Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ouch NFL.COM (Regarding Salvon Ahmed)

PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 116
edited February 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
Wonder if coming out early was a smart move Ahmed?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/salvon-ahmed?id=32194148-4d08-8990-8df4-f46ca7aff75b

Overview
Scatback who is light on his feet but suffers from a debilitating lack of vision and decisiveness that prevents him from reaching his athletic potential as a runner. Ahmed lacks feel for blocking scheme and run-lane development, but even struggled to see it and hit the gas when clear points of entry were available. He can hit a daily goal with the amount of steps he uses on each carry, but it prevents him from being able to plant and go with much-needed efficiency. He's athletic with open-field speed, but leaves too many chunk plays out on the field and faces an uphill battle to make a team.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Exactly what we have been saying
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Everyone here could see he never got any better from year to year. Maybe a little more physical, but not that much, and he never got any better at reading blocks. Another year probably wouldn't do much, but he really had no reason to leave early.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Zierlein on Trey:

After watching his 2016 tape in the summer of 2017, I came away believing Adams might be the most talented young tackle in college football. However, a 2017 ACL tear and 2018 back injury have taken several points away from his athletic rating.

I remember when Dennis gave me shit for saying that. It was one of the few good takes I had back then. Zierlein knows how to evaluate offensive linemen. Too bad about the injuries.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/salvon-ahmed?id=32194148-4d08-8990-8df4-f46ca7aff75b

Overview
    Scatback who is light on his feet but suffers from a debilitating lack of vision and decisiveness that prevents him from reaching his athletic potential as a runner. Ahmed lacks feel for blocking scheme and run-lane development, but even struggled to see it and hit the gas when clear points of entry were available. He can hit a daily goal with the amount of steps he uses on each carry, but it prevents him from being able to plant and go with much-needed efficiency. He's athletic with open-field speed, but leaves too many chunk plays out on the field and faces an uphill battle to make a team.

@backthepack what say you?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,942 Swaye's Wigwam
    Going to the draft made no sense at all. I wont be surprised if he goes undrafted. He could have had a nice senior season on a good team and couldn't have hurt his pro prospects a bit (since he's a shaky prospect to begin with).
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like a wide receiver to me

Fuck you BTP
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Damone was right. Again.

I’m right about Eason too

Overview

It's almost like somebody on this board was saying ALL this before. I can't remember who that was.

And who were the retards who had the opposite hot take? Stand and answer for yourselves.

"Ahmed is elite. Lol."
    It was me.
    Well. He has a short shelf life and needs to take care of his family.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    chuck said:

Going to the draft made no sense at all. I wont be surprised if he goes undrafted. He could have had a nice senior season on a good team and couldn't have hurt his pro prospects a bit (since he's a shaky prospect to begin with).

He wasnt getting better and was going to cede even more carries if not the starting job to Newton.

His entire value is based around tricking someone into looking at his underwear Olympic numbers and taking a shot on him in round 4-6. Might as well go now rather after another season of minimal improvement when they will have more tape of his poor blocking, bad vision, and abysmal balance/feel.

Ahmed is a good athlete, playing bad football, used and coached poorly by the UW staff.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,191
    He'll either convert to being a WR or not make it in the league. Either way, practice squad player. Still think he made the right decision in leaving, though. His stock want going to magically jump next year after losing carries to Wild Dick.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,456 Founders Club

Everyone here could see he never got any better from year to year. Maybe a little more physical, but not that much, and he never got any better at reading blocks. Another year probably wouldn't do much, but he really had no reason to leave early.

He was better this year. I don’t think we gave him the best coaching or used him in the best way. Sometimes he would run into his blockers and other times he would be too patient and miss the holes.

He didn’t appear to have great feel at UW but maybe part of that was coaching. I thought he would be a better player for us, but he was still pretty good. At the same time, I don’t know if we will miss him very much.
    Running backs aren't really "coached", other than to pass block. You don't teach vision and feel. You got it or you don't.
    I don't completely agree. We watched Louis Rankin go from clueless as a sophomore to a short NFL career. He got better. Ahmed got slightly better, but as 99% of us said, leaving early was a mistake.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    I’m convinced if all he did was the jet sweep he'd have been lethal and the entire offense would have opened up.

Give him one read one angle and put pressure on the D to contain his ass. Sometimes football is as simple as having the faster guy beat the slower guy to a spot.