Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anecdotal evidence

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Shit someone beat me to it
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

I had a previously scheduled appointment for routine blood tests today. I briefly thought that I didn't really want to go to the waiting room full of sick people because they are sick people and the world is ending as we speak due to Corona Beer

But being the real old time tuff logger that I am I went anyway. The waiting room was a ghost town and it is usually full.

Better seats for me

Interesting mass psychosis going on in regards to Corona IMO.

Its why the dems want to weaponize it. They do shit because it works. If you can blame a president for a hurricane you can blame him for anything.

Trump doesn't like sick people.

Actually, he is a reputed germaphobe in real life, which now seems like a good phobia to have.
    He also doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs but I'll still vote for him
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,946

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I had a previously scheduled appointment for routine blood tests today. I briefly thought that I didn't really want to go to the waiting room full of sick people because they are sick people and the world is ending as we speak due to Corona Beer

But being the real old time tuff logger that I am I went anyway. The waiting room was a ghost town and it is usually full.

Better seats for me

Its why the dems want to weaponize it. They do shit because it works. If you can blame a president for a hurricane you can blame him for anything.

Was in the local Whole Foods last night and the shelves were empty. Panic buying
    Whole Foods shoppers are exactly the type who panic over everything. It's why they shop at Whole Foods to begin with. Glad to see the business model is still working.
    My wife loves Whole Foods for some reason

I don't like to over pay for food that tastes like cardboard but that's me

Because the people who shop there believe they are a) eating the healthiest food on the market, b) saving the planet, and c) besting their competitive "friends" on the social ladder of life by - paying outrageous prices for fake food.

PCC is way better if you're into feeling morally superior. Except for all the dykes who buy that brown toilet paper that your fingers go right through.
    I dont buy everything from there but if you shop the Prime deals they are actually usually cheaper than Safeway. Plus the Prime delivery option is good for places like the bay where I mostly do everything possible not to leave my apartment.
    Hooray for Shut-Ins! Why would you live in a place where you can't or don't want to leave your apartment?
    In the short term, money.
    But the Tenderloin is so hoppin! Don't you miss playing tip-toe through the feces?
    I miss nothing about SF which is why I don’t live there. My daily time in SF consists of walking 10 minutes from the ferry building to my office, then walking 10 minutes back. 🙏
    That fucking sucks. Had many good times in SF. Short flight, great drinking spots & restaurants, easily walkable. But almost completely ruined by all the tech retards and homeless fucks. Sad to watch the demise of such a once-great city.
    I actually really like most things about where Im at in Oakland. I can stay within a 10 minute walk of home and there is plenty to do. Taking the boat to work also rules. Oakland will be fucked at some point too but hopefully I’ll be long gone by then.
    Yeah, Oakland doesn't have that crime and homeless problem SF has.
    Thats why I said most things, and depending on the neighborhood its not nearly as bad as SF. The one constant is car prowls but most of the new Oakland builds have garages. Oakland obviously has a couple spots that are fucking rough but there is no reason for me to be there.
    Still nice parts of SF. You're much more likely to be a victim of violent crime in Oakland than you are in SF.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter

Better seats for me

Trump doesn't like sick people.

Actually, he is a reputed germaphobe in real life, which now seems like a good phobia to have.
    He also doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs but I'll still vote for him
    He makes up for it by being a world-renowned horndog.

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,650 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

I had unprotected anal sex during the height of the AIDS hysteria.

I like to live dangerously. Be right back need to take my meds cocktail.

#MagicStrong

As long as it wasn't unprotected gay anal sex or anal sex with an IV drug user you weren't at any risk. One of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated on the American public was the risk of hetro sexually transmitted AIDS. They sold that fear in order to get funding.
    Welp, it was gay sex with an IV drug user.

#Dodgedabullet#Redhero
    Well then thank god it wasn't a monkey.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,650 Founders Club

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

Was in the local Whole Foods last night and the shelves were empty. Panic buying
    Whole Foods shoppers are exactly the type who panic over everything. It's why they shop at Whole Foods to begin with. Glad to see the business model is still working.

Because the people who shop there believe they are a) eating the healthiest food on the market, b) saving the planet, and c) besting their competitive "friends" on the social ladder of life by - paying outrageous prices for fake food.

PCC is way better if you're into feeling morally superior. Except for all the dykes who buy that brown toilet paper that your fingers go right through.
    I dont buy everything from there but if you shop the Prime deals they are actually usually cheaper than Safeway. Plus the Prime delivery option is good for places like the bay where I mostly do everything possible not to leave my apartment.
    Hooray for Shut-Ins! Why would you live in a place where you can't or don't want to leave your apartment?
    But the Tenderloin is so hoppin! Don't you miss playing tip-toe through the feces?
    I miss nothing about SF which is why I don’t live there. My daily time in SF consists of walking 10 minutes from the ferry building to my office, then walking 10 minutes back. 🙏
    A large part of the Ferry Building is now occupied by a hedge fund.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

My wife likes their smoked salmon. I like their beer. With 3 teenage boys, I would never in a million years shop there for staples.
    I just came back from shopping. Much different than last week. Paper products almost gone. Cashier said they have run out by noon the last 6 days. Anything that disinfects gone. No bleach, no wipes, no hand sanitizer. Zero. Bupkiss. Nada.

No canned vegetables or much canned meat products. No rice, beans or pasta.

I figured Idahoans kept a stocked pantry. Good thing I do.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

In the short term, money. Going to wine country or Big Sur on the weekends is enough to offset shutting in during the work week.
    Sonoma or Bust. Fucking love that area.
    Healdsburg or GTFO!!
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,946
    edited March 2020
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

My wife likes their smoked salmon. I like their beer. With 3 teenage boys, I would never in a million years shop there for staples.
    I just came back from shopping. Much different than last week. Paper products almost gone. Cashier said they have run out by noon the last 6 days. Anything that disinfects gone. No bleach, no wipes, no hand sanitizer. Zero. Bupkiss. Nada.

I've always been a little bit of a preper, and I hate running out of shit. I almost always have at least a month's worth of everything but things like milk, cheese, eggs and bread. Other than that, I'm not running low on anything.

Oh and beer, I don't usual keep more than a week's worth of beer around. Hell that would be a tragedy, I should probably stock up.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

live look at leaving that bitch in the rear view

The Woke left in the wake.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

In the short term, money. Going to wine country or Big Sur on the weekends is enough to offset shutting in during the work week.
    Healdsburg or GTFO!!
    Dry Creek is great, the winemakers are definitely creeping north of Healdsburg. Mendocino has some really good shit now, Hopland and Anderson Valley are up there.

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

Healdsburg or GTFO!!
    Dry Creek is great, the winemakers are definitely creeping north of Healdsburg. Mendocino has some really good shit now, Hopland and Anderson Valley are up there.
    Bruh, Dry Creek Valley is EXACTLY how God intended wine country to look. Lil Yella piss was frolicking in those grapes back in the 80s.

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

Healdsburg or GTFO!!
    Bruh, Dry Creek Valley is EXACTLY how God intended wine country to look. Lil Yella piss was frolicking in those grapes back in the 80s.

Have you tried Vino’s at the Landing?

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

Healdsburg or GTFO!!

Have you tried Vino’s at the Landing?
    Renton is for pours. I married too well to drink vino in Renton.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

I've always been a little bit of a preper, and I hate running out of shit. I almost always have at least a month's worth of everything but things like milk, cheese, eggs and bread. Other than that, I'm not running low on anything.

Oh and beer, I don't usual keep more than a week's worth of beer around. Hell that would be a tragedy, I should probably stock up.
    And whiskey. Multi use.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam

live look at leaving that bitch in the rear view

Wife lived in Fruitvale before moving in with me. Wild times in that neighborhood. We had friends die in the ghost ship fire among other things. Oaktown is a weird place where the peak of urban decay collides with exponential gentrification.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

That fucking sucks. Had many good times in SF. Short flight, great drinking spots & restaurants, easily walkable. But almost completely ruined by all the tech retards and homeless fucks. Sad to watch the demise of such a once-great city.
    It's not the Tech retards that ruined SF.
    You don't think Jack Dorsey's woke minion army of Twitter Geeks had anything to do with the sidewalk shit mountains? Think again.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Better seats for me

I actually really like most things about where Im at in Oakland. I can stay within a 10 minute walk of home and there is plenty to do. Taking the boat to work also rules. Oakland will be fucked at some point too but hopefully I’ll be long gone by then.
    Yeah, Oakland doesn't have that crime and homeless problem SF has.
    Thats why I said most things, and depending on the neighborhood its not nearly as bad as SF. The one constant is car prowls but most of the new Oakland builds have garages. Oakland obviously has a couple spots that are fucking rough but there is no reason for me to be there.
    I will say that Oakland is a lot better today than that last time I spent any significant time there, back in the 90s.

But Berkley's Woke Retard Yield has grown significantly, too.

I only know one person who goes there now, compared to dozens BITD.

And she's now a He. Pretty much what's to be expected on that shithole campus.