Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I do have an actual "What I'm hearing..."

2»

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Sure are a ton of Doogs in here when it comes to Tosh.

Sure are a ton of dipshits in here. Actually, right now it's just you and 1 or 2 others.
  • Passion said:

Sure are a ton of Doogs in here when it comes to Tosh.

Sure are a ton of dipshits in here. Actually, right now it's just you and 1 or 2 others.
    You should look in the mirror or shall we revisit that one thread again where everyone in the thread was disagreeing with you.

Doogman is more your style.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club
    dnc said:

This thread.

4. Speed, speed, speed

Those boys look ready to rumble
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

I'd like to see Pete get Randy Hart back. He is developing studs at Stanford.

I'm hearing anyone can win at Stanford, which is why it was so easy for them to bounce back from 1-11.

So be careful about translating success from Stanford to Washington.

• topdawgnc said:

I'd like to see Pete get Randy Hart back. He is developing studs at Stanford.

I'm hearing anyone can win at Stanford, which is why it was so easy for them to bounce back from 1-11.

So be careful about translating success from Stanford to Washington.

You can never fault a kid for choosing Stanford over us.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,947 Swaye's Wigwam
    I say he's over rated in that he is talked about like he walks on water. He's a good recruiter but he hadn't performed any miracles at UW so far. He had a connection with Thompson which worked out great. We reportedly had McCarthy nearly in (a guy who was also almost at Cal) but lost out on him at the end. He obviously played a big role in the good (not great...how could it be great with no 300 lber when the roster was crying for one) DL class last year. DL recruiting showed no signs of being stellar for 2014 though.

Some of you overreact so comically. Saying he's overrated, given the status of his legend, is not the equivalent of saying he's not good. There's a ton of room in between.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,473
    The twatterverse is saying the BSU DL coach is staying in BoysTown, so maybe Tosh is staying. I think whoever CP hires to coach the DL better be good at developing talent. I would rather make good linemen than rely on Tosh and his recruiting rep. He may be a good recruiter, but I have yet to see any evidence he can develop what he recruits.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    Evan Hudson seemed to have improved a lot as the year went on and everyone's favorite Talia Chrictoeronon seemed to make a tackle last year which I don't think he did in the previous years.
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,257
    edited December 2013

The twatterverse is saying the BSU DL coach is staying in BoysTown, so maybe Tosh is staying. I think whoever CP hires to coach the DL better be good at developing talent. I would rather make good linemen than rely on Tosh and his recruiting rep. He may be a good recruiter, but I have yet to see any evidence he can develop what he recruits.

DC/DL Pete Kwiatkowski is still coming so I wouldn't read too much into their DL coach staying.

Either Wilcox or Tosh is gone or both -- I'm guessing the latter.

If Petersen wins early, like consecutive 10-win seasons the first two seasons which I think should be expected, recruits will come regardless we have janitors and history professors as assistant coaches.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

USC wants Tosh, but when it came to light that he was allegedly already recruiting for Sark, Pat Haden became very anxious because he is concerned that they might violate their probation by officially bringing him on board.

IMO Tosh is overrated anyway.

So...what does being "very anxious" mean? Does usc want Tosh or not?
    That wasn't part of what he was hearing. Are you new here?
    edited December 2013
    ... and anyone who trusts Lupoi deserves a colonoscopy with these ...

performed by this guy ...

then dying this way ...

Bump bump bumpity bump bump
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    You were wrong, before you were right.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    SC will get stud talent one way or another ...

What they don't need is guys that will leave paper trails of cheating