Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

LA Times writer witnessed Kobe copter crash

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tequilla said:

Not going anywhere Derek ...

What I’m calling out are both monumental and tragic events that in the time/place were moment stands still events

The 30 year old ago me combined with what we knew about HIV at the time ... hard to explain

Today ... just straight out tragic

But go ahead and judge people’s opinions and emotions ... particularly mine because you’ve been so “dialed in” with regards to my thoughts in the past

You're taking this personally when in reality I didn't judge you at all. I merely gave my opinion that these are two separate tragedies that are apples and oranges.

You also say you're not going anywhere, as if you're standing in defiance of me somehow. You're welcome here, and I am not trying to drive you from HH.

I think you're reacting emotionally to the tragedy (which is understandable) and you're perceiving slights where none exist.
    Shocking. Just shocking.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm heartbroken. I hope I can recover
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I can’t believe you people worrying about some basketball guy dying when we already have net neutrality and Paris climate accords killing scores of people every day.

Mass extinction and lost childhoods
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Not going anywhere Derek ...

What I’m calling out are both monumental and tragic events that in the time/place were moment stands still events

The 30 year old ago me combined with what we knew about HIV at the time ... hard to explain

Today ... just straight out tragic

But go ahead and judge people’s opinions and emotions ... particularly mine because you’ve been so “dialed in” with regards to my thoughts in the past

JFC shut up already. He didn't know you and you didn't know him. Go on now and write it in your diary and get it out of your system. Quit fighting for strangers. We all think it sucks, but get a fucking grip Sally.

And another thing. You don't come to HCH and talk to a man like Stalin like that! He was making his bones while you were dating football players. Just who the fuck do you think you are?
    Saavedra with an all time awful hairline.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

umm what

teq there's no comparison even if we go with the whole HIV is a death sentence angle

no comparison

For real. A cancer diagnosis with a year to live isn’t even the same.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

"it was a foggy morning, with visibility at less than 60 feet."

"Using binoculars, I was able to see the aircraft had been torn apart and was on fire."

ok.gif

My buddy is a pilot for Alaska and did a Sea-San Diego flight around the same time and he said he couldn’t see shit and was a little scared himself. When he landed he learned Kobe died in a very similar place to where he lost visibility.

Should I call Alaska HR? Guys flying 737s aren’t allowed to get even a little scared.
    It could have been embellished. I don’t know dick about flying.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2020
    Tequilla said:

It doesn’t matter at this point

What matters is families were ripped apart at their core

And way down the pecking order the world of basketball lost an influencer that had the power to influence both men’s and women’s basketball going forward in a profound way

For as great as Kobe was on the court ... he held the power to be a greater influence off of it

It’s beyond a sad day ...

And fuck anybody that wants to come out with a “I seen it” perspective

It was. Kobe and his daughter lost what were beautiful lives. And 3 other families lost their’s too.

He’s a top 3-5 all time guy. When the money was on the line, there has been no one more clutch than He.

He’s done a ton of good after retirement, including impacting a ton of kid’s lives for the better. He had his hiccup a long time ago and has been a good man by all accounts since then.

But I’m sorry, I never liked him. As I say above, He’s a great player, a 5 time Champ and lived a hugely contributive life.

I have to admit, I never watched any of his vlogs or the espn thing, or really anything after He retired. Maybe my opinion would have changed if I did.

There’s NO qualitative reason why I disliked Kobe and yesterday’s news stopped my watch like everyone else. It’s as sad a day as we’ve had, Be it sports related, or not in a long time. I feel worse for all of the people who lost their parents, kids, spouses, side pieces and siblings. And I’m sad that the world didn’t get to see all of things that Kobe would have done in a full life.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

"it was a foggy morning, with visibility at less than 60 feet."

"Using binoculars, I was able to see the aircraft had been torn apart and was on fire."

ok.gif

My buddy is a pilot for Alaska and did a Sea-San Diego flight around the same time and he said he couldn’t see shit and was a little scared himself. When he landed he learned Kobe died in a very similar place to where he lost visibility.
    Sounds like you have quite the connection to it.
    Damone on fire today! I keep LOL’ing