Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2020 NFL DRAFT

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Top two issues I had with Petersen as well

Will never understand why people love to take shots at Pete. All he did was lead us to the CFB, win two pac-12 titles and lead us to three new year six bowl games.
    It's because Pete was awesome ...

but the perception was that he wasn't "ruthless" enough ... wishing he was a bit more like Don James who would tolerate more "thuggishness", more "play football, not school" - in order to put the absolute best players on the field and push the envelope to the zenith.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It wasn't too, too long ago that Washington offensive tackle Trey Adams was a potential Round 1 guy. I even had him ranked high last year before he decided to go back to school. But the massive 6-foot-8, 319-pounder had a tough 2019 season after missing nearly all of 2018 due to a back injury, and the combine didn't help him out at all. His 5.60 40 time and 7-foot-8 broad jump were both worst among linemen, and his 24.5-inch vertical tied for the worst. Coming into the combine, I had Adams at No. 74 overall and No. 8 among OTs. He's not an elite athlete, and he struggles with quick inside and fluid double moves. - McShay
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    An offense constantly locking down Bryant, Fuller, and Ahmed no wonder we sucked ass, especially in the passing game.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    All our seniors tested awful except Bryant
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Body fat % lol. I mean understandable if you are in the 20+ range but is he training for football or to mode the next P90x video?
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He put on 7 fucking pounds. That will probably eat into a guy's 40 time, but what do I know.

What was the grand FSP strategy here? The one thing Salvon had going for him was the ability to run a 4.4, but instead you bulk him up and slow him down?
    I'm trying to figure out exactly what the grand plan was here. His speed was literally the only thing that was going to get him drafted, and now he bulks up and loses all that?

• Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957

Body fat % lol. I mean understandable if you are in the 20+ range but is he training for football or to mode the next P90x video?
    Say what you want but those photos are skewed anyways this man is not 13% body fat. Tell me where is his body fat he’s mostly likely 10% and dropped it down to 8% but just like football numbers in general they usually give guys and extra inch or round up in weight. I also think something had to be up he just ran a bad day I think. Your telling me someone like Salvon can’t run a sub 4.4 - 4.5 and he’s not even 200lbs while Johnathan Taylor is 31lbs heavier than salvon and ran 4.4? Some days you have good days and some bad going from a 4.31 to a 4.65 in a year has to have more than just adding 7lbs you would have to try to run a 4.65 and also where is the fucking video of him running I want to see this shit
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I legit feel bad for Trey. He was money the first two years.

Rotoworld's Hayden Winks...

"Had the worst forty (5.60) and broad jump (92 inches) of the group."

Neal Driscoll - Pro Football Network

"Washington OT Trey Adams night not be drafted. Injury history and a really bad combine. At one time, Adams was getting buzz as a first round pick."

NFL.com's Chad Reuter...

"Adams' injury history (a 2017 ACL tear and 2018 back surgery) was well-known coming into the combine, and he needed to shine to make teams consider him for a top-100 selection. A 5.60-second 40 (with a 1.89-second 10-yard split, the second-worst in the group) did not aid that effort. Adams' on-field agility was limited during drills, as well. His experience at tackle was reflected in the kick-slide drill, though. I suspect he'll stick in the league for as long as his back will allow, but Adams will probably have to wait until later in the draft to hear his name called."

Pro Football Focus's Michael Renner...

"There simply aren't a lot of bad athletes on the edge who consistently hold up in pass protection in the league. And there's no way to sugar coat it, Adams' testing was bad. He ‘ran' the slowest 40 (5.6 seconds) and had the worst vertical (24.5 inches) and broad jumps (7-foot-8) of anyone in attendance. After those three, he packed it in for the day. Adams already comes with massive health concerns, and his on-field performances did little to help his draft stock."
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    animate said:

Top two issues I had with Petersen as well

Will never understand why people love to take shots at Pete. All he did was lead us to the CFB, win two pac-12 titles and lead us to three new year six bowl games.
    It's because Pete was awesome ...

but the perception was that he wasn't "ruthless" enough ... wishing he was a bit more like Don James who would tolerate more "thuggishness", more "play football, not school" - in order to put the absolute best players on the field and push the envelope to the zenith.

No. It’s because they didn’t like his strength coach.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I legit feel bad for Trey. He was money the first two years.

Rotoworld's Hayden Winks...

"Had the worst forty (5.60) and broad jump (92 inches) of the group."

Neal Driscoll - Pro Football Network

"Washington OT Trey Adams night not be drafted. Injury history and a really bad combine. At one time, Adams was getting buzz as a first round pick."

NFL.com's Chad Reuter...

"Adams' injury history (a 2017 ACL tear and 2018 back surgery) was well-known coming into the combine, and he needed to shine to make teams consider him for a top-100 selection. A 5.60-second 40 (with a 1.89-second 10-yard split, the second-worst in the group) did not aid that effort. Adams' on-field agility was limited during drills, as well. His experience at tackle was reflected in the kick-slide drill, though. I suspect he'll stick in the league for as long as his back will allow, but Adams will probably have to wait until later in the draft to hear his name called."

Pro Football Focus's Michael Renner...

"There simply aren't a lot of bad athletes on the edge who consistently hold up in pass protection in the league. And there's no way to sugar coat it, Adams' testing was bad. He ‘ran' the slowest 40 (5.6 seconds) and had the worst vertical (24.5 inches) and broad jumps (7-foot-8) of anyone in attendance. After those three, he packed it in for the day. Adams already comes with massive health concerns, and his on-field performances did little to help his draft stock."

He was very good his first two years, but may have been overrated even back then. He got destroyed by USC and gave up a first drive sack vs ASU the next game that had me questioning whether it was a blip or if he was overrated. The injuries the next two years didn’t help.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    Founders Club

Anyone still dooging out for Harris?

Former 10-time Pro Bowler Joe Thomas...

"Standouts from group OL group #1 were @MekhiBecton from @UofLFootball and Nick Harris from @UW_Football washington"

Nick Shook - NFL.com...

"Standouts I liked most from the two OL sessions: Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills, Nick Harris, Cesar Ruiz, Jack Driscoll, Ezra Cleveland, Danny Pinter, Austin Jackson and Joshua Jones."

Gavino Borquez - NFL Draft Wire...

"My early offensive line favorites from the first on-field portion: Nick Harris (Washington), Jack Driscoll (Auburn), Ezra Cleveland (Boise State) and Matt Hennessy (Temple)."

Jacob Infante - NFL Draft Wire

"Washington OL Nick Harris has lowkey put together an impressive #NFLCombine so far.

"Ran a 5.10 40-yard-dash at 302 pounds and has looked really fluid and agile in movement drills. Looks like a quality Day 2 center prospect."

Did he grow over the weekend or block any good D-lineman yet?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone still dooging out for Harris?

Former 10-time Pro Bowler Joe Thomas...

"Standouts from group OL group #1 were @MekhiBecton from @UofLFootball and Nick Harris from @UW_Football washington"

Nick Shook - NFL.com...

"Standouts I liked most from the two OL sessions: Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills, Nick Harris, Cesar Ruiz, Jack Driscoll, Ezra Cleveland, Danny Pinter, Austin Jackson and Joshua Jones."

Gavino Borquez - NFL Draft Wire...

"My early offensive line favorites from the first on-field portion: Nick Harris (Washington), Jack Driscoll (Auburn), Ezra Cleveland (Boise State) and Matt Hennessy (Temple)."

Jacob Infante - NFL Draft Wire

"Washington OL Nick Harris has lowkey put together an impressive #NFLCombine so far.

"Ran a 5.10 40-yard-dash at 302 pounds and has looked really fluid and agile in movement drills. Looks like a quality Day 2 center prospect."

Did he grow over the weekend or block any good D-lineman yet?
    Why are you hanging onto this? It’s dumb.