Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

~~~~~~ >>> 101010001

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

I'm a digital guy, just because of the volume of music I have. I think i'm pushing over 40K songs now. I would need a warehouse to story all of that on vinyl.

Digital can be great with the right set up. You gotta have a legit DAC though and files that are 44.1 KHz/16 bit or better. What are you running these days?

I feel with vinyl it's quality vs quantity. I just got the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs reissued of Blues for Allah @alumni94 and I'll bet you it's the best sounds Dead you've every heard on a stereo.
    Hmmm. I will need to check that out.
    Do you have a TT?
    TT?

I'm not an audiophile, but rather a collector of music, sorry don't know the lingo. Honestly, I run most of music through my desktop into my Bose headphones. I'm satisfied with the quality most of the time.
    I would love to find a better quality, but not willing to re-invest at this time. So, I'm holding on to my digital collection as long as possible.

Turntable.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

I'm a digital guy, just because of the volume of music I have. I think i'm pushing over 40K songs now. I would need a warehouse to story all of that on vinyl.

Digital can be great with the right set up. You gotta have a legit DAC though and files that are 44.1 KHz/16 bit or better. What are you running these days?

I feel with vinyl it's quality vs quantity. I just got the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs reissued of Blues for Allah @alumni94 and I'll bet you it's the best sounds Dead you've every heard on a stereo.
    Do you have a TT?
    TT?

I'm not an audiophile, but rather a collector of music, sorry don't know the lingo. Honestly, I run most of music through my desktop into my Bose headphones. I'm satisfied with the quality most of the time.
    I would love to find a better quality, but not willing to re-invest at this time. So, I'm holding on to my digital collection as long as possible.

Turntable.
    But what does the other T stand for
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

alumni94 said:

Do you have a TT?
    TT?

Turntable.
    But what does the other T stand for
    TUFF
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I do find that one of the benefits for digital music is that there is a lot of "bonus" tracks via digital. This is nice for bands one really enjoys. Being a Bob Dylan fan, I find he bootleg series stuff just as important as some of the original releases.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

I do find that one of the benefits for digital music is that there is a lot of "bonus" tracks via digital. This is nice for bands one really enjoys. Being a Bob Dylan fan, I find he bootleg series stuff just as important as some of the original releases.

Oh there's plenty of "bonus" tracks on vinyl. You just buy the double album reissues which get spendy. For example, Sgt Pepper , White Album and Abbey Road have all been released with Bonus Tracks on vinyl. All of those Dylan Bootleg series are on vinyl too.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

alumni94 said:

Oh there's plenty of "bonus" tracks on vinyl. You just buy the double album reissues which get spendy. For example, Sgt Pepper , White Album and Abbey Road have all been released with Bonus Tracks on vinyl. All of those Dylan Bootleg series are on vinyl too.
    Have you picked up any of the Grateful Dead 50th anniversary albums? Aoxomoxoa is pretty interesting with the different mixes. I've never heard the original mix until this was released.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What is it? Vinyl.
    What's that? Big black discs containing music, used by your dad, DJs who only play disco and people who are obsessed with letting everyone know they own loads of vinyl because "it just sounds better than anything else!"
    Is it biodegradable? No.

"A DJ that wants to be more environmentally conscious should try to make sure that sound systems and lighting rigs are as energy efficient as possible and travel in an efficient vehicle," says Andie. "Also, the traditional record pressing process requires making an aluminium platter and heating the PVC in a press to form the vinyl disc, but there's an injection moulding process which uses 65 percent less energy than in the conventional record pressing process."

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/9kz3y5/this-is-how-bad-your-vinyl-obsession-is-for-the-world

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Can't run a record player in the car, and downloads don't sound as good. CD's for me if it's music I care about sounding good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can't run a record player in the car, and downloads don't sound as good. CD's for me if it's music I care about sounding good.

I love CDs. Most vinyl poser, hipsters would get better sound buying CDs and a used hi fi disc player than screwing around with a shitty little record player. Vinyl done right is a rich mans game.