Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thomas Ford to UW?

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Isn't this the position Tedford was in for us in 2016?

Is he the real OC now?
    No it's similar to the role Bush was in before he became the WR coach
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Is he the real OC now?
    Wonderful
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,505
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Is he the real OC now?
    Ok, so he won't be the real OC now, but he will be in 3 years
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Emoterman said:

I love nepotism and croneyism when the access you're bought is as valuable as FSP. I hope this successfully turns Tracy's eyes to us and away from Joey Thomas. How bad can he be? If it was even remotely close between him and another candidate for the analyst position, this is a no brainier.

It's a real bummer that everything is shut down and we can't see the results, Jimmy looks like he's willing to pull out more stops than we've seen at UW in a long time.

Miami has hired many guysms under this pretense. It’s never meant shit.

HC. Everything else is a detail.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Because I have nothing better to do right now than post tweets

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Emoterman said:

I love nepotism and croneyism when the access you're bought is as valuable as FSP. I hope this successfully turns Tracy's eyes to us and away from Joey Thomas. How bad can he be? If it was even remotely close between him and another candidate for the analyst position, this is a no brainier.

It's a real bummer that everything is shut down and we can't see the results, Jimmy looks like he's willing to pull out more stops than we've seen at UW in a long time.

remember when they hire Steve Gervais?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

Emoterman said:

I thought about him before I made my post, but then I remembered that Gervais was gifted a REAL coaching position to get ONE player, and if course that worked out real well.

This dude is a glorified GA that could possibly get us the inside track with a never ending supply of elite players who look to Tracy to help them GET PAID. If we can even marginally substantiate that we get our players paid, I reckon they'd at least listen to us.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Emoterman said:

TommySQC said:

Emoterman said:

I thought about him before I made my post, but then I remembered that Gervais was gifted a REAL coaching position to get ONE player, and if course that worked out real well.

This dude is a glorified GA that could possibly get us the inside track with a never ending supply of elite players who look to Tracy to help them GET PAID. If we can even marginally substantiate that we get our players paid, I reckon they'd at least listen to us.
    Gervais was a genius --one of the brightest offensive minds ever in the state-- who hitched his cart to the wrong wagon. It cost him. Big time.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    Baseman said:

Emoterman said:

TommySQC said:

Emoterman said:

Gervais was a genius --one of the brightest offensive minds ever in the state-- who hitched his cart to the wrong wagon. It cost him. Big time.
    Gerv is a good guy
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tom Ford. I like that. Pretty sure the "black community in the state" likes that stuff too.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

Roast me, but... perception is reality. If this stuff helps build a stronger bridge to the black community in this state, and hopefully elsewhere, I count that as a good thing.

And having a black head coach does not?? I think we already have that bridge right now. We need that pipeline to Tracy because that SOB trains all the good local kids
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Emoterman said:

Roast me, but... perception is reality. If this stuff helps build a stronger bridge to the black community in this state, and hopefully elsewhere, I count that as a good thing.

Like I said, I've been to this movie before; and I know how it ends.

When Randy Shannon was hired, I was excited. He had been a celebrated D coordinator (something Jimmy has not done, yet, btw) and promised to repair relationships with several Miami-area high schools that the previous admin. had allegedly damaged. Nevermind that Miami high school football is replete with retarded lolly-pop sucking retards who think they're brilliant coaches and have egos to match when in reality they just have tons of talent fall into their laps.

He hired people under made-up titles like "Director of Community Relations" and "Director of Football Operations", including ex-high school coaches. Fuck he hired one guy pretty much to get his kid ... one player who turned out to be a serviceable starter and not much else ... and to cement a relationship with Booker T Washington, a very stable source of great talent, but alas, one fucking high school program. Tim Harris, former head coach at BTW and father of a corner whose first name I can't even remember.

This is a nice move if everything else is in place. It's a nothing move if it's not.

Programs, results on the field, culture and coaches are what attracts kids. Not some fucking guy. You'll get a handful of kids that way, but it doesn't mean shit.
  • Options

Emoterman said:

Like I said, I've been to this movie before; and I know how it ends.

When Randy Shannon was hired, I was excited. He had been a celebrated D coordinator (something Jimmy has not done, yet, btw) and promised to repair relationships with several Miami-area high schools that the previous admin. had allegedly damaged. Nevermind that Miami high school football is replete with retarded lolly-pop sucking retards who think they're brilliant coaches and have egos to match when in reality they just have tons of talent fall into their laps.

He hired people under made-up titles like "Director of Community Relations" and "Director of Football Operations", including ex-high school coaches. Fuck he hired one guy pretty much to get his kid ... one player who turned out to be a serviceable starter and not much else ... and to cement a relationship with Booker T Washington, a very stable source of great talent, but alas, one fucking high school program. Tim Harris, former head coach at BTW and father of a corner whose first name I can't even remember.

This is a nice move if everything else is in place. It's a nothing move if it's not.

Programs, results on the field, culture and coaches are what attracts kids. Not some fucking guy. You'll get a handful of kids that way, but it doesn't mean shit.
    Fuck yous too.