Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2020 NFL DRAFT

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020
    These numbers seem rather meh...

Especially in the context of the entire TE class getting beat by a punter.

I have no idea if they are
  • Options
    Yes... but how fast were Easons backwards sping move times though?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Anyone still dooging out for Harris?

?? He was a pretty good OL for UW. Is that dooging to you? I wouldn’t like him any more or less because of anything to do with the combine.
    I Hear a lot of talk about him getting drafted. Measured under 6’1, benches less than Hunter Bryant. Joey Hunt is considered undersized. He measured an inch taller and was also 1st team all-conference. Taken in the 6th. Sorry if I struck a nerve. Doog it up. Hopefully Myles Bryant is taller than 5’7 and faster than Fuller, otherwise tough sledding.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2020
    Eason reportedly bombing interviews for being too relaxed and his dedication to football being questioned which is no surprise. Top two issues Pete had with him and why it took so long to appoint him the starting QB.
  • Options

Eason reportedly bombing interviews for being too relaxed and his dedication to football being questioned which is no surprise. Top two issues Pete had with him and why it took so long to appoint him the starting QB.

Its was always clear that the whole QB starting fiasco was that weird place where Petersen didnt want to name Eason the starter because he isnt that dedicated and has a lower IQ than Lockner BUT he didnt have a QB good enough to justify not starting Eason so he just played it out as long as possible in the hopes it would motivate/challenge Eason...
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Its was always clear that the whole QB starting fiasco was that weird place where Petersen didnt want to name Eason the starter because he isnt that dedicated and has a lower IQ than Lockner BUT he didnt have a QB good enough to justify not starting Eason so he just played it out as long as possible in the hopes it would motivate/challenge Eason...
    And sadly it never worked. He never spent extra time in the film room, never spent extra going over the playbook so he would know the ins and outs. It's why I don't see him being successful in the NFL but I hope i'm wrong because he's a great kid but he's got to put more effort and intensity into football if he wants to succeed. Don't become anthor Jay Cutler.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

Top two issues I had with Petersen as well

Will never understand why people love to take shots at Pete. All he did was lead us to the CFB, win two pac-12 titles and lead us to three new year six bowl games.
    Lost all three then quit like a pussy

Never got a quarterback or an offense

Left us with an assistant

Fuck that guy for real
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Eason had the best deep ball accuracy of any of the quarterbacks (including Herbert) ... but was pretty underwhelming in interviews. He has a monster arm, and he puts the ball right where it needs to be on the vertical throws. It stood out on the field on Thursday night. But I've heard from a handful of teams that were pretty unimpressed with the interviewing process off the field. That was a big thing coming into the combine for Eason, and while these are short sessions that will later be expanded on, it didn't do him any favors. -- McShay
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good thing Vanilla notified me that somebody hopped on this thread to spit hot fire at 11:01PM.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Eason had the best deep ball accuracy of any of the quarterbacks (including Herbert) ... but was pretty underwhelming in interviews. He has a monster arm, and he puts the ball right where it needs to be on the vertical throws. It stood out on the field on Thursday night. But I've heard from a handful of teams that were pretty unimpressed with the interviewing process off the field. That was a big thing coming into the combine for Eason, and while these are short sessions that will later be expanded on, it didn't do him any favors. -- McShay

@sonics1993 are you Mcshay?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Our white linebacker in high school ran a 4.6 and that was after recovering from a knee injury.

Fuller at 4.64 is pathetic.
    There’s no fucking way he ran a real 4.6.

4.6 HS hand timed is like a 4.9 at the combine.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2020

Will never understand why people love to take shots at Pete. All he did was lead us to the CFB, win two pac-12 titles and lead us to three new year six bowl games.
    I’m mostly with you on Pete, but it ended bad and the program was fizzling out. The past three years were not a ton of fun. Getting beat in BCS Bowl games sucked. Losing to ASU in 2917, Stanford, Cal, etc sucked and should not have happened.

I think Pete is a very good coach, but I get why Pete takes shots. His offenses sucked and we lost most (all to some fans) of the big games. There is some stuff he deserves criticism over.

I think he would have figured it out but we will never know.
    Agree. If he had won just one (any one of them) of the NY6 gaymes I think the whole narrative around here on Pete changes. But 6 years and no real hardware is 6 years and no real hardware. NOGAF about Pac-12 titles in the weakest conference of my lifetim.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I’m mostly with you on Pete, but it ended bad and the program was fizzling out. The past three years were not a ton of fun. Getting beat in BCS Bowl games sucked. Losing to ASU in 2917, Stanford, Cal, etc sucked and should not have happened.

I think Pete is a very good coach, but I get why Pete takes shots. His offenses sucked and we lost most (all to some fans) of the big games. There is some stuff he deserves criticism over.

I think he would have figured it out but we will never know.
    I think Taylor Rapp delivered the dagger to his heart