Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The only thing that changed with LSU was two staff members... THAT IS IT.

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
They’ve always had this talent. I WONDER WHY THEY MIGHT HAVE THE BEST OFFENSE EVER IN CFB NOW?

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601
    edited January 2020
    One minor issue: The gap between UWs (and any other pac12 team’s) talent and LSU’s is similar to the gap between Boise and UW.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Burrow’s going to be the #1 overall pick ... let’s see what they look like next year with likely a far less talented QB
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601
    Tequilla said:

Burrow’s going to be the #1 overall pick ... let’s see what they look like next year with likely a far less talented QB

They’ll be fine. Not as good obviously, but chase is the first WR off the board next year
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    Canadawg said:

I feel like like the most hyped QB every year happens to have 2 or 3 freak receivers that go up and catch 50/50 balls. Wonder if there's any correlation there...

No
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    Good take Roaddawg
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    SECDAWG said:

Canadawg said:

I feel like like the most hyped QB every year happens to have 2 or 3 freak receivers that go up and catch 50/50 balls. Wonder if there's any correlation there...

No
    yeah ... see John Ross and Brownsocks ...
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 708
    @RoadDawg55 "It’s pretty fascinating. I can’t recall a player improving so much in one year. was missing before? I don’t think coaching is the only thing"

John Ross III being a prime example. We moved him to DB because we didn't think he had what it took. Working out with Desean Jackson helped so coaching
    does matter but he put it together in ways that made him an entirely different player.

We're going to find out really fast how good Brady's scheme is. They'll have a new QB and lose some elite WR talent this season. Defensive Coordinators will spend all all season
    figuring out how to defend against LSU's scheme.

I think people that think coaches are of supreme importance are like the people that believe a good College Professor makes you smarter. In the end the individual is the one that
    must accept the tutelage and produce.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Tequilla said:

i agree with this. Burrow is really amazing.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

@RoadDawg55 "It’s pretty fascinating. I can’t recall a player improving so much in one year. was missing before? I don’t think coaching is the only thing"

John Ross III being a prime example. We moved him to DB because we didn't think he had what it took. Working out with Desean Jackson helped so coaching
    does matter but he put it together in ways that made him an entirely different player.

We're going to find out really fast how good Brady's scheme is. They'll have a new QB and lose some elite WR talent this season. Defensive Coordinators will spend all all season
    figuring out how to defend against LSU's scheme.

I think people that think coaches are of supreme importance are like the people that believe a good College Professor makes you smarter. In the end the individual is the one that
    must accept the tutelage and produce.

Well there you have it folks, coaching doesn’t matter.

Holy shit.
    Take courage to say that after a season where Pete had the most talent in his roster and laid an egg
  • fouchpotatofouchpotato Member Posts: 53
    LSU had a great QB AND a great scheme, but the fact that we didn't have the top pick in the draft throwing passes isn't an excuse for the offense looking like its being played in a kiddie pool full of dogshit. coaching matters big time, Hamdan and Pete sucked.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,618 Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

They’ll be fine. Not as good obviously, but chase is the first WR off the board next year
    I’m sure they will still be good

Some of the throws that Burrow makes combined with his decision making you don’t just snap the fingers and replace.
    Players develop at different stages but Burrow wasn’t doing that last year. I doubt he was doing it at Ohio State either. Haskins threw 50 TD’s and was a first round pick himself, so no shame losing the job to him. Burrow has gotten a ton better and makes tough throws look easy.

It’s pretty fascinating. I can’t recall a player improving so much in one year. was missing before? I don’t think coaching is the only thing.

He also looks like he’s 12 so he has developed physically as well. He is/was a late bloomer. I would be pretty surprised if he’s not good in the NFL. Seems like a leader, has great feel in the pocket, can move around, accurate, strong enough arm.

The WR’s are very, very good. The improvement everyone made is still astounding. Shows what coaching and getting your talented players to play fast and confident can do.
    I think the last QB to improve to that degree was Carson Palmer, who went from unfulfilled expectations because he was hot garbage to #1 overall with the Heisman as a Senior.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    whlinder said:

Tequilla said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

I’m sure they will still be good

Some of the throws that Burrow makes combined with his decision making you don’t just snap the fingers and replace.
    Players develop at different stages but Burrow wasn’t doing that last year. I doubt he was doing it at Ohio State either. Haskins threw 50 TD’s and was a first round pick himself, so no shame losing the job to him. Burrow has gotten a ton better and makes tough throws look easy.

It’s pretty fascinating. I can’t recall a player improving so much in one year. was missing before? I don’t think coaching is the only thing.

He also looks like he’s 12 so he has developed physically as well. He is/was a late bloomer. I would be pretty surprised if he’s not good in the NFL. Seems like a leader, has great feel in the pocket, can move around, accurate, strong enough arm.

The WR’s are very, very good. The improvement everyone made is still astounding. Shows what coaching and getting your talented players to play fast and confident can do.
    I think the last QB to improve to that degree was Carson Palmer, who went from unfulfilled expectations because he was hot garbage to #1 overall with the Heisman as a Senior.
    To put this in perspective, Carson's passer rating took a 25 point jump his senior year from his junior year.

Burrow's took a 70 (!) point jump his senior year from his junior year.

Passer rating is a flawed stat and college rating even moreso, but a 70 point jump is absolutely insane.

Roadie's probably right, I bet it's very hard to find someone who made that kind of improvement in one year.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    Tequilla said:

Was Burrow that good or was he throwing Air Raid concepts to physically superior receivers?