Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac12 Network Update

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
Commissioner Scott and the Pac12 University Presidents that enable him...

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Network deems football fans too stupid to grasp the complexities of its strategy.

People who just want to watch football are thus not even in the equation of how the conference develops is road map.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Has David Woods ever been the commissioner of Women's Tennis?

That's what I thought.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
    Complexity is an excuse for failure. We? understand all too well.

The Pac 12 is positioned to be #1 in the vast wasteland of post Coronavirsus China

By 2024 when this complex idea comes to fruition the Pac 12 will be a non power 5 league
    for the record, I typically do a 3 month Sling subscription each Fall to watch a few football games. Yes I overpay big time for those games when my sub $40/month X 3 months and the games are usually a shitty UW non-conf game (or 2) plus the odd shitty USC or Oregon game... but my point is that I have had access to the Pac12 Networks and what I can tell you is that outside of the 3-4 football games a year I watch the rest of the programming on the network is horrible.

There is literally NOTHING on the Pac12 Networks that I find interesting. Just a bunch of shitty 'who cares?' sports or re-runs of shit that doesn't matter. It's literally the equivalent of watching some parents' home movies of their own kids because that is the only audience I can imagine watches is.

Is there some kind of "Pac12 Food Road Show" type program to see campus favorites around the league like the other networks have? Nope. Nothing...shitty network that costs a lot and has almost zero value proposition for a normal sports fan (normal = someone who doesn't have a kid playing in a sport that shows on the network).

Complexity is an excuse for failure. We? understand all too well.

The Pac 12 is positioned to be #1 in the vast wasteland of post Coronavirsus China

By 2024 when this complex idea comes to fruition the Pac 12 will be a non power 5 league

sports fans don't give a shit if the business model is complex. it's more binary than that. Is the game on? Yes or No. If yes, can I watch it? Yes or No. If no, your brand will suffer. It's not that complex at all that when I don't have access to stuff I like that I find alternatives. That girl I was dating dumped me...of course I eventually move on. Pac12 Networks just doesn't get it at all.

By the time they are available to regular people nobody will care anymore. They're doubling down on a bad strategy. They get extra unlucky because while USC is down the LA fanbase is falling in love with their 2 new NFL teams.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
    I watch a lot of great specials on the other league networks. I enjoy the history of the leagues.

Partnering with ESPN is worth it for their docs

There is nothing on the Pac12
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter

I watch a lot of great specials on the other league networks. I enjoy the history of the leagues.

Partnering with ESPN is worth it for their docs

There is nothing on the Pac12

The Bowden Dynasty on the ACC Network was great.

That ol' fella could coach some ball, dadgummit.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,542 Founders Club
    Meek said:

for the record, I typically do a 3 month Sling subscription each Fall to watch a few football games. Yes I overpay big time for those games when my sub $40/month X 3 months and the games are usually a shitty UW non-conf game (or 2) plus the odd shitty USC or Oregon game... but my point is that I have had access to the Pac12 Networks and what I can tell you is that outside of the 3-4 football games a year I watch the rest of the programming on the network is horrible.

There is literally NOTHING on the Pac12 Networks that I find interesting. Just a bunch of shitty 'who cares?' sports or re-runs of shit that doesn't matter. It's literally the equivalent of watching some parents' home movies of their own kids because that is the only audience I can imagine watches is.

Is there some kind of "Pac12 Food Road Show" type program to see campus favorites around the league like the other networks have? Nope. Nothing...shitty network that costs a lot and has almost zero value proposition for a normal sports fan (normal = someone who doesn't have a kid playing in a sport that shows on the network).

Puppy was right about the P 12 Network....
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,536 Swaye's Wigwam
    The only thing separating the Pac 12 and the mountain west at this point is the absolute hate crime the Pac 12's #4 put on the mountain west's #1.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

The only thing separating the Pac 12 and the mountain west at this point is the absolute hate crime the Pac 12's #4 put on the mountain west's #1.

PAC-12's #5, which makes your point even stronger.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Larry Scott must be sodomized by rusty hookah pipe.

YBFE
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

Larry Scott must be sodomized by rusty hookah pipe.

I'm starting to wonder if @PurpleBaze is even capable of delivering quality content like this.
    Baze now that someone has owned his schtick

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

Direct TV executive, is that you?