Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PSA for @Doog_de_Jour , @UWKatie, et al

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I laughed my ass off at that video, thank you.

Instant classics Gif right there.
    I'm rather fond of it.
    I've sexted with @Swaye about this, but I have a revolver fettish. My next gun with be a 686 S&W .357 mag. I know why semi-auto pistols are better and what not. But I'm old school and love revolvers.
    That’s a sweet gun. I’d like a Ruger GP100 in .357.

I was shooting with a guy once who had 686 (I think, definitely a SW) in 44 mag, tricked out with a muzzle brake. On the last shot of the day, apparently the muzzle brake worked loose just a little and the round tore it apart. Thankfully I didn’t take that shot. Kinda scary but no one caught any fragments.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I laughed my ass off at that video, thank you.

Instant classics Gif right there.
    I'm rather fond of it.
    I've sexted with @Swaye about this, but I have a revolver fettish. My next gun with be a 686 S&W .357 mag. I know why semi-auto pistols are better and what not. But I'm old school and love revolvers.
    That’s a sweet gun. I’d like a Ruger GP100 in .357.

I was shooting with a guy once who had 686 (I think, definitely a SW) in 44 mag, tricked out with a muzzle brake. On the last shot of the day, apparently the muzzle brake worked loose just a little and th e round tore it apart. Thankfully I didn’t take that shot. Kinda scary but no one caught any fragments.
    No muzzle breaks for this Doog.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I have a pile of semis, but revolvers are my true love. Been thinking about the new Python...
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I have a pile of semis, but revolvers are my true love. Been thinking about the new Python...

I'm kind of intrigued by .41 mag for some reason. I guess just to be different. I have a 10mm Glock which edges out .357 in most ways (other than classiness). The next step up is .41 mag.
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Swaye said:

I'm kind of intrigued by .41 mag for some reason. I guess just to be different. I have a 10mm Glock which edges out .357 in most ways (other than classiness). The next step up is .41 mag.
    You can buy hot 10MM loads that very closely approximate the ballistics of a 41 mg.
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

Swaye said:

You can buy hot 10MM loads that very closely approximate the ballistics of a 41 mg.
    Tell me moar about hot loads...
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yep. 10mm is gaining a little popularity too since it's a decent carry option that can be loaded hot enough for bear and bigfoot defense. If I go to the store right now I'll usually only find the pussified stuff that's nothing like original 10mm ammo. It's basically .40 with a fatter grip that I donyt like. Hopefully that's changing.

Like grundle I'm all about the hot loads.
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Yep. 10mm is gaining a little popularity too since it's a decent carry option that can be loaded hot enough for bear and bigfoot defense. If I go to the store right now I'll usually only find the pussified stuff that's nothing like original 10mm ammo. It's basically .40 with a fatter grip that I donyt like. Hopefully that's changing.

I buy cheap shit for plinking, but Buffalo Bore for real potential bear work.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

10mm is such a gurlie man round. If you want to hunt totanka you need .500 S&W

Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

Never shot 10mm. How does full power 10mm compare to .40 from a "snappiness" standpoint?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

Yeah that's the stuff. Underwood and double tap have some good rounds too. It's just bullshit that you have to pay $1+ per round to get real 10mm in all its glory, and the practice ammo available is nothing like what you're going to carry.
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

chuck said:

Never shot 10mm. How does full power 10mm compare to .40 from a "snappiness" standpoint?
    Less snappy. More of everything else. Hot loads thump. Especially in lighter guns (Glock). I have a SIG Legion 10MM that absorbs the energy well. 10MM is the shit.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

chuck said:

Honestly they feel about the same to me, at least within a narrow range and depending on ammo. The biggest thing for me is the grip size with double stack magazines which makes .40 a little more comfortable for me.

My .40 carry ammo are 165 grain Winchester Ranger T, which is actually a pretty hot round (~500 ft/lb) with a really mild, push like recoil. It's not snappy like most .40 range ammo that's 100+ fps slower. I actually find the range ammo more fun.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There's like five inches of dick in this thread.

Combined.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter

Combined.

I was disappointed too.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Combined.

More gun talk and it will be at least 5.5 by tomorrow.