Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Healthcare update

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Its an exciting time as I prep for an anal probe in February. I was at the consult today and spreading the gospel of cash instead of insurance. The procedure is 2800$ with insurance and 750$ cash money. And the secret prep sauce is free. If you say you pay cash they think you are poor which I am but still that's besides the point.

I could have been paying 3K a month for health insurance for the right to pay 2800 for the scope. I think at 750$ I came out ahead. Need to run the numbers.

Talk about fucked up and nary a word from DC on any change. I blame Obama but let's not forget the GOP has yet to present an alternative.

I know we have more important things like a sham impeachment

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well, we did have some fucker that killed us killing Obamacare, then the fucker rightfully died. Captain Wetstart could have saved us a lot and gotten us ahead, instead he lead the RINO charge in screwing America when we had majority in both house and senate.

Sorry you are taking a hit in the ass by insurance, and even cash, and hopefully things turn around in 2020.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,131
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You could save even more by not having a colonoscopy. Just sayin’.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Been 23 years

Nice useless content as always
  • Options

HHusky said:

Been 23 years

If they find anything they'll probably propose you treat it. Stick to your guns and don't overpay!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Been 23 years

If they find anything they'll probably propose you treat it. Stick to your guns and don't overpay!
    Fuck off
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    Ts and Ps - seriously. Take care, sir.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Been 23 years

Fuck off
    The colonoscopy prep makes me cranky too.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Its an exciting time as I prep for an anal probe in February. I was at the consult today and spreading the gospel of cash instead of insurance. The procedure is 2800$ with insurance and 750$ cash money. And the secret prep sauce is free. If you say you pay cash they think you are poor which I am but still that's besides the point.

I could have been paying 3K a month for health insurance for the right to pay 2800 for the scope. I think at 750$ I came out ahead. Need to run the numbers.

Talk about fucked up and nary a word from DC on any change. I blame Obama but let's not forget the GOP has yet to present an alternative.

I know we have more important things like a sham impeachment

Could just agree to single payer and it wouldn't matter.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I work for a manufacturer and distributor of medical devices. Our customers are a joke.

They get shit for like 50 bucks then charge insurance like 800
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749

This isn't about me. I'm healthy. Its about a system where a provider has to charge 2,000 more if you have insurance. Which is now an over priced pile of shit thanks to the same idiots who want to give us free healthcare

I'm so far ahead paying cash it's not even funny. It's an illustration

I dont need anyone's sympathy. And I'm not signing my life over to the government for free healthcare that isn't free and sucks

That's how they pay for all the people that don't pay. Like illegals in the ER.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I work for a manufacturer and distributor of medical devices. Our customers are a joke.

They get shit for like 50 bucks then charge insurance like 800

Cause they have to make up for people who don't have insurance and can't pay. So the rest of us with insurance pay the tab.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

This isn't about me. I'm healthy. Its about a system where a provider has to charge 2,000 more if you have insurance. Which is now an over priced pile of shit thanks to the same idiots who want to give us free healthcare

I dont need anyone's sympathy. And I'm not signing my life over to the government for free healthcare that isn't free and sucks

If that was true they would charge the same for cash. It's for all the extra staff and bullshit involved with insurance

The government only makes it more costly

Uninsured folks are covered by the state or charity
  • Options
    To be fair though I dated a girl who worked in billing for a medical practice. Insurance gives them like 30 percet. It's a joke
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749

Sledog said:

If that was true they would charge the same for cash. It's for all the extra staff and bullshit involved with insurance

Partially true but insurance doesn't pay anywhere near the stated prices. I'm not sure exactly how inflating numbers benefits the hospital when insurance actually pays so much less.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Partially true but insurance doesn't pay anywhere near the stated prices. I'm not sure exactly how inflating numbers benefits the hospital when insurance actually pays so much less.
    Correct. So the question is who wins? It sure as fuck ain't the normal person
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

HHusky said:

Been 23 years

I hope they find the key to Chip’s playcall boards up there and you feel a decade worth of regret. But otherwise checkout okay.