Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Compare and contrast

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,267
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter

https://pjmedia.com/trending/fact-check-obama-waited-until-millions-infected-and-1000-dead-in-u-s-before-declaring-h1n1-emergency/

Now, let's go to the Wayback Machine. In April of 2009, the H1N1 became a pandemic.

But it wasn't until six months later, October, that then-President Obama declared a public health emergency on what was already a pandemic. By that time, the disease had infected millions of Americans and more than 1,000 people had died in the U.S.

CNN reported at the time:

Since the H1N1 flu pandemic began in April, millions of people in the United States have been infected, at least 20,000 have been hospitalized and more than 1,000 have died, said Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. [emphasis added]

Furthermore, the CDC's Frieden fretted at the time that efforts to create a vaccine had stumbled:

"We are nowhere near where we thought we would be," Frieden said, acknowledging that manufacturing delays have contributed to less vaccine being available than expected. "As public health professionals, vaccination is our strongest tool. Not having enough is frustrating to all of us."

Frieden said that while the way vaccine is manufactured is "tried and true," it's not well-suited for ramping up production during a pandemic because it takes at least six months. The vaccine is produced by growing weakened virus in eggs.

But wait, there's more.

According to Virology Journal, the 2009 H1N1 came into the U.S. from Mexico:

The swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus that appeared in 2009 and was first found in human beings in Mexico, is a reassortant with at least three parents. Six of the genes are closest in sequence to those of H1N2 'triple-reassortant' influenza viruses isolated from pigs in North America around 1999-2000.

Now, about that "racist" wall ...

Every time the Left tries to make Trump look bad on this issue they're found to be frauds.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    But he had a diverse committee so it was ok
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I do believe the lack of testing kits here in the US is a legitimate criticism. That said, you've been right about this the whole time.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    But but the “new” CDC has a more nuanced mission..........

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I do believe the lack of testing kits here in the US is a legitimate criticism. That said, you've been right about this the whole time.
    And with the usual government competency the CDC botched the creation of the initial testing kits. They were worthless and it set back testing for over a month.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,219
    edited March 2020
    AAAAAARRRRGHH!!!! MORTALITY RATE!!!! 2.2% of earth died last month !!!!!!!!! MEAN ORANGE MAN !!!!!!!!

-(Copyright) @BleachedAnusDawg

#meaningfulsample
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,695
    Founders Club

AAAAAARRRRGHH!!!! MORTALITY RATE!!!! 2.2% of earth died last month !!!!!!!!! MEAN ORANGE MAN !!!!!!!!

#meaningfulsample

I didn't say 2.2% of the population died. Your anger and obsession is duly noted, though. Have a BLESSED day.
  • Options

#meaningfulsample

I didn't say 2.2% of the population died. Your anger and obsession is duly noted, though. Have a BLESSED day.

AAAARRGGHH MEAN PURPLE MAN!!!!

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PJ media is your source? JFC you boomers fall for every single fake news article the Russians pump out.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-wait-swine-flu-n1h1/

There are several factual inaccuracies in this excerpt alone. For instance, PJ media writes that H1N1 became a pandemic in April 2009. But that’s not the case. The disease emerged in April but wasn’t declared a pandemic until June.

The excerpt also claims that Obama “declared a public health emergency on what was already a pandemic” in October 2009. But this is also wrong. Obama declared a national emergency, not a public health emergency, in October 2009. The Obama administration declared a public health emergency in April, months before swine flu was declared a pandemic. At the time that the Obama administration declared a public health emergency, only 20 confirmed cases (not over a million) of H1N1 existed in the United States.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PJ media writes that H1N1 became a pandemic in April 2009. But that’s not the case. The disease emerged in April but wasn’t declared a pandemic until June.

Fuck off
  • Options
    PJ Media: But it wasn't until six months later, October, that then-President Obama declared a public health emergency on what was already a pandemic. By that time, the disease had infected millions of Americans and more than 1,000 people had died in the U.S.

Reality: The Obama administration declared a public health emergency in April, months before swine flu was declared a pandemic. At the time that the Obama administration declared a public health emergency, only 20 confirmed cases (not over a million) of H1N1 existed in the United States.
    https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20090426/swine_flu_20_us_cases_confirmed#1

October <> April

Fuck off
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

PJ media is your source? JFC you boomers fall for every single fake news article the Russians pump out.

There are several factual inaccuracies in this excerpt alone. For instance, PJ media writes that H1N1 became a pandemic in April 2009. But that’s not the case. The disease emerged in April but wasn’t declared a pandemic until June.

The excerpt also claims that Obama “declared a public health emergency on what was already a pandemic” in October 2009. But this is also wrong. Obama declared a national emergency, not a public health emergency, in October 2009. The Obama administration declared a public health emergency in April, months before swine flu was declared a pandemic. At the time that the Obama administration declared a public health emergency, only 20 confirmed cases (not over a million) of H1N1 existed in the United States.

Let me get this straight, the same guy who was running around here like a chicken with his head cut off claiming we were all going to die in WWIII, and who has swallowed every fucking bogus Russian collusion story is now trying to give someone else shit for their sources? Heal yourself first Kunt.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fact checks are a joke
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Let me get this straight, the same guy who was running around here like a chicken with his head cut off claiming we were all going to die in WWIII, and who has swallowed every fucking bogus Russian collusion story is now trying to give someone else shit for their sources? Heal yourself first Kunt.
    lol you wanna play this game again? Pizzagate, Benghazi, Uranium One, Burisma... how many conspiracy theories have you been wrong on? Tell me Gay Bob, do you still think Trump should be punished if he froze Ukraine aid in return for an investigation into Biden? Bitch ass partisan Kunt.
  • Options

Fact checks are a joke

Boomers hate facts that don't align with their agenda
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fact checks are a joke

Seems like a broad statement

Fact checks are bullshit on the other hand is concise and true

Benghazi, Uranium 1, and Burisma are not theories. Just because your can't see it up there in your rectum is a you problem

You support the ass clowns that spied on political opponents to gin up a fake collusion charge then spent three years failing miserably topped off by the Ukraine bullshit leaving Trump stronger than ever and the democrats running a drooling idiot to try to beat him

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2020

SFGbob said:

lol you wanna play this game again? Pizzagate, Benghazi, Uranium One, Burisma... how many conspiracy theories have you been wrong on? Tell me Gay Bob, do you still think Trump should be punished if he froze Ukraine aid in return for an investigation into Biden? Bitch ass partisan Kunt.
    Yeah, I'll play that game. I've never said anything about Pizzagate. Benghazi - Obama Admin lied and claimed it was caused by a video. You got something different Kunt? Burisma? Corrupt Ukrainian company that hired Biden's son. Where's my "conspiracies" Kunt?

You swallowed like a fucking bitch all of the Russian collusion lies and conspiracy theories. You have no fucking business giving anyone else shit about their sources.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Fact checks are a joke

Said the Kunt who was all in on the Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress lie.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah, I'll play that game. I've never said anything about Pizzagate. Benghazi - Obama Admin lied and claimed it was caused by a video. You got something different Kunt? Burisma? Corrupt Ukrainian company that hired Biden's son. Where's my "conspiracies" Kunt?

You swallowed like a fucking bitch all of the Russian collusion lies and conspiracy theories. You have no fucking business giving anyone else shit about their sources.
    Yet you think you do? news flash for you, outside of this safe space the world is laughing at Kunts like you. I'm glad you have this forum to share your fake news and air your white grievances to your fellow boomers, it gives me a good laugh every time I drop in to this shithole.
  • Options

Fact checks are a joke

Math is math.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yet you think you do? news flash for you, outside of this safe space the world is laughing at Kunts like you. I'm glad you have this forum to share your fake news and air your white grievances to your fellow boomers, it gives me a good laugh every time I drop in to this shithole.
    Feel free to cite any conspiracy theory I've pushed without lying through your fucking teeth Kunt. You're the one who swallowed like a bitch the Russian collusion conspiracy theory. I've never said shit about Pizzagate. And it comes as no fucking surprise that you ran and hide like a Kunt when asked to tell me what my conspiracy theory is regarding Benghazi or Burisma.