Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Healthcare update

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,131
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

This isn't about me. I'm healthy. Its about a system where a provider has to charge 2,000 more if you have insurance. Which is now an over priced pile of shit thanks to the same idiots who want to give us free healthcare

I'm so far ahead paying cash it's not even funny. It's an illustration

I dont need anyone's sympathy. And I'm not signing my life over to the government for free healthcare that isn't free and sucks

That's how they pay for all the people that don't pay. Like illegals in the ER.
    If that was true they would charge the same for cash. It's for all the extra staff and bullshit involved with insurance

The government only makes it more costly

Uninsured folks are covered by the state or charity
    Partially true but insurance doesn't pay anywhere near the stated prices. I'm not sure exactly how inflating numbers benefits the hospital when insurance actually pays so much less.
    Correct. So the question is who wins? It sure as fuck ain't the normal person
    The "normal person" isn't paying $3K a month for his health insurance and sure as hell isn't paying $2800 for a colonoscopy if he has health insurance. The whole premise here makes zero sense.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

This isn't about me. I'm healthy. Its about a system where a provider has to charge 2,000 more if you have insurance. Which is now an over priced pile of shit thanks to the same idiots who want to give us free healthcare

I dont need anyone's sympathy. And I'm not signing my life over to the government for free healthcare that isn't free and sucks

If that was true they would charge the same for cash. It's for all the extra staff and bullshit involved with insurance

Partially true but insurance doesn't pay anywhere near the stated prices. I'm not sure exactly how inflating numbers benefits the hospital when insurance actually pays so much less.
    The "normal person" isn't paying $3K a month for his health insurance and sure as hell isn't paying $2800 for a colonoscopy if he has health insurance. The whole premise here makes zero sense.
    Not for an individual, but for including dependents then yes, very possible to hit 3k/month Colonoscopy are “free” If they are preventative. If they are diagnostic then subject to the deductible. Biopsy of any polyps removed are subject to the deductible as well.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Yes they are "free" if there is no immediate cost to the victim, I mean patient. But the insurance companies price the free shit into their premiums. Tanstaafl.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

Everything I wrote was true

Go ahead and meltdown about it
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes they are "free" if there is no immediate cost to the victim, I mean patient. But the insurance companies price the free shit into their premiums. Tanstaafl.

Yes the 2800 is charged to the insurance. The patient pays their high Obama deductible and whatever monthly cost which for a couple old married folks approaches 3k thanks to Obama

But H thinks that is free and we should trust the liars that single payer will be even more free

Facts don't matter to the left. Control does
  • Options

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

I’m sure it’s a set of half truths. It’s almost as if you think no one else here has ever priced health insurance.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

I’m sure it’s a set of half truths. It’s almost as if you think no one else here has ever priced health insurance.
    I've priced it. 63 year old married couple premium plus deductible is around $36k/year
    Does that factor in the 2500 I saved?
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

I've priced it. 63 year old married couple premium plus deductible is around $36k/year
    Oh I’m sure you can spend that much. Some of us elderly are more frugal.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

You're stupid as fuck. JFC. You'll pay 36k before receiving any benefit. That's the point dipshit. My god. We have to fucking spoon feed your dumb ass everything.
    No lol?

Race believes he’s bulletproof apparently and won’t even buy a reasonable amount of coverage, which can be had for a whole lot less.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

You're stupid as fuck. JFC. You'll pay 36k before receiving any benefit. That's the point dipshit. My god. We have to fucking spoon feed your dumb ass everything.
    No lol?

Race believes he’s bulletproof apparently and won’t even buy a reasonable amount of coverage, which can be had for a whole lot less.
    No it can't. More lies from the Obamacare crowd

• Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

No lol?

I guess I’m just imagining paying under 700/month for my coverage.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

No lol?

More likely your lying

• Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

No lol?

More likely your lying

You obviously think you won’t need any healthcare for the next two years. I don’t foresee any immediate healthcare needs either, but I still bought high deductible coverage, just in case. My coverage went down a couple bucks a month this year. It’s about 670/month now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

No lol?

More likely your lying

You obviously think you won’t need any healthcare for the next two years. I don’t foresee any immediate healthcare needs either, but I still bought high deductible coverage, just in case. My coverage went down a couple bucks a month this year. It’s about 670/month now.
    NOC

You lie you breathe
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Liar

No lol?

More likely your lying

NOC

You lie you breathe
    NOC?

Yet curiously, you started a thread about not being able to get healthcare without spending a mint.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    Via my ex employer a Blue Shield PPO plan is indeed about $2800.00 per month.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Via my ex employer a Blue Shield PPO plan is indeed about $2800.00 per month.

You’re free to buy an expensive plan, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing else available.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    California extra fucks middle class independents like @RaceBannon. It's part of why I shilled for a corporate gig(bc of course employer provided is exempt). Covered California is literally funded by transfers bc socialismo.

Last I priced it for the wife and I it was close to 24k before kids. I'm sure it hasn't gotten any cheaper.