Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rudy Gobert places couch under Quarantine

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The point about the expanded playoffs ruining the regular season is a good one.

The NFL is itching to expand their playoffs too. Did KC really need to beat someone else last year to show they were the best? Then you add in injuries and the expanded regular season and it is even more a war of attrition instead of who is best

It already is mostly a war of attrition. You get a highly paid player or two injured and out and you’re fucked. Pats always were when Gronk was out. Any QB out and it’s over. Tons of other examples.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess Foles did come in as a back up and win a Super Bowl, but he was a former pretty good starter. Most times a team would be fucked. Green Bay is horrible without a Rogers. I don’t even want to think how bad the Seahawks would be without Russ. Even the 49ers sucked without Garoppolo, although their internal improvement probably played a larger role in their success than Garoppolo.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The NFL is itching to expand their playoffs too. Did KC really need to beat someone else last year to show they were the best? Then you add in injuries and the expanded regular season and it is even more a war of attrition instead of who is best

I am absolutely disgusted at the NFL wanting to expand their season and playoffs. It will destroy the game. So damn greedy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

I am absolutely disgusted at the NFL wanting to expand their season and playoffs. It will destroy the game. So damn greedy.
    Preseason is too extended as is. I absolutely hate that there are fans (12’s) dumb enough to get excited and care about preseason results. The expanded playoff is stupid. 17 games is fine tho.