Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Feld rumored out as S&C coach at UO

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    animate said:

The guy Feld could replace makes $525k per a year. Feld makes $310k per a year now.

$525k in Alabama might as well be $700k-$800k in Oregon. Pretty easy decision.

That's fucking insane.

The guy shows young men how to pick things up. And push on things. And pull on things and run.

It ain't like curing cancer.

he's part of the "culture and identity" and is what helps push the team forward.

In today's college football that's absolutely worth big money, as much as us regular folk think it's totally fucked up ... it is what it is.

Feld's mustache is worth 250k on their own. "Fill the sleeves!" is like 100k and "Flex Friday! ..." ~ 150k
    I'm going to say this once more: it's the HC stupid.

Everything succeeds or fails on that ONE PERSON.

I don't wanna hear about coordinators and strengff coaches or none of that shit. HCs win or lose.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’ve always liked Feld. Legitimately funny guy. I get why old guys hate him, but he obviously did a good job at Oregon. He loved his camera time, but the kids seemed to love him and getting kids excited to get in the weight room and get better is more than half the battle.

After that, you just follow a generic plan that probably most schools do. He worked at Bama so all he has to do is copy whatever the dude he worked for did there. I know there is so much science behind it (a lot of it bullshit to make the job seem tougher And not as meatheadish than it really is), but it’s all about getting bigger, faster, and stronger.

I don't really give a fuck about him. Just want all their fans to take a dip in the McKenzie to celebrate their 🥀
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

I’ve always liked Feld. Legitimately funny guy. I get why old guys hate him, but he obviously did a good job at Oregon. He loved his camera time, but the kids seemed to love him and getting kids excited to get in the weight room and get better is more than half the battle.

After that, you just follow a generic plan that probably most schools do. He worked at Bama so all he has to do is copy whatever the dude he worked for did there. I know there is so much science behind it (a lot of it bullshit to make the job seem tougher And not as meatheadish than it really is), but it’s all about getting bigger, faster, and stronger.

I don't really give a fuck about him. Just want all their fans to take a dip in the McKenzie to celebrate their 🥀
    Seems like you do care.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

The guy Feld could replace makes $525k per a year. Feld makes $310k per a year now.

That's fucking insane.

The guy shows young men how to pick things up. And push on things. And pull on things and run.

he's part of the "culture and identity" and is what helps push the team forward.

In today's college football that's absolutely worth big money, as much as us regular folk think it's totally fucked up ... it is what it is.

Feld's mustache is worth 250k on their own. "Fill the sleeves!" is like 100k and "Flex Friday! ..." ~ 150k

I don't wanna hear about coordinators and strengff coaches or none of that shit. HCs win or lose.
    No, stupid. That's the dumbest take from you in a long time. Jesus.

Head coach is important, no doubt. But to take your stance like you did is plain stupid.

I guess that the best coaches don't have the biggest budgets for the best staff.

What morons.

Better spend their millions on toothpicks and throw them at all the other schools with much lesser staffs and play on an even playing field.

Jesus creepy.

• Options
    animate said:

animate said:

That's fucking insane.

Head coach is important, no doubt. But to take your stance like you did is plain stupid.

I guess that the best coaches don't have the biggest budgets for the best staff.

What morons.

Better spend their millions on toothpicks and throw them at all the other schools with much lesser staffs and play on an even playing field.

Jesus creepy.

Part of it is convenience too. A higher assistant budget means less turnover. What coach wants to spend time replacing 4-5 coaches every year?
  • Options

animate said:

animate said:

That's fucking insane.

What morons.

Jesus creepy.

Part of it is convenience too. A higher assistant budget means less turnover. What coach wants to spend time replacing 4-5 coaches every year?
    Problem with what creepy was saying is that she's downgrading or minimizing Feld's reputation and/or effectiveness within the team.

If Feld or Donte were not valuable then they wouldn't be poached by other schools. Simple as that.

Can criscoballz find equivalent talent to replace those two? Probably, maybe, but that's not the question.
  • Options
    Winners have great HCs.

Losers talk about coordinators and strengff coaches.

Real quick without google: who were Miami’s coordinators and strengff coaches from 98 to 2000?

Who was the HC?

See stupid?
  • Options

Winners have great HCs.

Real quick without google: who were Miami’s coordinators and strengff coaches from 98 to 2000?

Who was the HC?

See stupid?

Logic and intelligence isn't your strong suit. Better get back to Minecraft or Roblox to rest your brain creeps.

It's a free download.
  • Options
    animate said:

Winners have great HCs.

Who was the HC?

See stupid?

Logic and intelligence isn't your strong suit. Better get back to Minecraft or Roblox to rest your brain creeps.

It's a free download.
    Shut up. I think more clearly in my sleep than you do at the top of your game.

Evidence: you're trying to parse through a simple point and "prove" I'm wrong, when it can't be done since it's an opinion fuck brain.

HC is what matters. If losing a fucking STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING coach is the difference between success and failure in your program then you're already a loser.

Loser.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Urban Meyer thinks the strength coach is the most important assistant coach because they are the ones that have the players during the off-season.

Feld was good because he created a good atmosphere that was player friendly. Getting kid to enjoy the tough workouts and having fun, or at least some fun, is important. Feld was a good fit at Oregon.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Urban Meyer thinks the strength coach is the most important assistant coach because they are the ones that have the players during the off-season.

Feld was good because he created a good atmosphere that was player friendly. Getting kid to enjoy the tough workouts and having fun, or at least some fun, is important. Feld was a good fit at Oregon.

That's actually logical. Live long and prosper

• Options

Urban is what mattered wherever he was. You can always find a strength coach. We are working overtime, I see, to rationalize Feld as a key loss. Feld, the guy who was the running joke here.

Please tell me more stories about strength coaches. JFC.
  • Options

Winners have great HCs.

Who was the HC?

See stupid?

nobody, and i fucking mean nobody, does 'living in the past' better than 'DA CANES.'
    better than Washington? '91 team anybody?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Urban is what mattered wherever he was. You can always find a strength coach. We are working overtime, I see, to rationalize Feld as a key loss. Feld, the guy who was the running joke here.

If you weren't so easy to spin out.....
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

He seems to be an asset. Not a drag.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

He’s not even leaving.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes