's any real possibility of me having to do something uncomfortable to deal with my kids 3,000 miles away from here. The politics is a secondary issue at this point, unless you or someone can show me that this is all a liberal hoax.
    Early to mid-April all this will go away and everything will be heading back to normal, albeit with a stock market that has temporarily crashed and some helicopter money for the masses. We aren’t going to run out of food and it’s not going to continue through the summer.

Will be a wild next couple of weeks though mainly due to the fact that life won’t be normal with kids at home and a ton of people working from home and not eating out/etc. Feel worst for the waiters/waitresses...they will be hardest hit.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Has anyone else heard this rumor from friends who supposedly have contact with military personnel that the Pres. is going to invoke the Stafford Act to quarantine the entire country for some period of time?

Any legs to this thing?

Yes, I heard aspects of what you're reporting. I also heard a domestic travel ban is likely coming.