Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rudy Gobert places couch under Quarantine

GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 432
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited March 2020 in Payton's Place

NBA season suspended.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Just cancel all the sports so people can have a week of outrage and move one with their lives. NCAA tournament is going to be cancelled next. All it takes is one player out of a thousand or more participating to get it, let alone the non-tourney teams they also faced in the past 10 days.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PGA tour playing as scheduled

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember when the Mailman didn't want to deliver to Magic after the AIDS hit
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I remember when the Mailman didn't want to deliver to Magic after the AIDS hit

Karl was the hero we deserved
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    People getting all indignant about Rudy touching things realize these guys practice together nearly every day? No shit the whole team is getting infected. Whether or not Rudy is touching microphones.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

People getting all indignant about Rudy touching things realize these guys practice together nearly every day? No shit the whole team is getting infected. Whether or not Rudy is touching microphones.

The media and mass hysteria needs a fall guy. Nothing to see here.

Gobert supposedly felt fine and was willing to play. I can’t keep up with all the information, but this seems like a common flu that’s slightly more lethal if you’re old as fuck or have a shit load of other health problems. I read online that the mortality percentage is really inflated because so many people infected didn’t even go to the doctor.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rudy inspired me to cough on all the Charmin hoarders at Walmart
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781

Rudy inspired me to cough on all the Charmin hoarders at Walmart

POTD.

I laffed like a hyena.

Fuck those guys.

• Options

Gobert supposedly felt fine and was willing to play. I can’t keep up with all the information, but this seems like a common flu that’s slightly more lethal if you’re old as fuck or have a shit load of other health problems. I read online that the mortality percentage is really inflated because so many people infected didn’t even go to the doctor.
    Mostly accurate but a lot more lethal especially for olds. Posters on this site shouldn’t be concerned for themselves since they never leave the basement but should distance themselves from whatever few social interactions they have for the sake of their Dads and Granddaddies.

I don’t think any NBA players will fall seriously ill but the risk is that a team traveling from city to city and going out and sexing up hos has perfect potential to become a “super spreader” situation and the nba doesn’t want that press.

Not to mention why pay the players to play with no gate and concession sales.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mostly accurate but a lot more lethal especially for olds. Posters on this site shouldn’t be concerned for themselves since they never leave the basement but should distance themselves from whatever few social interactions they have for the sake of their Dads and Granddaddies.

I don’t think any NBA players will fall seriously ill but the risk is that a team traveling from city to city and going out and sexing up hos has perfect potential to become a “super spreader” situation and the nba doesn’t want that press.

I laughed

I like the NBA a lot and always have but if ever a league can survive with less games its the NBA

I'm ready for the playoffs and so are the players. Yet there were 20 more games or so to slog through

The strike year of 99 they played a 50 game sprint
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I laughed

I like the NBA a lot and always have but if ever a league can survive with less games its the NBA

I'm ready for the playoffs and so are the players. Yet there were 20 more games or so to slog through

Why do you hate the MLB. J/k, everyone hates it because it’s boring and sucks, but 162 games makes it unbearable. They should cut 30-40 games the playoffs should be in August right before football starts.
  • Options

I laughed

Why do you hate the MLB. J/k, everyone hates it because it’s boring and sucks, but 162 games makes it unbearable. They should cut 30-40 games the playoffs should be in August right before football starts.
    Baseball the better team is generally a 55%-65% favorite unless an elite pitcher is going at home.

NBA the best teams are regularly 75-80%+ favorites.

You need a longer season in baseball to separate the wheat from the chaff. A three game series is more akin to a single NBA or NHL game.

Of course then they ruin all that with the crapshoot of an expanded playoff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I laughed

Baseball the better team is generally a 55%-65% favorite unless an elite pitcher is going at home.

NBA the best teams are regularly 75-80%+ favorites.

You need a longer season in baseball to separate the wheat from the chaff. A three game series is more akin to a single NBA or NHL game.

Of course then they ruin all that with the crapshoot of an expanded playoff.
    I get what you’re saying, but I think a 130 game season would be fine.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The point about the expanded playoffs ruining the regular season is a good one.

The NFL is itching to expand their playoffs too. Did KC really need to beat someone else last year to show they were the best? Then you add in injuries and the expanded regular season and it is even more a war of attrition instead of who is best