Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Official HH Book Club List

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

@pawz recommended this book somewheres, maybe the late @creepycoug's shitty bored. Anyhow, really good, thanks.

I just got done reading this too. Thank you @pawz. I appreciated how Voss acknowledged (unlike most business books) that there *is* quite a bit of emotion involved in negotiating. I almost wish we could do this as a book club selection.
    I legit use his stuff every fucking day.

I tried using some of the techniques yesterday with a customer service agent but I botched it badly. Still, good practice and I know what I did wrong for next time.

But I so far have had a 100% success rate with the “Are you giving up on x?” email.
    That one is FIRE.

My favorite is offering someone the opportunity to say 'no'. Especially when they are 50/50 on doing something, they usually capitulate.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021
    It's embarrassing it took me to the 3rd ellipses post to catch on. For shame.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

@pawz recommended this book somewheres, maybe the late @creepycoug's shitty bored. Anyhow, really good, thanks.

I just got done reading this too. Thank you @pawz. I appreciated how Voss acknowledged (unlike most business books) that there *is* quite a bit of emotion involved in negotiating. I almost wish we could do this as a book club selection.
    Book club selection...

How am I supposed to do that?
    Yore* the mod, make it so.
    Ps,

How am I supposed to accept that answer when you organized the last book club read?

Book club read...
    You can hang on your own ellipses*... ANSWER THE QUESTION!

*NTSD technique noted

Nice to meet you, my name is Grundle. I'd sure like to do that, it's a fair request, but I simply have used all my bandwidth.
    So there is really nothing you can do, you're powerless?

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

How am I supposed to accept that answer when you organized the last book club read?

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

Nice to meet you, my name is Grundle. I'd sure like to do that, it's a fair request, but I simply have used all my bandwidth.
    *Late night DJ voice* @pawz is gone now. I’m Doog__de_Jour, you’ll be talking to me now.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

I've given up on that project.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

Voss said you should be meeting your counterpart face-to-face.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

Voss said you should be meeting your counterpart face-to-face.

• Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

*Late night DJ voice* @pawz is gone now. I’m Doog__de_Jour, you’ll be talking to me now.

Lots of belly laughs in this thread.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

Given up on that project...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

That's right.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

That's right.
    You're so good at it, how am I supposed to accept that?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

That's right.
    Accept that...
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

That's right.
    Accept that...
    How?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021
    Alright, before the thread is killed—on deadline—I'll cut the malarkey because I've run out of it.

Anyone can fire up a book clerb thread. Last (only?) one kinda thudded a little, which is fine. It was a great book, and some good discussion both in the thread, and via PMs.

And @pawz that book was teh tehts, thanks again. I'm going to order a paperback copy, there's a lot I'd like to reference back to, and audiobook just ain't so good at that.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

You know @DerekJohnson's late night voice!?

My first HardcoreHusky scandal! I'm gonna go get my popcorn.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Alright, before the thread is killed—on deadline—I'll cut the malarkey because I've run out of it.

Anyone can fire up a book clerb thread. Last (only?) one kinda thudded a little, which is fine. It was a great book, and some good discussion both in the thread, and via PMs.

And @pawz that book was teh tehts, thanks again. I'm going to order a paperback copy, there's a lot I'd like to reference back to, and audiobook just ain't so good at that.

For NSTD ... @creepycoug. Finance bored. Belongs.

TBH, I'm not sure I've read the book all the way through, however I've listened to it on audio, and probably listened a couple hundred hours of CV on youtube.

Yore very welcum.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

For NSTD ... @creepycoug. Finance bored. Belongs.

TBH, I'm not sure I've read the book all the way through, however I've listened to it on audio, and probably listened a couple hundred hours of CV on youtube.

Yore very welcum.

No shit? Thanks fam.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Book club selection...

Ps,

Book club read...

*NTSD technique noted

You know @DerekJohnson's late night voice!?

My first HardcoreHusky scandal! I'm gonna go get my popcorn.
    Ha. DJ is disc jockey in this case, sorry to disappoint you.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I’d taken a break from military memoirs for a bit.

A Million Steps. Good, straightforward account of a Marine battalion in Afghanistan, written by a Vietnam vet turned writer.
    https://share.libbyapp.com/title/1815139

Into the Fire. By Dakota Meyer, MoH winner, been a guest on Jocko & Rogan pods multiple times. Ex-son-in-law of Sarah Palin.
    https://share.libbyapp.com/title/674821
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    This might have been a suggestion by @Doog_de_Jour .
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6306969-an-edible-history-of-humanity

Good chit. And not all happy eatings either. Some seriously dark shit including Holodomor.