Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

And thus, (probably) ends the Huskies season...

WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
This has probably been the most disappointing year of Huskies hoops I can remember in a long time. Sure, they've had worse teams, but I can't ever remember a team that's had so much talent, that has fallen as flat as this years team has.

Stewart will probably go down as my favorite Huskies basketball player of all time. That guy was an absolute beast, and it's a shame that we'll only get him for one year.

McDaniels on the other hand...Well, my mother always told me "If you can't say anything nice about somebody, don't say anything at all". I've never really subscribed to that line of thinking though, and this guy flat out sucked. He had his moments here and there where we saw flashes of the player he was projected to be, but for the large majority of the season he bounced between looking apathetic, lost and mentally immature. Probably the biggest bust I can remember, recruiting wise, in recent memory for the Huskies.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Stewart goes down as your favorite UW hoops player? Are you 12 years old?
  • Options

In terms of one and dones, absolutely. In terms of entire body of work, it becomes a much more difficult choice, but i'll lean towards Stewart just because of the way he can physically completely take over games.
  • Options
    Founders Club

In terms of one and dones, absolutely. In terms of entire body of work, it becomes a much more difficult choice, but i'll lean towards Stewart just because of the way he can physically completely take over games.
    Thanks for confirming you're 12 years old.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I like Stewart a lot and feel terrible for him but he's not going anywhere near my favorite Dawgs list.

Like Hawes (and even mores) it's definitely a shame he wasn't paired with one of the above average to great PGs UW has had the last 15 years.

Just UW's luck that our best two posts in that tim frame happened to be on 2 of the like 4 teams that didn't have all conference caliber PG play.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stewart deserved so much more.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    Founders Club
    I loved Detlef and Shag Williams
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,136
    Swaye's Wigwam
    right in for Nate Rob
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Modern era is Roy IMO

Old school without a doubt is the Pride of Roosevelt, James Edwards

Brandon Roy was the best player in the nation his senior year. I don't know how anyone could pick against that.

I never saw Edwards until he was mostly washed in the league but I hate Garfield and Roosevelt equally (if for different reasons) but if I can love Roy I can love him too.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,770

I loved Detlef and Shag Williams

No love for Clay Damon or Paul Fortier?!?

• Options
    edited March 2020

He’s your favorite player over Brandon Roy, Brockman, IT, Q-Pon, Nate Rob, Thubulle...gtfo bro

While I loved those guys, Roy especially, as he was really the first superstar the Huskies had when I began following them, being from the East Coast of Canada I would get to see maybe a handful of Husky games a year, and that's only when they were actually good. Years when they were bad, i'd sometimes never get to see them at all.
    Thanks to reddit streaming, it's been much easier to actually watch the games now, so ya, there probably is a bit of a recency bias
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    Roy followed by IT. Nate Rob 3rd. Brockman, QPon, Thybulle, Simmons, Conroy etc after that.

Fuck Hawes, fuck Fultz, etc. I do like Stewart better than them. He’s my favorite one and done along with Murray.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Matthew Bryan Amaning and Shooter McApples or GTFO>
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,208
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Justin Holiday was a good player too. That IT led team his last year was our 2nd best team outside of senior led Roy
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    I forever hate Rudy Gay for drawing that bullshit double technical on BRoy that put him on the bench and allowed the collapse in the S16.

It's up there with the all time "what if" Doog moments in husky history (New off-season poll/bracket @Gladstone).

I believe we would have played 11-seed George Mason in the elite and taken them out. Gay cost us the Final four change my mind
  • Options
    Founders Club
    B-Roy is the UW GOAT and it ain't even close.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,770

B-Roy is the UW GOAT and it ain't even close.

We'll agree to disagree on that.