Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Moorehead to Oregon

13»

Comments

• TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    Moorehead would be a good addition coaching wise but as far as recruiting goes he’s always going to be looking for his next head coaching gig And I think most kids would see it that way. Arroyo while a frustrating coach was a great recruiter.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162

Moorehead would be a good addition coaching wise but as far as recruiting goes he’s always going to be looking for his next head coaching gig And I think most kids would see it that way. Arroyo while a frustrating coach was a great recruiter.

Sure. Just like how Jimmy struggled recruiting because everyone knew it was only a matter of time before he bolted.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942

Eh, that's pretty much anybody you'd actually want not. The "I want to be here and only here forever" crowd is pretty limited.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,566
    edited January 2020

That’s why it’s important to have your hc be your best recruiter, and the coordinators focus on the X’s and O’s. It’s a new era of cfb, led by the LSU model
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Spoke to my Mississippi State sources today (actually they reached out to me after the Leach hire) and they think Moorhead was a total failure as an offensive coach. I haven’t looked into any of the metrics to see how the offense looked after he took over but there’s at least a little reason to be skeptical about my favorite OC on the market. Said he tried to force a shitty Pedo State transfer QB on them.

Their defense was great but they were still mediocre even with an offensive HC. Pete anyone??

I still like Moorhead more than any of the other options but this gives me a little pause.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

dtd said:

If it were going to be Morehead it would be done. It's gonna be that nobody one hit wonder from LSU.

My bet's on Fisch, who I actually liked when he was at Miami.
    This would be fine with me. Journeyman coach who has been mediocre at best.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Swaye said:

Early look at next years play calling:

How did slingblade get his nickname?

@FireCohen
    I gave it to him on here.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

Swaye said:

Early look at next years play calling:

How did slingblade get his nickname?

@FireCohen
    I gave it to him on here.
    Auto fuck off but this could be true
  • dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182

dnc said:

Fuck it, I'm in panic mode now.

Oregon wins the conference? Fine
    Oregon wins the Rose Bowel? Whatever
    Oregon is leader for Moorehead? It happens

But now, @LeachNeedsMoreTim is gone??

Oregon may never lose again.

FUCK

You forgot one thing: Shit Talkin' Jimmy Lake Ballz will have something to say about that. Jimmy, and an offensive coordinator to be named at a later date.