Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cristobal 1, Lake 0

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    Doesn’t he have 2 wins already?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Husky Football started in 2020
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

LawDawg1 said:

Husky Football started in 2020
    I laffed Stalin.
  • MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    edited January 2020
    Our AD wants us* to be Stanford. A school that produces embarrassing attendance numbers for football.

Fuck that, just win.

That’s what Oregon cares about (as much as I hate to admit it)
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

Our AD wants us* to be Stanford. A school that produces embarrassing attendance numbers for football.

Fuck that, just win.

I think you are ascribing more intent than actually exists. I think the AD wants to win and, like most ADs, doesn't quite know how to do it. In fact, like most people in their own jobs, they stumble along, competent enough to not get fired, but in the final analysis will hit the average. That's why it's the average. They'll hit some, whiff some and end their careers batting 210.

There's a reason there's a top 5 at the end of the year. 5 figured it out; 128, or whatever the fuck the number is, couldn't.

It's basically life.
    I agree with a lot of this but they know who their rival is in athletics. Maybe they don't give a shit and that's why they hire Oregon grads fresh off their druidic butthuffing degrees, but they *should* be really embarrassed.

Yet UW doesn't do jack shit, stumbles into Petersen, hires a Syracuse assistant for bball that was refused the keys to their car after 20 years, and finally makes a lazy promotion to keep the current fball staff after a 7 win season.

It sounds silly but the branding thing sticks out too. Just a W like we're fucking Stanford or UCLA. Just doesn't seem like they are really trying to compete with the program that popped off and shits on them in any way.

Michigan appears to me more like a program that wants to beat their rivals ass but doesn't know how at this point.