Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bleacher Report Top 10 2020 Recruiting classes after High School AA games

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited January 2020 in Duck Refuge
10. Oregon Ducks

Dontae Manning
Dontae Manning247Sports
Class Size: 21

5-Stars (2): ILB Jordan Flowe (4), ILB Noah Sewell (23)

4-Stars (7): CB Dontae Manning (76), QB Jay Butterfield (110), CB Luke Hill (141), WR Kris Hutson (234), QB Robby Ashford (249), ATH Jaden Navarrette (280), OG Jonathan Denis (368)

After landing 5-star linebacker Jordan Flowe during the early signing period, Oregon scored again over the weekend when it secured a commitment from 4-star cornerback Dontae Manning, who is the No. 6 player at his position in the 2020 class.

Charles Power of 247Sports wrote of Manning, "Projects as a multi-year starter at the Power 5 level with the upside of developing into an all-conference player and potential early round NFL Draft pick."

The Ducks are also still in the mix for 4-star offensive guard Marcus Henderson, so they might not be finished adding top-tier talent to an already solid recruiting class.

For now, the addition of Manning, who is one of the top 100 players in the class and the third-best player in this recruiting cycle, is enough to jump Oregon up to the No. 10 spot in our rankings.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869828-ranking-top-10-recruiting-classes-in-2020-after-high-school-all-american-games#slide6

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I really hope you losers have a down year just so I can @ you unmercifully. You won't even be here if that happens, but still.
  • Options
    Oregon will have a great year. I will be here. This forum is called Duck Refuge. Losers like you are just trolls. I come on here to be with other Duck fans and exchange information.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I’m serious as a heart attack. The Huskies will really struggle in 2020. The Huskies have a myriad of problems and a schedule that is very unfriendly.

Realistically you should lower your expectations so you won’t suffer massive disappointment. I mean really, look at last year. Most of the Huskies on this site said they would buzz through the North Division, destroy Oregon in Husky stadium, win the PAC 12 Conference and either go to the Rose Bowl or CFP.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jesus you're a fucking douche. Get fucked by a pack of rabid Portland hobos.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I think you’re the nutjob. Here I am on a Duck forum posting stuff about Ducks meant for other Ducks and a POS like you has to attack me and others for posting Duck stuff. If you will notice I don’t come here to denigrate or attack Husky fans. I do when nuts like you attack us. I just can’t figure out what motivates nuts like you to seek out Ducks to try and denigrate them and pick arguments. You need some serious help.

You’re ignorance is fueled by your arrogance. You’re probably one of those Husky Einstein’s that thought Jaylon Redd was crap and Noah Sewell was too fat to ever play linebacker.

So let me ask you, preview for me if you would YOUR look into the future and give your prediction of the Husky 2020 season if you have the balls.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Your boy Jaylon redd about to get kicked off the team
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

I think you’re the nutjob. Here I am on a Duck forum posting stuff about Ducks meant for other Ducks and a POS like you has to attack me and others for posting Duck stuff. If you will notice I don’t come here to denigrate or attack Husky fans. I do when nuts like you attack us. I just can’t figure out what motivates nuts like you to seek out Ducks to try and denigrate them and pick arguments. You need some serious help.

You’re ignorance is fueled by your arrogance. You’re probably one of those Husky Einstein’s that thought Jaylon Redd was crap and Noah Sewell was too fat to ever play linebacker.

So let me ask you, preview for me if you would YOUR look into the future and give your prediction of the Husky 2020 season if you have the balls.

I predict the conference will eat itself alive like it has for almost the entire decade. Cal fans will be massively disappointed and then clamor for "the axe" to save their season (Stanford won't give a fuck about that or winning)

Beavlet will be competitive; UW and Oregon will stop everyone but will have massive growing pains on offense from new coordinators and quarterbacks. WAzzu will look good for a month or two but their defense will still suck.

Oregon and Washington will tie the North and then Oregon will get picked because of Alphabetic dominance that the Pac 12 enforces.

They'll get their asses kicked by Herm and then Meat leaves for Miami the day after.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

DJDuck said:

I predict the conference will eat itself alive like it has for almost the entire decade. Cal fans will be massively disappointed and then clamor for "the axe" to save their season (Stanford won't give a fuck about that or winning)

Beavlet will be competitive; UW and Oregon will stop everyone but will have massive growing pains on offense from new coordinators and quarterbacks. WAzzu will look good for a month or two but their defense will still suck.

Oregon and Washington will tie the North and then Oregon will get picked because of Alphabetic dominance that the Pac 12 enforces.

They'll get their asses kicked by Herm and then Meat leaves for Miami the day after.
    Asu is going to be worse next year than they were this season. Daniels can’t do it himself
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

Asu is going to be worse next year than they were this season. Daniels can’t do it himself
    Let's be honest here it's the South so I just threw a dart at the wall and hit this Diablo I poster in my office.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Your boy Jaylon redd about to get kicked off the team

This is complertely superfluous to the conversation around the ignorant evaluation of his talent by Husky posters moron.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Oregon will be the Favorite in the North. IMO they will be playing against either USC or even an improved UCLA. The South sucks.

UW loses quite a lot from a team that wasn’t very good. The schedule does not line up well for the Huskies you have Michigan in the opener at home, then away games at Oregon, Utah, Cal, USC and WSU

Oregon State will not be an easy out this year. They should go to a Bowl.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

Oregon will be the Favorite in the North. IMO they will be playing against either USC or even an improved UCLA. The South sucks.

UW loses quite a lot from a team that wasn’t very good. The schedule does not line up well for the Huskies you have Michigan in the opener at home, then away games at Oregon, Utah, Cal, USC and WSU

Oregon State will not be an easy out this year. They should go to a Bowl.

At Utah, Cal, and WSU. Not even worried. Don't give a shit we've lost to Cal they fucking suck and Garbers is going to get driven into the side of strawberry mountain or whatever the fuck it's called. WSU, really?

SC fucking blows. Not even worried.

Beavlet comes to Seattle and by the way we're talking about Beavlet here. They'll be better but still Beavlet.

UW the last 2 games at Autzen hasn't feared the hillbilly masses in the slightest.

Someone should inform you that our game against Michigan doesn't count toward the conference rankings.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Michigan? I am talking about your whole season not just the PAC. USC will not be an easy game. You are fooling yourself. Cal beat you last year at your house and will be better this year. Utah at their house is always tough. That you dismiss these games is interesting. You forget you aren’t going to be any better. Also a big change in your coaching staff.
    What chance would you give the Huskies to win in Autzen in 2020?

Did you predict the Huskies winning the North, beating Oregon and winning the PAC 12 Championship in 2019?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

Michigan? I am talking about your whole season not just the PAC. USC will not be an easy game. You are fooling yourself. Call beat you last year at home and will be better this year. Utah at their house is always tough. That you dismiss these games is interesting. You forget you aren’t going to be any better. Also a big change in your coaching staff.

But Oregon's bringin back everboddy!! Roll flock roll!

Christ. I've seen this before. Not interested.
  • Options
    Yes you’ve seen it before by arrogant Washington fans that predicted such a great season last year. Care to answer my questions?
  • Options
    haie said:

DJDuck said:

Michigan? I am talking about your whole season not just the PAC. USC will not be an easy game. You are fooling yourself. Call beat you last year at home and will be better this year. Utah at their house is always tough. That you dismiss these games is interesting. You forget you aren’t going to be any better. Also a big change in your coaching staff.

No not everyone, let’s talk defense 1st

The Ducks return 9 of 11 starters. They lose 2 starting LB’s Troy Dye will be tough to replace. Oregon has good replacements for both of them on the team already. AJAX who would have started but was injured early in the year. Sampson Niu who started several games and looked great, MJ Cunningham and others. Then of course there is Justin Flowe and Noah Sewell. With one more year of experience this defense will be better than lat year.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Offense: The Ducks Return 6 of 11

All receivers return except for Juwan Johnson.

All running backs return including the incoming Trey Benson
    Verdell has had 2 1,00o yd season Dye has had one

Replacing 4 OL will be tough. Oregon has some great talent that backed up our starters.

STEVE STEPHENS has played and started the Utah game. After the UCLA game he was rated the highest graded OL.

JONAH TAUANU'U- the OL that had over 25 offers redshirted last year and should start

MALAESALA AUMAVAE-LAULU-was the #1 ranked JUCO OT and #5 Overall prospect

Center will be an interesting battle

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Additionally Oregon will add SC transfer WR Devon Williams that will likely replace Juwan Johnson.

Ducks are adding the #2 Juco OG TJ Bass who may start at Center.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

Offense: The Ducks Return 6 of 11

All receivers return except for Juwan Johnson.

All running backs return including the incoming Trey Benson
    Verdell has had 2 1,00o yd season Dye has had one

Replacing 4 OL will be tough. Oregon has some great talent that backed up our starters.

STEVE STEPHENS has played and started the Utah game. After the UCLA game he was rated the highest graded OL.

JONAH TAUANU'U- the OL that had over 25 offers redshirted last year and should start

MALAESALA AUMAVAE-LAULU-was the #1 ranked JUCO OT and #5 Overall prospect

Center will be an interesting battle

Steve Stephens is a fucking safety shit for brains.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

haie said:

DJDuck said:

No not everyone, let’s talk defense 1st

The Ducks return 9 of 11 starters. They lose 2 starting LB’s Troy Dye will be tough to replace. Oregon has good replacements for both of them on the team already. AJAX who would have started but was injured early in the year. Sampson Niu who started several games and looked great, MJ Cunningham and others. Then of course there is Justin Flowe and Noah Sewell. With one more year of experience this defense will be better than lat year.

They lose THREE starting LBs, and Sampson Niu is a liability in all phases.