Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Results - 6th Annual Jesse Callier Commemorative Post-Collegiate Career Impact Ranking Initiative

WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Thanks to all that participated in this year’s survey. We had 66 responses this year, tying last year’s response. Scores were considerably lower than last year, partly due to this year’s performance but also due to there being a lot of attrition in the past year.

Trey Adams – 4.12 (+0.12 from HS ranking) – solid showing for Trey here. Seems unaffected by his bowl game absence. Six people gave him a 3; maybe @dirtysouwfdawg @FireCohen @HuskyJW @GrundleStiltzkin @spuden @YellowSnow can explain their rationale

Salvon Ahmed – 3.57 (-0.43 from HS ranking) – nearly evenly split between 3s and 4s. Another year would have almost assuredly bumped up his score. Shout out to @jhfstyle24 who gave him a 2 and @louism2wash @tvoie and @DawgsRus who gave him a 5

Andre Baccellia – 1.87 (-1.13 from HS ranking) – lots of low rankings for opera singer. The 16 1s outweighed the 7 3s. Full transparency, I was one of those that gave him a 3, begrudgingly, because he started for multiple years and had >1200 yards in his career. I get the rationale for why many rated him a 1, but I don’t think it is logically correct.

DJ Beavers – 1.97 (-1.03 from HS ranking) – makes a lot of sense here. Played well in the Apple Cup a 3 years ago, and would have probably been a solid 3 if he hadn’t had to retire due to injury. 13 people gave him a 1, which I would consider a bit harsh, and 11 people rated him a 3.

Hunter Bryant – 3.94 (-0.06 from HS ranking) – solid ranking for Hunter, but probably took a bit of a hit with his decision to sit out the bowl and for dropping so many passes. Almost all 4s, with a few 3s and 5s, except for @dirtysouwfdawg who rated him a 2. That one was a bit puzzling for me.

Myles Bryant – 4.07 (+1.07 from HS ranking) – really good showing for Myles here who has come a long way from being hated on in 2016. @ThoroughDawg @HuskyJW @Swaye @godawgst @joeEDangerously all rated him a 3

AJ Carty – 2.70 (+0.70 from HS ranking) – by far the most controversial player rated. Had 12 1s, 13 2s, 30 3s, 7 4s, and 5 5s. He also received multiple votes in the most favorite player poll. Standard deviation on his score was almost 2x bigger than the next most controversial player. I don’t remember him ever having a bad snap in 3 years, but he’s also a long snapper, so I’m not sure how he gets a 1 or a 5.

Jacob Eason – 2.94 (-2.06 from HS ranking) – pretty average scores for Skinny, but that was expected given his single year of true impact on the program. @TTJ @RoadDawg55 @KrunkJuice @chuck and @DawgsRus all gave him a 4

Aaron Fuller – 2.88 (-0.12 from HS ranking) – mostly 3s here, with a smattering of 2s. Shout out to @ThoroughDawg for giving him a 1 and @NEsnake12 @Doogles and @BlastDoor for giving him a 4.

Jake Haener – 1.13 (-1.87 from HS ranking) – no love for Haener. Only 7 2s and a single 3 from @RoadDawg55 for some reason. Maybe he got a bump for transferring out of the program?

Nick Harris – 4.25 (+1.25 from HS ranking) – highest rated player this year, so congrats to the guy that I believe DDY called “a lump of poo emoji” 4 years ago. Mostly 4s and 5s, but @ThoroughDawg @spuden @jhfstyle24 @joeEDangerously and @DoogWhisperer rated him a 3. Not sure what else you guys wanted to get out of a 2-time 1st team All Pac-12 performer that I believe only missed 1 game in his career and started the other 50+.

Jared Hilbers – 3.21 (+0.21 from HS ranking) – really good showing for Hilbers who put in a solid 2 years at tackle and has an outside shot at getting drafted (per Dane Brugler). Lots of 3s and 4s in his ratings but @theknowledge gave him a 1. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

Trey Lowe – 1.01 (-2.99 from HS ranking) – didn’t see the field and transferred early this year. Curious what did he do to earn a 2 from you @DawgsRus . Nearly the second unanimous 1 in Jesse Callier history.

Kyler Manu – 1.27 (-1.73 from HS ranking) – 48 1s and 18 2s. I can see the rationale for either score. Thank you for freeing up a scholarship.

Chico McClatcher – 2.42 (-0.58 from HS ranking) – IMHO Chico was on track for a 3 or 4 pretty easily, but had a couple rough seasons as an upperclassman due to injury/other issues. All 2s and 3s except for @aeb and @DoogWhisperer who gave him a 1. I wish him well in the future, always seemed like a really likeable dude.

Mosiah Nasili-Kite – 1.03 (-1.97 from HS ranking) – I’m still curious what led to his dismissal. All 1s except for @DawgsRus and @Ice_Holmvik who gave him a 2 for some unknown reason.

Benning Potoa’e – 3.28 (-0.72 from HS ranking) – Solid score for Benning who honestly was probably played out of position for the majority of his career. Mostly 3s and 4s, but received 2s from @NorwegianHusky @DoogWhisperer @dirtysouwfdawg and @79smoothdawg

Quentin Pounds – 1.70 (-1.30 from HS ranking) – Another guy who just couldn’t stay healthy, but had some big moments when he was. Mostly 1s and 2s, but received 3s from @Swaye @ByronMurphyTheGoat and @AEB

Myles Rice – 1.34 (-1.66 from HS ranking) – Never really did anything, but on the plus side he left early rather than take up a scholarship. Received a 3 from @Swaye for some reason

Henry Roberts – 1.70 (-2.30 from HS ranking) – Underwhelming career for Henry, although he had a decent game in the Vegas Bowel. Mostly 1s and 2s for him. Received 3s from @UWhuskytskeet @whlinder @chuck and @DeepDawg and received a 4 from @DawgsRus .

Jason Scrempos – 1.12 (-1.88 from HS ranking) – Trying to think of what he did other than a few FG units in garbage time. Maybe that’s why 8 of you gave him a 2?

Justiss Warren – 1.16 (-1.84 from HS ranking) – At least this guy caught a TD in a real game once, but other than that there wasn’t much. 11 people gave him a 2.

Brandon Wellington – 2.07 (-1.93 from HS ranking) – I would have guessed he would be more in the 2.5 range, but this makes sense. 46 2s, and then a few more 3s than 1s. I would quibble with the 1s, but I don’t care enough to make that argument.

Joel Whitford – 3.03 (+0.03 from JC ranking) – Mostly 3s for Joel, but a few 2s and 4s. @79smoothdawg and @FireCohen really hate special teamers because they gave him a 1 (and also gave Carty 1s).

Colson Yankoff – 1.00 (-3.00 from HS ranking) – I think this is the first unanimous 1 in the history of the JCCPCCIRI. Good job for not screwing this up.

Departing player that will be missed the most:
Hunter Bryant – 24%
Nick Harris – 21%
Myles Bryant – 20%
Trey Adams – 14%
Jacob Eason – 8%
Salvon Ahmed – 5%
Benning Potoa’e & AJ Carty – 3%
Chico McClatcher & Joel Whitford – 2%
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Sox203Sox203 Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Where can one find the 1st-5th results?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Is there a simple/easy way to weight the results by playing time?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Adams was 5 his true sophomore season, but his senior year he was just a 3. Let’s be objective. Nick Harris also got some AA love. So he should get a 5 ranking. AJ had a solid career, with no mess ups
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    Emoterman said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. This is rank order if that helps.

Harris 4.25
    Adams 4.12
    M. Bryant 4.07
    H. Bryant 3.94
    Ahmed 3.57
    Potoa'e 3.28
    Hilbers 3.21
    Whitford 3.03
    Eason 2.94
    Fuller 2.88
    Carty 2.70
    McClatcher 2.42
    Wellington 2.07
    Beavers 1.97
    Baccellia 1.87
    Pounds 1.70
    Roberts 1.70
    Rice 1.34
    Manu 1.27
    Warren 1.16
    Haener 1.13
    Scrempos 1.12
    Nasili-Kite 1.03
    Lowe 1.01
    Yankoff 1.00

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    One was a little harsh for Chico. I wanted him to recapture his electricity. Ultimately, he really didn’t contribute for 2+ years.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Glad I filled that out at the last minute. What a strange departing group. I'd argue that Myles Bryant had the most seasons/games/snaps, however you want to measure it, of high level play of the whole bunch. A walk-on. Next in my mind would be Nick Harris, famously of one P5 offer.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TYFYS. Beautiful work as always.

Also, Myles Rice left early? I thought he was just a JR this year. Don’t remember seeing that he was portaling but have been traveling a lot the last month.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

TYFYS. Beautiful work as always.

Also, Myles Rice left early? I thought he was just a JR this year. Don’t remember seeing that he was portaling but have been traveling a lot the last month.

He grey shirted and red shirted. He was like 25 by the time he left
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    Doogiest doog award. So be it.

Still the weakest JCCPCCIR since it was started
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Good work, Woof.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    To my defense I’m on the downward part of my cycle and so I really want to kill someone.

Both Bryant and Adams had a full point deducted for dicking out on the team for the bowl. This doesn’t sit well with me so get off my lawn.

Edit: be it crap offense, coaching, or injuries; neither ended as well as I feel they could’ve.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Woof said:

Emoterman said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. This is rank order if that helps.

Harris 4.25
    Adams 4.12
    M. Bryant 4.07
    H. Bryant 3.94
    Ahmed 3.57
    Potoa'e 3.28
    Hilbers 3.21
    Whitford 3.03
    Eason 2.94
    Fuller 2.88
    Carty 2.70
    McClatcher 2.42
    Wellington 2.07
    Beavers 1.97
    Baccellia 1.87
    Pounds 1.70
    Roberts 1.70
    Rice 1.34
    Manu 1.27
    Warren 1.16
    Haener 1.13
    Scrempos 1.12
    Nasili-Kite 1.03
    Lowe 1.01
    Yankoff 1.00

The thought is it might be illuminating to see how the average tracks over the years mostly disregarding players who never actually played.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thanks Woof. Great job!

Hilbers should have been 4* you fucking nincompoops. He's good.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    Ahmed was a 2 for me since he massively underwhelmed. I suppose he deserved a 3 on the basis of how he performed but he was supposed to be a super stud and wasn’t.

Harris I gave a 3 because I thought he regressed some this year, but he probably deserved a 4.