Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    "I have been talking with coach (Derham) Cato for a while, probably since I got my first offer from Oklahoma State (back in December)," Olsen told Dawgman.com. "We had been talking about twice a month, but it had increased a lot lately. We'd been talking a lot more.

"Earlier (Thursday), he and I were talking and he said he was going to offer when I came up for a visit and was there with them, just to make it more special, but I already knew they were really interest in me and when he told me I had the offer, it was a great feeling because I know Washington has a process and they take their time in offering guys. They don't throw out a ton of offers to guys, so when he offered, he said he wanted me to know I was important to them.

One of the big reasons for Washington's interest is Olsen's versatility.

"I'm more of a traditional tight end," Olsen noted. "I can flex out or go in motion, depending on the call and the formation, but I am really involved in the running game and I would say, at least right now, I am probably a better blocker.

"That doesn't mean I can't catch the ball or make plays with the ball in my hands, but I take pride in my blocking and I love the physicality of playing my position."

"I'm heading out to see Arizona State on March 21st, Nebraska on April 24th and Iowa State on April 25th," Olsen said. "I've never been up to Seattle before, so we're planning on coming out for a visit, but I am not sure of the date. It might be an official, but it might be an unofficial and then if I really like it, I'll come back for an official visit.

Washington has also offered Olsen's friend, teammate and fellow tight end target, Terrance Ferguson.

"Yeah, we're good friends," Olsen said. "There's a chance we could come up (to Seattle) together, but since I hadn't been offered yet, we hadn't really talked about it. Now that I have, that is something we may wind up doing."
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I like to tell myself that UW is the best progrum on this list.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

There’s no other team on that list makes you say “oh fuck”
    #nebraskaclassy
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

There’s no other team on that list makes you say “oh fuck”
    #nebraskaclassy
    #nebrasklassy or #classibraska?
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Crystal Dongs to UCLA by Huffman and Biggins
    Founders Club

Hwoops
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You mean Cato got blown out? Shocking
    Fuck you blondie

Cato’s in over his ski’s ...

There was something that came out of my weekend conversations with Dennis and Coker that drove the point home

But go ahead and continue to make excuses while the same trends continue to materialize
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020

Tequilla said:

Fuck you blondie

There was something that came out of my weekend conversations with Dennis and Coker that drove the point home

But go ahead and continue to make excuses while the same trends continue to materialize

I'm not making an excuse for him. I clearly said he might suck as a recruiter. He probably will, but us not taking this guy is not indicative of that. I'm not sure if it's your reading comprehension or your processing skills but godamn you struggle with reading something someone writes and being able to make sense of it.
    He reads what fits the argument he wants to make. It's pretty common here.
    Founders Club
    edited May 2020
    Tequilla said:

His ski's what?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Fuck you blondie

Crazy iin chat.

Tequilla said:

Fuck you blondie

I'm not making an excuse for him. I clearly said he might suck as a recruiter. He probably will, but us not taking this guy is not indicative of that. I'm not sure if it's your reading comprehension or your processing skills but godamn you struggle with reading something someone writes and being able to make sense of it.
    I know exactly what you wrote and it’s a fair point in a vacuum

The problem is that when you brush off each miss as a WDWHA or he maxed his potential or whatever reasoning makes sense, what the downstream consequences are is that you get through your prospect rankings and everybody going elsewhere ... you find yourself left holding your junk

That’s the point I’m making ...

Whether it’s that Cato has shown next to nothing so far from a recruiting standpoint or you want to go to a larger viewpoint of the collective struggle of the staff and the issue is going from a festering one into a major concern
    You are one of the biggest twisters here

I said Adams allegedly is a good position coach

I said recruiting results for Adams is trending poorly

I said that Adams being our 3rd best position coach isn’t a vote of confidence in him but more of a commentary on the rest of the staff

I don’t give a shit if you disagree with my opinions ... I do give a shit when people say I say things that are not consistent with what I said and/or taken out of context