Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

talked with my Oregon friend this afternoon about Petersen

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,870 Founders Club
I told him how some people are bitching that Petersen is bringing a small time recruiting mentality or even whiffing on recruits he should get--- after one week.

"Really? Petersen has gotten several guys that Oregon wanted over the last few years... And hasn't Boise State put more guys in the NFL over the last 8-10 years than Washington?"

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,870 Founders Club
    He also said:

"Back when Kiffin got fired, a friend of mine said wouldn't it be great if USC hired Sark? And then Woodward would fuck up the next hire with another unknown coordinator, and so both USC and UW would be fucked for years to come."
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    can we get more of these anecdotes from you? I enjoy what you're hearing.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,870 Founders Club
    Meek said:

get the popcorn ready
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Meek said:

cool. for a while there you were posting less than Adam Jude.

Shots fired.
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 765

Meek said:

get the popcorn ready
    C'mon now. This is why I pay the big bucks.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Is that what you're hearing?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    Stop quashing Passion
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    You should tell the ex husky who said Petersen was recruiting BSU quality to shut the fuck right up.

You should tell the ex husky who said Petersen was recruiting BSU quality to shut the fuck right up.

oh snap!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Meek said:

cool. for a while there you were posting less than Adam Jude.

There haven't been many interesting stories about black people recently.
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 467 Swaye's Wigwam
    God, you're starting to sound like KG...."What I'm hearing"....?

I told him how some people are bitching that Petersen is bringing a small time recruiting mentality or even whiffing on recruits he should get--- after one week.

"Really? Petersen has gotten several guys that Oregon wanted over the last few years... And hasn't Boise State put more guys in the NFL over the last 8-10 years than Washington?"

:-& :D
    some of you need to learn the difference between an opinion and a rumor
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    As I've suspected for some time, some ducks are becoming arrogant. You invited smack about UW's new head football coach...... and didn't get any. That's certainly more arrogant than a whimpering doog peeing on the floor and shaking nervously about the Petersen mistake.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

He also said:

"Back when Kiffin got fired, a friend of mine said wouldn't it be great if USC hired Sark? And then Woodward would fuck up the next hire with another unknown coordinator, and so both USC and UW would be fucked for years to come."

Derek im not bitching about recruiting. Speak for your fucking self . You should know better. Even Kim hasn't thrown in the recruiting towel yet. You sound like a fucktarded doog.

Petersen should have Mixon committed already? Honestly I read this post and assumed more_time wrote it. When I saw your name I could only say "what a fucktardo!" Sheesh! No offense I guess!

He also said:

Derek im not bitching about recruiting. Speak for your fucking self . You should know better. Even Kim hasn't thrown in the recruiting towel yet. You sound like a fucktarded doog.

Petersen should have Mixon committed already? Honestly I read this post and assumed more_time wrote it. When I saw your name I could only say "what a fucktardo!" Sheesh! No offense I guess!
    You should read my post more closely. I haven't complained about recruiting. I can't even tell you who the commits were prior to Sark's bolting for USC.
    Oops my bad Derek, I jumped your mess too early. I appologize. Fuck even the great sugarlove screws up here and there.
    Just skimmed your post. You're prolly ready to jump off the wagon and over the cliff anyway, but I shouldnt have jumped your shit.
  • I think recruiting is a tad overrated by most doogs and player development is vastly underrated.

You look at the Seahawks first couple of drafts most were shitting on Carroll's picks as he was "reaching" but turns out he knew what he was doing. Plus he develop talent better than anyone so the team is now loaded.

I think Petersen will be the same where we might not necessarily have top 10 classes(neither does Oregon) but when it's all said and done the wins will pile up.

Sark had four straight ranked recruiting classes yet this year still could only go 5-4 in league play. I can't remember a player in Sark's tenure who progressively got better year to year. Some made great leaps in a year to year basis but not consistently year to year he was better.

I think all said and done Petersen will still end up with a good class. I do look forward to the player development something we haven't had since the James years.