Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bleacher Report Top 10 2020 Recruiting classes after High School AA games

2»

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

Michigan? I am talking about your whole season not just the PAC. USC will not be an easy game. You are fooling yourself. Call beat you last year at home and will be better this year. Utah at their house is always tough. That you dismiss these games is interesting. You forget you aren’t going to be any better. Also a big change in your coaching staff.

But Oregon's bringin back everboddy!! Roll flock roll!

Christ. I've seen this before. Not interested.
    No not everyone, let’s talk defense 1st

The Ducks return 9 of 11 starters. They lose 2 starting LB’s Troy Dye will be tough to replace. Oregon has good replacements for both of them on the team already. AJAX who would have started but was injured early in the year. Sampson Niu who started several games and looked great, MJ Cunningham and others. Then of course there is Justin Flowe and Noah Sewell. With one more year of experience this defense will be better than lat year.

They lose THREE starting LBs, and Sampson Niu is a liability in all phases.
    Who are the 3 starting LB’s? You are simply wrong about NIU

• Options
    edited January 2020
    If you are going to say Dye, Winston, and Young........Mase Funa was the starter at the other two positions other than Dye’s for part of the year.
  • Options
    “The highest ranked linebacker recruit in school history, Funa is already making an impact and providing highlights for Oregon. The Mater Dei High School alum is the only freshman to have two sacks in a game this season in the FBS, leading the Ducks and nation’s freshmen in sacks (three) and tackles for loss (five).

He’s comfortable in Andy Avalos’ STUD position because it is a similar position to what he played in high school. Although, Funa played at 245 pounds in high school and is currently at 268 pounds after missing his senior season with an injury. His goal is to get closer to 255 pounds, which the 6-foot-2 freshman feels most natural at.

"He's got a lot pent up now," Cristobal said. "He missed his entire senior season due to injury. This is his first action in over a year. It's impressive to see what he's done so far, but again, his best football is ahead of him."

Already totaling nine tackles, I believe Funa will continue to have success this season in the hybrid linebacker/defensive end position backing up senior Bryson Young.“

And of course we know Bryson Young was injured.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Whatever, if Mase is plugged in for either as a part time starter I am happy that we don’t lose anything. Mase will have another year of experience. It was remarkable because I think he was severely injured his senior year yet played great at the power 5 level.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Niu was also a starter.

As a Sophomore

Made first four starts of his career and played in all 13 games … Totaled 23 tackles, including 11 solo, 3.0 tackles for loss and one sack … Had 22 of his 23 tackles over the final five regular season contests … at Arizona (Oct. 27): Made first career start … at Utah (Nov. 10): Made a career-high eight tackles, including four solo, despite playing in just the first half … at Oregon State (Nov. 23): Three tackles for loss were the most by an Oregon player in 2018 … Picked up first career sack and finished with five tackles
    As A Freshman (2017)

Played in six games … Made eight tackles, including one for loss … Had a season-high three tackles, including two solo, against No. 25 Boise State (Dec. 16) in the Las Vegas Bowl … Recorded a tackle in four of six games played.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

If you are going to say Dye, Winston, and Young........Mase Funa was the starter at the other two positions other than Dye’s for part of the year.

He played the fewest snaps of that group. Nobody is arguing Funa isn't going to be good, but let's keep it real. Winston and Blackhawk were the starters and played the most snaps.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

Michigan? I am talking about your whole season not just the PAC. USC will not be an easy game. You are fooling yourself. Call beat you last year at home and will be better this year. Utah at their house is always tough. That you dismiss these games is interesting. You forget you aren’t going to be any better. Also a big change in your coaching staff.

But Oregon's bringin back everboddy!! Roll flock roll!

Christ. I've seen this before. Not interested.
    No not everyone, let’s talk defense 1st

The Ducks return 9 of 11 starters. They lose 2 starting LB’s Troy Dye will be tough to replace. Oregon has good replacements for both of them on the team already. AJAX who would have started but was injured early in the year. Sampson Niu who started several games and looked great, MJ Cunningham and others. Then of course there is Justin Flowe and Noah Sewell. With one more year of experience this defense will be better than lat year.

They lose THREE starting LBs, and Sampson Niu is a liability in all phases.
    Who are the 3 starting LB’s? You are simply wrong about NIU

Wrong about a 200lb ILB? Uh, we've heard this song before. If he's playing major snaps it's because we have massive injury woes.
  • Options
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

He played the fewest snaps of that group. Nobody is arguing Funa isn't going to be good, but let's keep it real. Winston and Blackhawk were the starters and played the most snaps.
    The truth is that both Funa and Niu had multiple starts. Just a fact.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Offense: The Ducks Return 6 of 11

All receivers return except for Juwan Johnson.

All running backs return including the incoming Trey Benson
    Verdell has had 2 1,00o yd season Dye has had one

Replacing 4 OL will be tough. Oregon has some great talent that backed up our starters.

STEVE STEPHENS has played and started the Utah game. After the UCLA game he was rated the highest graded OL.

JONAH TAUANU'U- the OL that had over 25 offers redshirted last year and should start

MALAESALA AUMAVAE-LAULU-was the #1 ranked JUCO OT and #5 Overall prospect

Center will be an interesting battle

Steve Stephens is a fucking safety shit for brains.
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Replacing 4 OL will be tough. Oregon has some great talent that backed up our starters.

STEVE STEPHENS has played and started the Utah game. After the UCLA game he was rated the highest graded OL.

JONAH TAUANU'U- the OL that had over 25 offers redshirted last year and should start

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

What a juvenile asshole. You couldn’t have any class and say Didn’t you mean Steve Jones. No you had to be childish and denigrate with your juvenile mouth. I would suggest you get some help. You are a good candidate for Zoloft/Prozac. Boy you sure caught me posting the wrong name mr internet tough guy. Try acting like an adult. In IMHO I would say you are bipolar.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Juvenile nuts like you are the reason I spend most of my time on Oregon boards. I don’t think you would fit in. We actually engage in interesting Duck athletic repartee without juvenile attacks. Actually the main reason I come to HH is Tug Tavern. Hell with nuts like you it’s not much different.
  • Options
    BTW way you are still wrong on NIU.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sampson NIU

Profile:
    “As stated above, Niu finished the rankings as one of the higher rated commits in this Oregon class. Niu was ranked as the No. 7 inside linebacker in the country, per 247Sports.

The 247Sports Composite had him lower at No. 347 overall and No. 18 inside backer.

At 6-foot-1, 220-pounds he's not as big as he should be to play inside. It doesn't mean he can't play there, he's already just about the same size as Troy Dye. But realistically he's a guy that's probably going to add 5 or 10 pounds before September.

Niu is a shot out of a cannon when the ball is snapped. He anchored his state championship defense all season long. When you watch his film he literally just starts hitting anything that moves when the ball is hiked.

Which is not a bad trait to have in your inside linebacker.

The four-star is not a one-trick pony. He's not a blind missile out there just running wild.

Niu does a great job of keeping his eyes on the quarterback and hitting his lane. He's able to turn his body and change direction as the play develops.

He not only makes plays of his own, but players feed off the energy and passion Niu leads them with.

Play after play on his film is players trying to chip block and disrupt Niu but he blasts through those would-be blocks resulting in big plays.

Impact:
    I think it's abundantly clear to me, this is quite possibly one of the biggest signings of this class for Oregon. The Ducks were absolutely razor thin at linebacker and defensive line. Come to think of it defensive back wasn't much better either. But linebacker is a make-shift hodge podge group of walk-ons and undersized players.

There is almost no way Sampson Niu doesn't get on campus and start working in the two-deep rotation immediately.

Not just because of his skillset, but his mentality overall. This isn't a me-first kind of guy. Niu is going to come in and grind for this team. He's the kind of guy Jim Leavitt is going to make a monster out of.

It will be hard, but not impossible for Niu to be a starter by the season opener. However I will wager that very early this season he is sprinkled into the starting lineup at Oregon.”...........which turned out to be very prescient.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

What a juvenile asshole. You couldn’t have any class and say Didn’t you mean Steve Jones. No you had to be childish and denigrate with your juvenile mouth. I would suggest you get some help. You are a good candidate for Zoloft/Prozac. Boy you sure caught me posting the wrong name mr internet tough guy. Try acting like an adult. In IMHO I would say you are bipolar.

Your mastery of the quote function is an inspiration.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    DJDuck said:

Oh, and you know what else, OREGON DIDN'T PLAY UCLA THIS YEAR.

You can't even knock it off the tee.

And what the fuck are you talking about "highest graded"? Penis Swell was the highest rated OL PFF has ever graded. You're just making shit up.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Oh, and you know what else, OREGON DIDN'T PLAY UCLA THIS YEAR.

You can't even knock it off the tee.

And what the fuck are you talking about "highest graded"? Penis Swell was the highest rated OL PFF has ever graded. You're just making shit up.
    You’re just a little to smart for your own good moron. That quote was taken from Goducks AND IT DIDN’T say anything about THIS year smartass.

Here is a damned video of Oregon’s game against UCLA, you might notice Steve Jones playing on the offensive line.😂😂😂😂😂😂

MAY I SUGGEST SOME SELECTIVE SEROTONIN REUPTAKE INHIBITORS.........THEY ARE YOUR FRIEND.