Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

More farce Petersen recruiting

I'm hearing some 5 star recruit that UW was seeking under Sark who had very little interest coming to UW to begin with has now completely ruled UW out. Petersen is a fucking terrible recruiter.

Are we about to go 0-12 for the next 3-4 seasons? I am really worried about Petersen's recruiting, this isn't Boise State anymore! :((

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,830 Founders Club
    WDWHA... He is just another soft 5* Sark pussy. If they don't BLEED purple, don't WANT to be here, and aren't willing to work HARD, then good riddance.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

I'm hearing some 5 star recruit that UW was seeking under Sark who had very little interest coming to UW to begin with has now completely ruled UW out. Petersen is a fucking terrible recruiter.

Are we about to go 0-12 for the next 3-4 seasons? I am really worried about Petersen's recruiting, this isn't Boise State anymore! :((

You are a whiney cunt. Fuck off!
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    He'll never qualify.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Jesus Christ, Peete's been here for a bit over a week, and already this?

There is a serious risk, though, if the class does not pan out, of hearing "team is young" even worse than usual in the near term future. Without ASJ, bishop, and Price, the offense will already be "young."

Watch it!
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Seriously.

I don't pay $10.95 a month to hear about teenage boys.

More Hardcore Husky Bitches ...

Less bitching about young boys in tight pants.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    He is obviously an idiot with character issues.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    edited December 2013
    Uwdoogpound is concerned we may no longer be in on dalton Shultz, the best TE prospect in the country, ignoring the fact that there was 0% chance he was ever coming here.

Honestly, this roster & coach Pete are good enough to survive a mediocre class. Get a couple of studs (baker & mcgary) and a bunch of average other guys (OKGs!) and we'll be fine.

Next year has a lot of really good in-state talent, and I think Petersen will get most of them.

Edited to add that Ecklund and Kim and Fatters have been trashing a current commit (Curtis) because he has a couple kids, supposedly is an academic risk, bad family situation, etc. They're literally telling people to forget about him because he's a mess. It's bizarre. Especially because BSU was his first offer (OKG!), and he would be a great addition at a position of need.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    edited December 2013
    Not worried about recruits at this point.

Shitty Recruits+Great Coaching >>>Great Recruits+Shitty Coaching
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    Let's also ignore that doogman is rooting for the illiness of Budda's mother to win, so UW will have a 33% chance of landing Budda Baker. If the illness loses, count this as a 0% as well.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333

I am not going to sit here and say that "stars" don't correlate with success. The teams that are winning typically have top 25 recruiting classes. However, I am not going to kick and scream about this recruiting class.

You have to remember HS players develop relationships with coaches over YEARS. So when you change a coach in the middle of a season why would a recruit who commited to a certain coach stay when he doesn't have any sort of relationship with the new HC (Lockett for example). And the players who you were recruiting before aren't going to have the school as high as they did because most of them probably have never even fucking met the coach.

tl;dr If you are really are worried about Petersen's recruiting a couple weeks in his coaching tenure in the middle of an active season you probably need to DIAFF.

This makes too much sense. Sounds like you have an agenda.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

I am not going to sit here and say that "stars" don't correlate with success. The teams that are winning typically have top 25 recruiting classes. However, I am not going to kick and scream about this recruiting class.

You have to remember HS players develop relationships with coaches over YEARS. So when you change a coach in the middle of a season why would a recruit who commited to a certain coach stay when he doesn't have any sort of relationship with the new HC (Lockett for example). And the players who you were recruiting before aren't going to have the school as high as they did because most of them probably have never even fucking met the coach.

tl;dr If you are really are worried about Petersen's recruiting a couple weeks in his coaching tenure in the middle of an active season you probably need to DIAFF.

This makes too much sense. Sounds like you have an agenda.
    Thanks for tuning in.
    ;)
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I'm hearing Cameron Robinson and Damion Mama are no longer interested in UW now that Pete is here.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

I'm hearing Cameron Robinson and Damion Mama are no longer interested in UW now that Pete is here.

Passion will not take this news well.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I'm also hearing Pete just picks off Baldwin's visit list.... and that shit just ain't gonna work at here at warshington.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

He'll never qualify.

Never qualify as what? A five star recruit or a whiney cunt? Hopefully neither.

• I am not going to sit here and say that "stars" don't correlate with success. The teams that are winning typically have top 25 recruiting classes. However, I am not going to kick and scream about this recruiting class.

PassionFS silence to this post speaks volumes.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

This may be true for a program such as UW's which has not been idolized or respected by local and regional kids for a long time as Husky Football once was for many years. There are consequences to allowing our football program to be trashed so badly and the decline in recruiting is just as bad if not worse than losing 25,000 in season ticket sales.