Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WE ARE WASHINGTON ... DAMMIT

topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Forbes released its annual look at the most valuable programs in college football on Wednesday

1. Texas - $139 million
2. Notre Dame - $117 million
3. Alabama - $110 million
4. LSU - $105 million
5. Michigan - $104 million
6. Florida - $94 million
7. Oklahoma - $92 million
8. Georgia - $91 million
9. Ohio State - $83 million
10. Nebraska - $80 million
11. Auburn - $77 million
12. Arkansas - $74 million
13. USC - $73 million
14. Texas A&M - $72 million
15. Penn State - $71 million
16. Wisconsin - $70 million
17. Washington - $66 million
18. South Carolina - $65 million
19. Oregon - $64 million
20. Tennessee - $63 million

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,830 Founders Club
    edited December 2013
    That's not bad, considering what an absolute clusterfuck the football team has been in recent years.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Taking what into account?
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    No Miami or Florida State?
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    I'm a little surprised to see USC so far down the list. Behind Arkansas and Auburn? Looks like Forbes is putting a lot of value on the draw of the SEC.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    topdawgnc said:

Forbes released its annual look at the most valuable programs in college football on Wednesday

1. Texas - $139 million
    2. Notre Dame - $117 million
    3. Alabama - $110 million
    4. LSU - $105 million
    5. Michigan - $104 million
    6. Florida - $94 million
    7. Oklahoma - $92 million
    8. Georgia - $91 million
    9. Ohio State - $83 million
    10. Nebraska - $80 million
    11. Auburn - $77 million
    12. Arkansas - $74 million
    13. USC - $73 million
    14. Texas A&M - $72 million
    15. Penn State - $71 million
    16. Wisconsin - $70 million
    17. Washington - $66 million
    18. South Carolina - $65 million
    19. Oregon - $64 million
    20. Tennessee - $63 million

UW's overall athletic program must still rely solely on Husky Football for surplus revenue to cover for general lack of support for Olympic sports and that situation should get better as the football program moves back into the Top-10..... or at least that's what we should expect. AD Woodward now must do something permanent for the long term to get Husky Basketball moving upward again with a serious review of both the BB coaching and that expensive facility mistake. Time to begin unscrewing the Barbara Hedges fuck-ups.

• AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    This is what the Iron Laws are all about. Seriously. All we need is a coach
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798

This is what the Iron Laws are all about. Seriously. All we need is a coach

For once, ARYK.
  • This is what the Iron Laws are all about. Seriously. All we need is a coach

You could say that for anyone, we've been telling you that for years that the Iron Laws don't mean fucking shit. It's all about the head coach.

I'm not at all surprised you misinterpreted the data to fit your bullshit doog agenda.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    edited December 2013

This is what the Iron Laws are Law is all about. Seriously. All we anyone ever needs is a coach

dnc said:

This is what the Iron Laws are Law is all about. Seriously. All we anyone ever needs is a coach

So WSU or Oregon State could become Alabama or Texas with the right coach?
  • dnc said:

Not Alabama but if UW had the right coach I don't think we could be what Alabama is.

As for Texas? You could argue Oregon State has reached their level in the past four seasons.

Oregon State had a great coach and was top 5 in the nation in 2000, had a solid coach and have been a solid program for a decade.

WSU with Leach will probably be a consistent bowl team as well.

dnc said:

Not Alabama but if UW had the right coach I don't think we could be what Alabama is.

As for Texas? You could argue Oregon State has reached their level in the past four seasons.

Oregon State had a great coach and was top 5 in the nation in 2000, had a solid coach and have been a solid program for a decade.

I should have said just said Alabama.

So all programs are equal, the only variable is the quality of the coach?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited December 2013

dnc said:

I should have said just said Alabama.

So all programs are equal, the only variable is the quality of the coach?
    What "Iron Laws" does Stanford or Oregon have/had(in Oregon's case) besides having a good coach?

Face it your Iron Laws is bullshit.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

dnc said:

Disagree.

this is about money.

and Wazzu will never have the money of a Texas or Alabama, the donor base just won't let it.

If what you say is true, Oregon should be in the top 5 ... factually speaking ... they just don't have the booster juice. They are Phil Knight, when he dies ... it is over for them.

Winning with the right coach is what it is all about.

But to be an elite program you the booster base, location, and sustainability.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    And that's after the worst 15 year stretch in our history.
  • topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

Disagree.

this is about money.

and Wazzu will never have the money of a Texas or Alabama, the donor base just won't let it.

If what you say is true, Oregon should be in the top 5 ... factually speaking ... they just don't have the booster juice. They are Phil Knight, when he dies ... it is over for them.

Disagree? You basically just repeated what I said. I never said WSU or Oregon State can be an elite program but did point out with good coaches they can consistently be a bowl team.

Hell Oregon State if you had a playoff back in 2000 probably wins the national title two years after having like 28 straight losing seasons.

I just look at teams like Oregon, Stanford, Baylor, Boise State, TCU, Wisconsin, Michigan State in recent years who have all had great success recently and none match Auburn's Bullshit "Iron Laws".
    The rules:

Texas has been college football’s most valuable team since 2009, when it usurped Notre Dame’s top spot with a value of $119 million. The team’s unprecedented value is built on the back of the nation’s most dedicated fan base, which has helped Texas lead all schools in merchandise sales, secure the most lucrative school-specific TV deal and become the only college football team in history to cross $100 million in revenue, which the Longhorns have done for the last two seasons.

Last year Texas had income of $109 million; no other team made more than $90 million. The biggest source of revenue was ticket sales, which contributed $34.5 million last season, an increase of more than $2 million from the previous year. Texas football also collected $30 million from contributions and another $15 million from Big 12 and NCAA distributions.

I believe ... only 3 schools in the Pac can meet the three highlighted areas on a regular basis ...

SC, UCLA, Washington

Maybe Oregon ... I just don't think they have the donor base capabilities outside of the obvious.

topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

Disagree.

this is about money.

Disagree? You basically just repeated what I said. I never said WSU or Oregon State can be an elite program but did point out with good coaches they can consistently be a bowl team.

Hell Oregon State if you had a playoff back in 2000 probably wins the national title two years after having like 28 straight losing seasons.

I just look at teams like Oregon, Stanford, Baylor, Boise State, TCU, Wisconsin, Michigan State in recent years who have all had great success recently and none match Auburn's Bullshit "Iron Laws".
    I guess I misunderstood.

Yes bowl wise I agree.