Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Not Adams and Huff’s Fault

124»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

College Football is 75% recruiting, 25% coaching. Jimmy did the right thing keeping them because they bring in talent.

Disagree.

We lost to Cal two years in a row. Coaching is way the fuck more important than 25%
    Not in college football. The two HC's in the championship game is a WR coach in Dabo and a DL coach in Ed Oregon. Neither of them are are great coach but they are elite recruiters. Oregon won a rose bowl with a meatball OL coach as there HC and incompetent Arroyo as there OC because they accumulated talent and let played them. If Jimmy does this with our roster we will be fine.
    Dabo was a WR coach yes but Clemson for years had the highest paid coordinators in the game.

Orgeron's always been able to recruit at an insane level but this is his first year of elite results...when he hired an elite X's and O's guy.

It's not coaching or recruiting, it's both/and.
    I saw Clay Helton win a rose bowl. Agree both matter but recruiting is far more important.
    This guy was hired IN SPITE of his track record. This would mean he is hired based off of an idea that lake thinks will work.

I want to be wrong.
    This is my belief. He came into the interview with a plan and sold it well. If Lake is really smart then maybe, just maybe, whatever he bought is going to surprise the shit out of everyone. I doubt it, but I'll lipo since I dont have much of a choice.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

College Football is 75% recruiting, 25% coaching. Jimmy did the right thing keeping them because they bring in talent.

Disagree.

We lost to Cal two years in a row. Coaching is way the fuck more important than 25%
    Not in college football. The two HC's in the championship game is a WR coach in Dabo and a DL coach in Ed Oregon. Neither of them are are great coach but they are elite recruiters. Oregon won a rose bowl with a meatball OL coach as there HC and incompetent Arroyo as there OC because they accumulated talent and let played them. If Jimmy does this with our roster we will be fine.
    Dabo was a WR coach yes but Clemson for years had the highest paid coordinators in the game.

Orgeron's always been able to recruit at an insane level but this is his first year of elite results...when he hired an elite X's and O's guy.

I saw Clay Helton win a rose bowl. Agree both matter but recruiting is far more important.
    This guy was hired IN SPITE of his track record. This would mean he is hired based off of an idea that lake thinks will work.

I want to be wrong.
    This is my belief. He came into the interview with a plan and sold it well. If Lake is really smart then maybe, just maybe, whatever he bought is going to surprise the shit out of everyone. I doubt it, but I'll lipo since I dont have much of a choice.
    It’s weird that he even got an interview. I have my agent theory. Maybe someone recommended him. Just a strange situation.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What a stupid fucking premise.

1. Decide that Adams and Huff suck without much evidence either way but just because you think so
    2. View every decision or action through lens #1

Adams and Huff have absofuckinglutely nothing to do with this shit show of a hire. Plenty of OCs available who wouldn’t bring a staff with them and we had an open slot anyway.

Thread is made even dumber by the debate over recruiting vs. coaching debate. You need both so who fucking cares but mediocre coaches have won national titles. Teams without elite talent have not.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

What a stupid fucking premise.

1. Decide that Adams and Huff suck without much evidence either way but just because you think so
    2. View every decision or action through lens #1

Adams and Huff have absofuckinglutely nothing to do with this shit show of a hire. Plenty of OCs available who wouldn’t bring a staff with them and we had an open slot anyway.

Thread is made even dumber by the debate over recruiting vs. coaching debate. You need both so who fucking cares but mediocre coaches have won national titles. Teams without elite talent have not.

Sorry it didn’t fit what you were looking for dickhead. A lot of coaches aren’t going somewhere without any of their guys on staff. It was just a theory. You’re a moron if you think a coach wouldn’t care about the staff already in place. It can matter. Some coaches always bring their own guys.

Sure, you can get a guy like Donovan that’s just thankful for the job, but the good ones absolutely care and don’t want to put their career on the line with guys they don’t know or trust.

And yes, Adams and Huff do suck until proven otherwise. The one field results have been mediocre or just plain bad in Adams case.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

dnc said:

Disagree.

I want to be wrong.
    It’s weird that he even got an interview. I have my agent theory. Maybe someone recommended him. Just a strange situation.
    Most likely got the name from James Franklin.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

dnc said:

Disagree.

I want to be wrong.
    My guess studies LSU offense to Joe Brady to James Franklin to eventually interviewing Donovan.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

dnc said:

Disagree.

I want to be wrong.
    My guess studies LSU offense to Joe Brady to James Franklin to eventually interviewing Donovan.
    Programs will try to replicate what happened with Joe Brady and it won’t work for most of them. Copying what someone else does doesn’t work very often. I’m not upset about staying pro style. There isn’t one offense that guarantees success.
    I tend to agree. No "system" can just replicate what super talented athletes are able to do. If you watch LSU v. Oklahoma for instance it's just a ton of ridiculous throws and catches by total studs, like a circus show.

Maybe that's a system that will maximize the talents of great athletes but absent the quality trigger man it's just another flavor of the month.

That being said, it has more elements to get offensive players in a rhythm and seems to get guys open. If you watch LSU they have guys wide open fairly often. Of course that is set up by other elements of the offense like legitimate run threat.