Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just received email from a former Husky player

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Lol so people want Sarks "recruiting" back already?
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Agreed and I assume most others on this bored agree also.

However, developing players also matters, and until now, it's been over 20 years since we had a coach who could develop players. At least Petersen has done so in the past.

We'll get a lot of press if Petersen wins this coming season - and with the shitty schedule that's possible.

That will help future recruiting.

Anyone who thought he should have walked in and begun stealing recruits from the top programs are delusional. We had a shitty class before him and we could end up with a shitty class.

Three years is how long it takes to judge a coach - though you have a pretty good idea before three years.
    Passion said:

Sorry, but I think the former player has a point. I don't completely drink the kool-aid from any coach until he has proven himself at UW (not at boise), including in recruiting. This class is going to suck, and it's not his fault. Any time there is a transition recruiting suffers, but let's see how he salvages this class. Frankly I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on how petersen performs as a recruiter at UW.

I'm excited about petersen for a number of reasons, but recruiting is one area that has me concerned.

Some people here may not worry about having crappy recruiting classes, but believe it or not bringing in good players matters.

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Lol so people want Sarks "recruiting" back already?

Nope. Who said they wanted sark's "recruiting" back?
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    mobey said:

Agreed and I assume most others on this bored agree also.

However, developing players also matters, and until now, it's been over 20 years since we had a coach who could develop players. At least Petersen has done so in the past.

We'll get a lot of press if Petersen wins this coming season - and with the shitty schedule that's possible.

That will help future recruiting.

Anyone who thought he should have walked in and begun stealing recruits from the top programs are delusional. We had a shitty class before him and we could end up with a shitty class.

Three years is how long it takes to judge a coach - though you have a pretty good idea before three years.

Passion said:

Sorry, but I think the former player has a point. I don't completely drink the kool-aid from any coach until he has proven himself at UW (not at boise), including in recruiting. This class is going to suck, and it's not his fault. Any time there is a transition recruiting suffers, but let's see how he salvages this class. Frankly I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude on how petersen performs as a recruiter at UW.

I'm excited about petersen for a number of reasons, but recruiting is one area that has me concerned.

Some people here may not worry about having crappy recruiting classes, but believe it or not bringing in good players matters.

It takes 15 games.
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    Passion said:

While I don't necesarily agree with that particular point, maybe because I don't really follow teen stocking, I also think the doogism over Petersen hire has gone a bit far. Yes, this is a great hire, one that had me pumped like most people here, but we should still observe a wait and see approach on some points now that we had time to digest the news.
    I'll give another example: the "molder of men" personality he has shown since his introduction. Yes, it's a great bonus if he turns out to be this father figure type to the players, but quite honestly ( ;) ) i don't give a shit about that if we don't win games first. I can't believe everybody is sucking his dick so much for things Ty could have said in his times.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Passion said:

Why would this have you concerned?

He was at Oregon, so he understands P12 recruiting needs.

He recruited well at BSU.

He spoke to Bellotti about Washington being a sleeping giant because of the facilities, traditions, etc.

Win first ... show me championships ... I am on board.

But ... I don't know a fucking thing about chasing young high school players and twitting in their language ... and being a stalker ...

So I can't judge him on his abilities in this area ... If you can pleases elaborate.

I am smart enough to know you just don't walk in and start pulling in 5 star linemen who were never recruited by your predecessor. Well ... unless you are Pete Carroll at SC.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,953 Founders Club

I can't believe everybody is sucking his dick so much for things Ty could have said in his times.

Some people listen to rhetoric. Others look at results. Thus far Petersen has gotten results. Willingham was a proven failure when the idiots at Washington hired him. Petersen sent an un-athletic small QB from Prosser into the NFL. Willingham whiffed on two first team all-american prep QBs while at Stanford.

The idiots who ignored the results and ate up the shit Willingham fed them are still likely idiots today. They'll suck the dick of any leader from their chosen tribe, sports coaches to partisan leaders to Hollywood liars despite the results. It grinds my gears too that these idiots are now on the bandwagon going in the direction I prefer. But just because the bandwagon is mostly traveling in the same direction does not mean we are riding the same bus. There will always be a short bus (like dm.c) to drag these idiots around in.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club
    topdawgnc said:

Sure is warm out for February.

Al Queda disagrees

Snow Falls In Cairo For The First Time In More Than 100 Years
    obligatory: praise allah
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited December 2013
    Someone with more intelligence than myself look up head to head battles with BSU and UW. I think he won most of them. I know I liked their safety, he was a strong Sark lean until BSU offered him. The kid from Hawaii
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Passion said:

Well fuck passion, we're going to have to wait 4- 5 years to see if those dlinemen pan out under Pete. Hope you're patient. Until then keep your hole shut.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited December 2013
    Passion said:

It is becoming increasingly evident Sarkisian quit on UW long ago. Even so, he was never going to return the program to elite status.

I recognize there is doubt about Petersen. But, let's not forget how many other big programs have wanted him. It appears he brings a focus that has not been present at UW since James resigned.

I would like to know who the former Husky player was coached by. Petersen coming from Boise State > Don James from Kent State. I am hoping Petersen restores the program to James' legacy.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    15 games. Win or GTFO.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    If anyone is concerned about Coach P they are fucktarded. This conversation should be all about Woody at this point.
  • Bitching about Petersen already is just as stupid as Doogs praising Sark after a KICK ASS! Presser.

Petersen will be defined by wins and losses. After year two if we go 8-5, 7-6 then I'll be bitching about him.

Freaking out over recruiting when it's awfully cold for February is dumb.

Let's judge him on Saturday's during September-November.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I'm going to let petersen recruit who he wants.