Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,354 Swaye's Wigwam
    That's not what he told me in person. All the best to him though. Could have used him this year. We'll always have the hit he put on Weddington.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

That's not what he told me in person. All the best to him though. Could have used him this year. We'll always have the hit he put on Weddington.

That was a great hit, but him, Myles Bryant, and Molden (for a few plays) were all brutal that game. We only heard about Myles Bryant, but none of the theee could guard Arcegia-Whiteside and the TE’s. They converted so many third downs.

Then Vea accidentally grabbed Costello’s face mask on a sack when we finally got a stop. And Jake Browning and the offense couldn’t do shit. We were rolling until we went for it on 4th and 1 and Gaskin was too patient and got stuffed. We still had a lead at halftime. One of the worst games in the Pete era.
    Most painful game by far. Not even worth a discussion.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    haie said:

That was a great hit, but him, Myles Bryant, and Molden (for a few plays) were all brutal that game. We only heard about Myles Bryant, but none of the theee could guard Arcegia-Whiteside and the TE’s. They converted so many third downs.

Then Vea accidentally grabbed Costello’s face mask on a sack when we finally got a stop. And Jake Browning and the offense couldn’t do shit. We were rolling until we went for it on 4th and 1 and Gaskin was too patient and got stuffed. We still had a lead at halftime. One of the worst games in the Pete era.
    until 2019 Stanford...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    TommySQC said:

haie said:

until 2019 Stanford...
    They had 6 active OL and still kicked our pathetic OKGs up.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,204 Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

FireCohen said:

TommySQC said:

haie said:

until 2019 Stanford...
    Like a moron, I was at both games. We actually joked before the game at a tailgate about how awful that 2017 game was.

Please just fucking kill me. Games like this kill your passion for the program.

At least in the Sark years, you didn't get your hopes up.
    I had the pleasure of witnessing 2017 Stanford and 2018 Cal. Puts hair on your chest is what it does.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club

TommySQC said:

FireCohen said:

TommySQC said:

haie said:

until 2019 Stanford...
    Like a moron, I was at both games. We actually joked before the game at a tailgate about how awful that 2017 game was.

I had the pleasure of witnessing 2017 Stanford and 2018 Cal. Puts hair on your chest is what it does.
    I didn't bother to leave my room for 2017 Stanford but I was in Palo Alto

I was in the Big Blue Bears fancy seating section for 2018 Cal. What a highlight
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,828 Swaye's Wigwam

You have an amazing memory.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,584 Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

FireCohen said:

TommySQC said:

haie said:

until 2019 Stanford...

I too made the mistake of attending both games. This year I figured automatic loss to Arizona because they would beat Stanford and have a hard time doing back to back road games. Picked the wrong road game.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,355
    Always found it ironic that Joyner's pops didn't allow him to play RB in college because he was afraid of injuries...

Always wondered what a 1-2 punch Gaskin and Joyner could have been. He was a freak in HS.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    So Joyner concussion issues went away, or did he find out that his comm degree qualified him for a job and Home Depot so the risk is work it?
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,039
    edited January 2020
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,039
    edited January 2020
    Jokes on us, Jake Browning is two wins away from a Super Bowl