Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thomas Ford to UW?

13»

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Baseman said:

Emoterman said:

TommySQC said:

Emoterman said:

I love nepotism and croneyism when the access you're bought is as valuable as FSP. I hope this successfully turns Tracy's eyes to us and away from Joey Thomas. How bad can he be? If it was even remotely close between him and another candidate for the analyst position, this is a no brainier.

It's a real bummer that everything is shut down and we can't see the results, Jimmy looks like he's willing to pull out more stops than we've seen at UW in a long time.

remember when they hire Steve Gervais?
    I thought about him before I made my post, but then I remembered that Gervais was gifted a REAL coaching position to get ONE player, and if course that worked out real well.

This dude is a glorified GA that could possibly get us the inside track with a never ending supply of elite players who look to Tracy to help them GET PAID. If we can even marginally substantiate that we get our players paid, I reckon they'd at least listen to us.
    Gervais was a genius --one of the brightest offensive minds ever in the state-- who hitched his cart to the wrong wagon. It cost him. Big time.
    Gerv is a good guy
    Everybody says so?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Emoterman said:

Roast me, but... perception is reality. If this stuff helps build a stronger bridge to the black community in this state, and hopefully elsewhere, I count that as a good thing.

Like I said, I've been to this movie before; and I know how it ends.

When Randy Shannon was hired, I was excited. He had been a celebrated D coordinator (something Jimmy has not done, yet, btw) and promised to repair relationships with several Miami-area high schools that the previous admin. had allegedly damaged. Nevermind that Miami high school football is replete with retarded lolly-pop sucking retards who think they're brilliant coaches and have egos to match when in reality they just have tons of talent fall into their laps.

He hired people under made-up titles like "Director of Community Relations" and "Director of Football Operations", including ex-high school coaches. Fuck he hired one guy pretty much to get his kid ... one player who turned out to be a serviceable starter and not much else ... and to cement a relationship with Booker T Washington, a very stable source of great talent, but alas, one fucking high school program. Tim Harris, former head coach at BTW and father of a corner whose first name I can't even remember.

This is a nice move if everything else is in place. It's a nothing move if it's not.

Programs, results on the field, culture and coaches are what attracts kids. Not some fucking guy. You'll get a handful of kids that way, but it doesn't mean shit.
    You’ve always been a huge doog when it comes to Miami. Not surprised you liked the Shannon hire.
    Let me tell you this Mr. Corona Virus, at the time Shannon was a sought-after and relatively successful defensive coordinator. He resume was better than Jimmy's is today.

All I'm saying is that I've seen this "sell black ... bring in local influential high school guy" before, and it doesn't move the needle.

LIPO. I have all the screen shots I need.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020

Emoterman said:

Roast me, but... perception is reality. If this stuff helps build a stronger bridge to the black community in this state, and hopefully elsewhere, I count that as a good thing.

When Randy Shannon was hired, I was excited. He had been a celebrated D coordinator (something Jimmy has not done, yet, btw) and promised to repair relationships with several Miami-area high schools that the previous admin. had allegedly damaged. Nevermind that Miami high school football is replete with retarded lolly-pop sucking retards who think they're brilliant coaches and have egos to match when in reality they just have tons of talent fall into their laps.

He hired people under made-up titles like "Director of Community Relations" and "Director of Football Operations", including ex-high school coaches. Fuck he hired one guy pretty much to get his kid ... one player who turned out to be a serviceable starter and not much else ... and to cement a relationship with Booker T Washington, a very stable source of great talent, but alas, one fucking high school program. Tim Harris, former head coach at BTW and father of a corner whose first name I can't even remember.

This is a nice move if everything else is in place. It's a nothing move if it's not.

Programs, results on the field, culture and coaches are what attracts kids. Not some fucking guy. You'll get a handful of kids that way, but it doesn't mean shit.
    You’ve always been a huge doog when it comes to Miami. Not surprised you liked the Shannon hire.
    Let me tell you this Mr. Corona Virus, at the time Shannon was a sought-after and relatively successful defensive coordinator. He resume was better than Jimmy's is today.

All I'm saying is that I've seen this "sell black ... bring in local influential high school guy" before, and it doesn't move the needle.

Why you go all Miami fagout, Creep? Can't we just enjoy the moment?

And do you realize that "Miami" doesn't make the Millennials think of the 'canes or the Vice?

When a Millennial hears "Miami" ze/zir thinks "Birdcage."
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,022
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Best hire he's made so far...also the least important position.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2020

Emoterman said:

No it wasn’t. He was DC as Miami was falling offs instead of reviving the program with an outsider, you hired from within. UW had one bad season. Defense was still pretty good. Quite a difference there Creepo.

Btw, I think Lake will do worse than Pete.
    Wrong my brudda.

That resume blows Jimmy Lake Shitballz outta the water. His one year as D coordinator was luke warm. You know it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:

No it wasn’t. He was DC as Miami was falling offs instead of reviving the program with an outsider, you hired from within. UW had one bad season. Defense was still pretty good. Quite a difference there Creepo.

Btw, I think Lake will do worse than Pete.
    Wrong my brudda.

That resume blows Jimmy Lake Shitballz outta the water. His one year as D coordinator was luke warm. You know it.
    I wouldn’t say outta the water because the talent level for Miami was incredibly high, but I stand corrected.

That said, hiring from within when the old coach gets fired is always a bad move. You basically did with Richt (he resigned but still) and Diaz.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Finally someone with some experience in northern toughness. Expect faster line changes and fighting encouraged. Sophomores can drink now to.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,054
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Finally someone with some experience in northern toughness. Expect faster line changes and fighting encouraged. Sophomores can drink now to.

Didn’t your dictator forbid you from crossing into US territory?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,054
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

@dirtysouwfdawg into the dirty souwf?

If you so choose.