Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

talked with my Oregon friend this afternoon about Petersen

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I think recruiting is a tad overrated by most doogs and player development is vastly underrated.

You look at the Seahawks first couple of drafts most were shitting on Carroll's picks as he was "reaching" but turns out he knew what he was doing. Plus he develop talent better than anyone so the team is now loaded.

I think Petersen will be the same where we might not necessarily have top 10 classes(neither does Oregon) but when it's all said and done the wins will pile up.

Sark had four straight ranked recruiting classes yet this year still could only go 5-4 in league play. I can't remember a player in Sark's tenure who progressively got better year to year. Some made great leaps in a year to year basis but not consistently year to year he was better.

I think all said and done Petersen will still end up with a good class. I do look forward to the player development something we haven't had since the James years.

I agree about player development, but it's no coincidence that the best teams typically have the highest rated recruiting classes. It's important to get good talent. I'm not worried about this class. It won't be great, but we will have some good players in it, and I have more faith in Petersen finding "diamonds in the rough" (hate that fucking term) than Sark. This recruiting shit is getting overblown. It's not like Petersen is taking all of his Boise commits. He's taking the ones that he has evaluated and he thinks can cut it at UW.

• I think recruiting is a tad overrated by most doogs and player development is vastly underrated.

You look at the Seahawks first couple of drafts most were shitting on Carroll's picks as he was "reaching" but turns out he knew what he was doing. Plus he develop talent better than anyone so the team is now loaded.

I think Petersen will be the same where we might not necessarily have top 10 classes(neither does Oregon) but when it's all said and done the wins will pile up.

Sark had four straight ranked recruiting classes yet this year still could only go 5-4 in league play. I can't remember a player in Sark's tenure who progressively got better year to year. Some made great leaps in a year to year basis but not consistently year to year he was better.

I think all said and done Petersen will still end up with a good class. I do look forward to the player development something we haven't had since the James years.

I agree about player development, but it's no coincidence that the best teams typically have the highest rated recruiting classes. It's important to get good talent. I'm not worried about this class. It won't be great, but we will have some good players in it, and I have more faith in Petersen finding "diamonds in the rough" (hate that fucking term) than Sark. This recruiting shit is getting overblown. It's not like Petersen is taking all of his Boise commits. He's taking the ones that he has evaluated and he thinks can cut it at UW.

Why I said a tad overrated by Doogs. I think getting hung up on each individual recruit is fucking stupid.

I think recruiting matters and there is a reason why the best teams always have top ranked classes.

My point is for guys like PassionFS freaking out after just one week. I think Petersen won't have top 10 classes but will get much better results out of his players he brings in than Sark did.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

I think recruiting is a tad overrated by most doogs and player development is vastly underrated.

Allrussellallwilson tried explaining on another bored that there's no such thing as a reach in the NFL draft.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    This is where we sit back ... Watch what Pete does ..

He's not a tard ...

Let him do what he feels is best. We will know in relatively short order if he's the guy or not ... Right now he's getting who he thinks he can mold into PAC 12 players in a micro recruiting period.

I for one will trust him ....

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,870 Founders Club

Oops my bad Derek, I jumped your mess too early. I appologize. Fuck even the great sugarlove screws up here and there.

No worries
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

He also said:

"Back when Kiffin got fired, a friend of mine said wouldn't it be great if USC hired Sark? And then Woodward would fuck up the next hire with another unknown coordinator, and so both USC and UW would be fucked for years to come."

Derek im not bitching about recruiting. Speak for your fucking self . You should know better. Even Kim hasn't thrown in the recruiting towel yet. You sound like a fucktarded doog.

Petersen should have Mixon committed already? Honestly I read this post and assumed more_time wrote it. When I saw your name I could only say "what a fucktardo!" Sheesh! No offense I guess!
    Who's more_time? Does he post here?
  • He also said:

"Back when Kiffin got fired, a friend of mine said wouldn't it be great if USC hired Sark? And then Woodward would fuck up the next hire with another unknown coordinator, and so both USC and UW would be fucked for years to come."

Derek im not bitching about recruiting. Speak for your fucking self . You should know better. Even Kim hasn't thrown in the recruiting towel yet. You sound like a fucktarded doog.

Petersen should have Mixon committed already? Honestly I read this post and assumed more_time wrote it. When I saw your name I could only say "what a fucktardo!" Sheesh! No offense I guess!
    Who's more_time? Does he post here?
    I'm hearing PLSS needs more time in here to get this place. Perhaps he should PM Irish as he has this place dialed in.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

You should tell the ex husky who said Petersen was recruiting BSU quality to shut the fuck right up.

if Sark had recruited Boise St talent over the past 5 years, we would have won a helluva lot more games.

• You should tell the ex husky who said Petersen was recruiting BSU quality to shut the fuck right up.

if Sark had recruited Boise St talent over the past 5 years, we would have won a helluva lot more games.

Disagree, in this scenario Sark is still the coach so you can't expect to do better than 5-4 in conference play.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Nice try, but no one believes you have friends.

Even Oregon friends.

I told him how some people are bitching that Petersen is bringing a small time recruiting mentality or even whiffing on recruits he should get--- after one week.

"Really? Petersen has gotten several guys that Oregon wanted over the last few years... And hasn't Boise State put more guys in the NFL over the last 8-10 years than Washington?"