Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Makes a lot of sense

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964

Can’t wait in a few months when Jimmy starts landing recruits, people will be back on his side.

Ballz? That you?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,162

Can’t wait in a few months when Jimmy starts landing recruits, people will be back on his side.

Fuck recruiting.

I'm not saying that as if it doesn't matter. Obviously you need elite talent to win. But, fuck recruiting because it's the drug that keeps people coming back for more and keeps coaches in place who should be fired (Romar was a great example). People get way too hung up on recruiting as the first step to building a program. It's not.

I'll be on Jimmy's side if he wins. If he lands good recruits and we go 7 - 6 he can fuck right off.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Fuck recruiting.

I'm not saying that as if it doesn't matter. Obviously you need elite talent to win. But, fuck recruiting because it's the drug that keeps people coming back for more and keeps coaches in place who should be fired (Romar was a great example). People get way too hung up on recruiting as the first step to building a program. It's not.

I'll be on Jimmy's side if he wins. If he lands good recruits and we go 7 - 6 he can fuck right off.
    Eh. It's the reason why the new coach gets fucked depth chart wise for a couple years.

I'd take some Sark sizzle then a good coach afterwards
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    ASSISTANT TO the running back coach lol
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Gladstone said:

DAWG sense
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Gladstone said:

I’m curious what the job even entails. Working with the scout team RB’s? Cutting up film? There is normally one RB on the field. For other positions there are 3-5 of them on the field every play.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

I’m curious what the job even entails. Working with the scout team RB’s? Cutting up film? There is normally one RB on the field. For other positions there are 3-5 of them on the field every play.
    Getting coffee. Filling gas tanks. Making sure the sandwiches have EXTRA mayo, Dammit!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club
    You know who else was a gopher on a NFL staff? Nick Saban

Of course he had already won the MAC at Toledo and would soon leave Cleveland to take the Sparty job but if you can't see the similarities I can't help you
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,931 Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Making fancy coffee. Filling the boat's gas tank. Making sure the sandwiches have EXTRA mayo, Dammit!
    Now we know why Jimmy hired him!