Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Formal Apology

ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
Sorry guys. I let my real life get the better of me recently and got totally tilted. That big bully @dnc was kind enough to PM me, so I’ll tell you what I told him:

My cousin was a Marine. We lost him in Iraq. My aunt (his mom) has been drunk texting the entire family for a few days, and it stirred up all kinds of emotional baggage for me surrounding his death.

2 of my best friends that I’ve known almost my whole life have PTSD that is so bad it has ripped their families apart. As a result, we are no longer really friends, unfortunately.

I have other family in the ME right now. Including my little brother.

These are all people I grew up with or am closely related to or both. I’m the pussy that didn’t serve. Believe me, it’s not gone unnoticed or uncommented upon before.

So I apologize. I said some fucked up things to a few folks that got under my skin.

I just don’t want another war. I’m glad the situation seems to have cooled off after yesterday’s events. I hope that trend continues.

Sincerely,

Fremont

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953

Tommy is a good kid

Amazing since he was raised by wolves

How old is he?
    Tommy if you're under 30 I have bad news for you. You'll be a Conservative by the time you're 40.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    No need to apologize - everyone has their own demons - we all shake our heads at many posts here, from the left, from the right, and the very few right down the middle.

That is what brings us all back to this shit hole.

In other words - good post.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,068 Founders Club

I'm impressed. Now stop arguing with the retards and make use of the ignore button.

The ignore button saved my life.
    This.

SFGbob said:

Tommy is a good kid

Amazing since he was raised by wolves

How old is he?
    Not that old

And yes he's on his way to full blown conservative
    The Horror!
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,677 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Tommy doesn't want to lose another loved in the name of endless war but he's still a TUFF liberal who will smash your face in.

Respect.

He's a big man but needs to understand the Democrat party left him a long time ago.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    I doubt we'll ever see eye-to-eye, Tommy, but nobody wants to see harm come to any US troops, including your family and friends. Nobody. Even the people who say they don't give a fuck, give a fuck. Obviously. It's the primary reason anyone wants to avoid conflict and war and why passionate arguments break out over the subject.

When someone swipes at me with "I've got skin in the game and you don't" tropes, it pisses me off given the number of family and friends I've lost to various wars, and given it was my Vietnam Vet cousins and my WW2 Vet dad who discouraged me from serving after Colin Powell himself fucked over my cousin back in '68-'69 and almost got him imprisoned or killed back on US soil because of Pentagon lies.

I return the apology for any low-blows I threw at you. I'm right at home being an asshole. But I don't want to be a dirty one.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

jecornel said:

Beautiful thread guys....The tug....the REAL heart and soul of HH.

Fuck off.

jecornel said:

Beautiful thread guys....The tug....the REAL heart and soul of HH.

Fuck off.
    FUCK YOU!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860