Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

And thus, (probably) ends the Huskies season...

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

Old school without a doubt is the Pride of Roosevelt, James Edwards

Brandon Roy was the best player in the nation his senior year. I don't know how anyone could pick against that.

I never saw Edwards until he was mostly washed in the league but I hate Garfield and Roosevelt equally (if for different reasons) but if I can love Roy I can love him too.
    I sometimes wonder if other Seattle kids hate Garfield or Roosevelt more. As a Rough Rider, I feel like I understand some of the reasons. I'm just glad they never succumbed to pressure to change the mascot to something stupid like Earthquakers.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

B-Roy is the UW GOAT and it ain't even close.

We'll agree to disagree on that.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

Brandon Roy was the best player in the nation his senior year. I don't know how anyone could pick against that.

I never saw Edwards until he was mostly washed in the league but I hate Garfield and Roosevelt equally (if for different reasons) but if I can love Roy I can love him too.
    I sometimes wonder if other Seattle kids hate Garfield or Roosevelt more. As a Rough Rider, I feel like I understand some of the reasons. I'm just glad they never succumbed to pressure to change the mascot to something stupid like Earthquakers.
    The gays are huge Rough Rider fans.

That mascot is safe.

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

The gays are huge Rough Rider fans.

That mascot is safe.

Those Rough Rider condoms saved lives! When we played Olympic High Trojans in football we referred to it as the condom bowl. Port Angeles had that game every year.
  • WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He’s your favorite player over Brandon Roy, Brockman, IT, Q-Pon, Nate Rob, Thubulle...gtfo bro

While I loved those guys, Roy especially, as he was really the first superstar the Huskies had when I began following them, being from the East Coast of Canada I would get to see maybe a handful of Husky games a year, and that's only when they were actually good. Years when they were bad, i'd sometimes never get to see them at all.
    Thanks to reddit streaming, it's been much easier to actually watch the games over the last few seasons, so ya, there probably is a bit of a recency bias there.

He’s your favorite player over Brandon Roy, Brockman, IT, Q-Pon, Nate Rob, Thubulle...gtfo bro

While I loved those guys, Roy especially, as he was really the first superstar the Huskies had when I began following them, being from the East Coast of Canada I would get to see maybe a handful of Husky games a year, and that's only when they were actually good. Years when they were bad, i'd sometimes never get to see them at all.
    Thanks to reddit streaming, it's been much easier to actually watch the games now, so ya, there probably is a bit of a recency

Thanks to reddit streaming, it's been much easier to actually watch the games over the last few seasons, so ya, there probably is a bit of a recency bias there.

Thanks to reddit streaming, it's been much easier to actually watch the games now, so ya, there probably is a bit of a recency
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Bien que j'aimais ces gars-là, Roy en particulier, car il était vraiment la première superstar des Huskies quand j'ai commencé à les suivre, étant de la côte Est du Canada, j'allais voir peut-être une poignée de jeux Husky par an, et ce n'est que lorsque ils étaient vraiment bons. Des années où ils étaient mauvais, je ne les voyais parfois pas du tout.
    Grâce au streaming reddit, il a été beaucoup plus facile de regarder les jeux au cours des dernières saisons, alors oui, il y a probablement un peu de biais de récence.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

The important thing is nobody even cares about Franklin.

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

Hard to find a public Seattle school that has produced more football talent than Aaron Pierce, Mario Bailey and Corey Dillon.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

Hard to find a public Seattle school that has produced more football talent than Aaron Pierce, Mario Bailey and Corey Dillon.
    But wait there is more. Check the alumni tab

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_High_School_(Seattle)

dnc said:

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

dnc said:

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

I knew about Hasty and Metcalf but was trying to keep it to just Dwags.

Didn't realize Zachery was FQ as well, he was part of the first UW team I really remember watching.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fred Hutchinson – MLB pitcher and manager, namesake of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center; class of 1937

the most famous alum for many years

Fred Hutchinson – MLB pitcher and manager, namesake of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center; class of 1937

the most famous alum for many years

Arguably still most famous.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

Don’t change the subject. Franklin was the one game everyone knew was winnable in Kingco 4A.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Modern era is Roy IMO

Don’t change the subject. Franklin was the one game everyone knew was winnable in Kingco 4A.
    It's sad to see how far FQ has fallen
    dnc said:

Bien que j'aimais ces gars-là, Roy en particulier, car il était vraiment la première superstar des Huskies quand j'ai commencé à les suivre, étant de la côte Est du Canada, j'allais voir peut-être une poignée de jeux Husky par an, et ce n'est que lorsque ils étaient vraiment bons. Des années où ils étaient mauvais, je ne les voyais parfois pas du tout.
    Grâce au streaming reddit, il a été beaucoup plus facile de regarder les jeux au cours des dernières saisons, alors oui, il y a probablement un peu de biais de récence.